Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis Receiving Gold Record Awards pics...

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:09 pm

K.C. wrote:February 25, 1961, reaching the 76 million mark with "Surrender" from the latest Elvis Presley's Memphis book.

To me at least, this looks like an in-house gold record being presented by RCA, not a RIAA certification, which makes me wonder, "why was RCA still issuing in-house gold records in February, 1961? "Surrender" wasn't issued a proper RIAA certification until March, 1992.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:18 am

love these photos

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:34 am

K.C. wrote:February 25, 1961, reaching the 76 million mark with "Surrender" from the latest Elvis Presley's Memphis book.

Thank you K.C. I've posted information and pic at the top of this thread.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:02 am

robbie wrote:a few more :lol:

Robbie, Thank you for all the pics. I've posted pics at the top of this thread.

Do you have any information (who presented award, album) for the pic I've attached? I believe they’re at MSG - 1972.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:57 am

Daryl wrote:I think it's also worth pointing out that during the February 1961 dinner and shows, Elvis at most was only presented with two awards by the RIAA, if at all (Elvis the second album and the "Hard Headed Woman" single). I seriously doubt though that these were presented to Elvis at this time, even though RCA was touting Elvis as having sold 75 million at the time. Also the photo for Elvis getting a gold record for the Christmas album is a bit misleading as according to the RIAA website both it and the Girls!, Girls!, Girls! soundtrack were
awarded at the same time.

Daryl

Yes.
The "Girls!Girls!Girls! soundtrack LP and the "Elvis' Christmas Album" LP were both granted awards on August,13,1963.

Why they waited till Oct. 1963 for a photo op presentation is a mystery.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 am

Hilton 1972, Not The Best Quality but possibly worth posting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:16 pm

pacer1005 wrote:Hilton 1972, Not The Best Quality but possibly worth posting.

Those two and the photo also from MSG shows Pål Granlund, president of the Norwegian Fan Club; Flaming Star and his then wife, Mona. Can't remember the record they gave him a Norwegian award for.

Eivind

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:20 pm

vbgt wrote:
midnightx wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Image

Elvis looks ultra-cool in this shot.

That's what I was thinking. Elvis dressed kind of "normally" for the 70's. Looks like jeans,probably cords? Short sleeve shirts seemed rare in the 70's too

And we can also add this picture to the collection where "Little Elvis" is viewable :oops:

Björn

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:09 pm

dreambear wrote:
vbgt wrote:
midnightx wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Elvis dressed kind of "normally" for the 70's. Looks like jeans,probably cords? Short sleeve shirts seemed rare in the 70's too

And we can also add this picture to the collection where "Little Elvis" is viewable :oops:

Björn

This pic and the one he took with Engelbert in May of 72, are iconic!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Thank you pacer1005. I've posted pic at the top of this thread.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Eivind wrote:

Those two and the photo also from MSG shows Pål Granlund, president of the Norwegian Fan Club; Flaming Star and his then wife, Mona. Can't remember the record they gave him a Norwegian award for. Eivind

Thank you Elvind. I've posted information at the top of this thread.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:23 pm

:lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:05 pm

robbie wrote: :lol:

Thank you robbie. I've posted pic at the top of this thread.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 am

Daryl wrote:

To me at least, this looks like an in-house gold record being presented by RCA, not a RIAA certification, which makes me wonder, "why was RCA still issuing in-house gold records in February, 1961? "Surrender" wasn't issued a proper RIAA certification until March, 1992.

That is a great question.

According To Ernst, the "Surrender" 45rpm single didn't even sell close to a "Million"in it's original chart run, and much less than his previous 45, almost a million drop in sales, which was the great "Are You Lonesome Tonight?", which again, was a double Platinum (2 Million) record seller ...

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 am

So, According to RCA, the 45rpm, "Surrender", had sold a "million" copies in the same month it was released ?

I have the chart run for that record on Billboard "Hot 100" .

"Surrender"/"Lonely Man"

#1 (2 weeks)

Chart Run: 24-4-2-2-1-1-3-7-10-19-25-42

Pretty strong entry and hot record for 8 weeks, but was out of there almost as fast as it came.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
midnightx wrote:Elvis looks ultra-cool in this shot.

Indeed he does! His clothes are -- for him -- quite casual, but he looks awesome.

He's also trimmer and tanner than he was at MSG on June 10, just seven weeks earlier.

Clearly, Elvis was ready to knock 'em dead for his opening show on August 4.

"Talkin' 'bout my baby .."

But who is the guy holding the framed record ?? :-)

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm

::rocks

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:44 pm

8)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 am

dreambear wrote:
vbgt wrote:
midnightx wrote:

Björn

...and to think Cybil Sheppard said he was so passe' at this point. Hmmmm...wonder who she was with in Vegas at this time, couldn't have been this guy. From an artistic standpoint, Elvis probably had his show at it's peak in his view during this season. He was reaching across a broad spectrum of music, well arranged and performed. I have all the soundboards from this season and he is on his game, although he had a bout of the flu on opening night, by the second week he is really starting to cook. Wish he had done Burning Love and given Steamroller a few more tries as well.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm

It seems that Elvis only received 7 official US RIAA Awards in person.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:59 pm

:)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 pm

robbie wrote:a few more :lol:

Here's a further alternate;
ELVIS AWARD.jpg

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:27 pm

One from late 1962 (?)
ELVIS AWARD 2.jpg

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Tony.. wrote:One from late 1962 (?)

An alternative shot:

Elvis [20].JPG

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 am

ColinB wrote:
Tony.. wrote:One from late 1962 (?)

An alternative shot:

Elvis [20].JPG

Terriffic. Thanks. (Elvis is saying it's a lovely 7 incher I have here, honey).