Post here your Elvis' pictures

"Aloha" Eagle Jump. & Cape

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 am

Image

Montgomery ?

Re: "Aloha" Eagle Jump. & Cape

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Is that from 1974?

Re: "Aloha" Eagle Jump. & Cape

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 pm

That is from 1973, from Oklahoma City July 2, 1973. A Sean Shaver photo found heavily and clumsily doctored on the cover of his "Photographing the King" book. I think Elvis is wearing the Lion Claw on the same kind of chain (different from preceding days) as in Atlanta the next day, although I'm can't actually make it out in this photo! :)

Re: "Aloha" Eagle Jump. & Cape

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:That is from 1973, from Oklahoma City July 2, 1973. A Sean Shaver photo found heavily and clumsily doctored on the cover of his "Photographing the King" book. I think Elvis is wearing the Lion Claw on the same kind of chain (different from preceding days) as in Atlanta the next day, although I'm can't actually make it out in this photo! :)


From a closer look at the photo, no, he is not wearing the Lion Claw necklace - it looks like it's just a cross necklace - and that is the THIRD Aloha Bald-Headed Eagle suit he is wearing due to the weight gain you can see around his waist.

Re: "Aloha" Eagle Jump. & Cape

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 am

Scott Hayward wrote:A Sean Shaver photo found heavily and clumsily doctored on the cover of his "Photographing the King" book.


I'm of the opinion that this is a still "photo" made from a film transfer. The "doctoring" was done in an attempt to clean up some of the natural film grain in the transfer and (in Sean's judgement) subjectively enhance the clarity/color of the "photo."

I agree, it was done rather poorly and it was the very first thing I noticed on the cover of his book when I received it - very obvious. It made for a neat and technically "new" novelty photo, though. Unique enough to use as a cover shot for his latest book at the time.

photographing-the-king.jpg



N8
... just a fan ....

Re: "Aloha" Eagle Jump. & Cape

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:That is from 1973, from Oklahoma City July 2, 1973. A Sean Shaver photo found heavily and clumsily doctored on the cover of his "Photographing the King" book. I think Elvis is wearing the Lion Claw on the same kind of chain (different from preceding days) as in Atlanta the next day, although I'm can't actually make it out in this photo! :)


From a closer look at the photo, no, he is not wearing the Lion Claw necklace - it looks like it's just a cross necklace - and that is the THIRD Aloha Bald-Headed Eagle suit he is wearing due to the weight gain you can see around his waist.

To my knowledge there is not a third suit, only a quite expanded version of the suit he wore at the rehearsel show.

Re: "Aloha" Eagle Jump. & Cape

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm

N880EP wrote:I'm of the opinion that this is a still "photo" made from a film transfer. The "doctoring" was done in an attempt to clean up some of the natural film grain in the transfer and (in Sean's judgement) subjectively enhance the clarity/color of the "photo."
I don't know about that, could be. The same moment can be found in this youtube video, which actually looks like it's taken from the very same angle:

phpBB [video]


Here's a screen capture:
Elvis Presley Leaving Stage Summer 1973 - YouTube [360p].mp4_snapshot_01.06_[2012.06.28_23.15.20].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.