Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

THE GRACELAND 1976 MASTERS

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:58 pm

THE GRACELAND 1976 MASTERS (1-CD DELUXE 2 WING DIGIPACK ELVIS PRESLEY AUDIOPHILE EDITION)

1. Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall -
2. She Thinks I Still Care -
3. The Last Farewell -
4. Solitaire -
5. Moody Blue -
6. I''ll Never Fall In Love Again -
7. For The Heart
8. Hurt -
9. Danny Boy -
10. Never Again -
11. Love Coming Down -
12. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain -
13. It's Easy For You -
14. Way Down -
15. Pleding My Love -
16. He''ll Have To Go

Over the years, terms like ’digitally remastered’ and ’improved sound’ have become virtually meaningless, due to their overuse by the records labels, whose product more often than not does not really deliver in the audio department. Enter Retro Audio, a sound expert who has developed a remarkable new technique for improving the audio on vintage recordings. Retro Audio is not some guy fiddling around on a computer, he is the real deal, and some of his masterings currently in circulation in the Elvis world are creating quite a furore. Fans have expressed great surprise at what they are hearing, and have wondered how it is possible that Retro Audio was able to improve on even the best sources so far in such a significant way. Hearing his audio work is like suddenly seeing a b&w photo in color; there is much more dept in the recording, more definition, Elvis’ voice reveals more details… the results are nothing less than startling. Retro Audio has now turned his attention to Elvis’ most misunderstood work, the Graceland sessions from 1976, and this is arguably his finest audio work so far. Get ready to hear these recordings in a whole new light, as this remarkable procedure has breathed new life into these masters. Hear Elvis’ voice as you have never heard him before, it’s like you can almost reach out and touch him. Get surprised by details you never heard before. If you buy only one Elvis CD this summer, then make sure that it’s this one, because this audiophile release WILL surprise you. Presented in a deluxe 2-wing digipack with relevant photos and session details, this is one release that you simply MUST hear!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: THE GRACELAND 1976 MASTERS

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:13 pm

As discussed before (on this board) these are the TCEPM masters run through tube equipment. To be honest I'm a bit surprised about this release actually given that these are official masters and none of them are in the public domain.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Is'nt the sound quality from the CM box good enough ?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Based on the other Retro audio versions that I have heard the sound will most likely be too bright for my taste. And yes, they are all sourced from the complete masters set. If my understanding is correct they were transferred to tape, run through tupe equipment and the result = retro audio.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 pm

ep1977 wrote:THE GRACELAND 1976 MASTERS (1-CD DELUXE 2 WING DIGIPACK ELVIS PRESLEY AUDIOPHILE EDITION)

3. The Last Farewell -
4. Solitaire -
5. Moody Blue -
7. For The Heart
8. Hurt -
9. Danny Boy -
10. Never Again -
11. Love Coming Down -
13. It's Easy For You -
14. Way Down -
15. Pledging My Love -
16. He''ll Have To Go

Has Retro Audio been able to make Elvis' voice strong, clear and in key?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Would be nice if someone could post a sample when they recieve it............

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ep1977 wrote:THE GRACELAND 1976 MASTERS (1-CD DELUXE 2 WING DIGIPACK ELVIS PRESLEY AUDIOPHILE EDITION)

3. The Last Farewell -
4. Solitaire -
5. Moody Blue -
7. For The Heart
8. Hurt -
9. Danny Boy -
10. Never Again -
11. Love Coming Down -
13. It's Easy For You -
14. Way Down -
15. Pledging My Love -
16. He''ll Have To Go

If they can magically make his voice sound like he did in 1961, then I'm in.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 pm

I'll be getting this. I love retros work!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Mike DK wrote:Based on the other Retro audio versions that I have heard the sound will most likely be too bright for my taste. And yes, they are all sourced from the complete masters set. If my understanding is correct they were transferred to tape, run through tupe equipment and the result = retro audio.

I will be getting this also as I'm a fan of Retro's work. I'm just curios Mike DK, what you mean by 'too bright'.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Is'nt the sound quality from the CM box good enough ?

It's perfect.

There's no need for releases such as this, pointless.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Elvis looks like a news reader on the album cover....

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:19 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Elvis looks like a news reader on the album cover....

I know it's only one photo but he looks pretty sick and depressed.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:25 am

You can fix the pitch, but you can't fix the song selections.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:45 am

Taking the Sony CD, dubbing it to tape, running it through equipment and "remastering" back to digital is not very audiophile at all.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:47 am

Matthew wrote:Taking the Sony CD, dubbing it to tape, running it through equipment and "remastering" back to digital is not very audiophile at all.

It's tube-tastic! :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:23 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Elvis looks like a news reader on the album cover....

........... with constipation...............

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Mike DK wrote:Based on the other Retro audio versions that I have heard the sound will most likely be too bright for my taste. And yes, they are all sourced from the complete masters set. If my understanding is correct they were transferred to tape, run through tupe equipment and the result = retro audio.

A bit too bright indeed.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:30 am

frus75 wrote:

A bit too bright indeed.

Hey Frus75 can I ask what you mean by 'too bright'. What is it that you're hearing that I'm not.

thanks

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 am

I think it's fine if retro audio wants to play around w/the complete masters set and put it up for us to check out. But to call this some sort of audiophile masterpiece is bunk, he's simply manipulated the Sony set, you'd have to be a fool to spend your money on this.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
frus75 wrote:

A bit too bright indeed.

Hey Frus75 can I ask what you mean by 'too bright'. What is it that you're hearing that I'm not.

thanks

Many people don't like to hear much treble or, the high end. The original mix of these songs on LP was atrocious. The Japanese 24bit master from a few years ago was a step in the right direction and many applauded that release on this board. But, some did not like it as they seem to prefer the effect of a pair of thick curtains over their speakers or something! :o

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:40 am

Moody_Blue wrote:I think it's fine if retro audio wants to play around w/the complete masters set and put it up for us to check out. But to call this some sort of audiophile masterpiece is bunk, he's simply manipulated the Sony set, you'd have to be a fool to spend your money on this.

+1

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Many people don't like to hear much treble or, the high end. The original mix of these songs on LP was atrocious. The Japanese 24bit master from a few years ago was a step in the right direction and many applauded that release on this board. But, some did not like it as they seem to prefer the effect of a pair of thick curtains over their speakers or something! :o

The original mixes are fine, imo. How much treble one prefers is subjective. To me, too much treble makes the sound artificial, like trying to reveal detail that's not there in the first place.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Moody_Blue wrote:I think it's fine if retro audio wants to play around w/the complete masters set and put it up for us to check out. But to call this some sort of audiophile masterpiece is bunk, he's simply manipulated the Sony set, you'd have to be a fool to spend your money on this.

Agree.

As I understand it, retro himself isn't actually behind this release, but rather traded the content for something he really wanted with the understanding that the person he traded with would probably end up trying to sell his work.

I for one hope this 'series' fades away quietly. The era of misleading descriptions of content has gone to a new low with this one.

It's one thing to torrent his sonic manipulation experiments. It's quite another to sell them as audiophile releases.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:47 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:
frus75 wrote:

A bit too bright indeed.

thanks

Too much treble.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

3. The Last Farewell -
4. Solitaire -
5. Moody Blue -
7. For The Heart
8. Hurt -
9. Danny Boy -
10. Never Again -
11. Love Coming Down -
13. It's Easy For You -
14. Way Down -
15. Pledging My Love -
16. He''ll Have To Go

You would be amazed at what they can do now Doc, are u not in that loop yet ?

If it worked for Katy Perry, among others, it could certainly work for the King, no ?