Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Wed May 30, 2012 1:46 pm

midnightx wrote:Not the greatest concert the King ever performed.

No it wasn't, but it was very good considering it was the last show of the engagement and the third show that very day.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:37 pm

The sound quality for this show was much better than I expected. The quality of Elvis' performance was a little surprising too. Much better than Omaha a few days prior and Madison the following day (thankfully) but just below Rapid City. "Hurt" was definitely the highlight of the show. I would put this on the same scale as the Indianapolis version. He not only hits the high note, but holds it a few seconds longer than normal. The audience definitely showed their appreciation. They clapped along on several songs, were very enthusiastic throughout and left feeling entertained no doubt. Elvis performs "Can't Help Falling In Love" with the same ending as in Omaha and Rapid City. He performs "Help Me" and "Blue Suede Shoes" for the final time during this show and gave a very good version of "I Really Don't Want To Know." It would also be the last time Ronnie Tutt would see him alive. Over all, not a bad little collector's item.

There were other highlights too. J.D. did his dive-bomb routine twice. The band introductions were great and lasted for about 12 minutes. Sherrill Nielsen performs "Danny Boy" and "Walk With Me" (I love the latter) and "If You Love Me (Let Me Know) reigns supreme. There are also a couple of women very close to the recorder who love screaming out song titles in unison (Unchained Melody). I'm also pretty sure they both had orgasms when Elvis said, "One of our latest records is called Hurt."

You now have all the details and can decide whether or not to obtain a copy. While I like mine, it obviously won't be for everybody.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Rob wrote:There were other highlights too. J.D. did his dive-bomb routine twice. The band introductions were great and lasted for about 12 minutes. Sherrill Nielsen performs "Danny Boy" and "Walk With Me" (I love the latter) and "If You Love Me (Let Me Know) reigns supreme.

Yes!

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Big Boss Man (FTD)

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:28 am

Robinson Memorial Auditorium, Little Rock, Arkansas, May 16, 1956

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Have been listening to this killer show the last few days.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:36 pm

August 30th 1976, Tuscaloosa, AL.

This is one of my favourite concerts from 1976, Elvis is in strong voice with great versions of if you love me,YGMAM, jailhouse,America, hurt.

The sound quality is also fantastic, the soundboard is that good it almost sounds like a multi-track recording.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm

THE SUN SESSIONS! ::rocks

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:27 pm

matteo wrote:THE SUN SESSIONS! ::rocks

Anyone see the problem here?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Rob wrote:
matteo wrote:THE SUN SESSIONS! ::rocks

Anyone see the problem here?

You are a real stickler for details.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 pm

To hear Richard Rennie introducing his own recording is a real flashback...
VEGAS 2/5/70DS
This cdr has been released three times on pressed cd, but for nostalgia sake, i played this one.
He was indeed blowing the roof off!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 pm

I gave this one a spin right now....I like it..even if it`s 1977
Nice selection of songs..

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:11 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:Image

This is one of my favourite concerts from 1976, Elvis is in strong voice with great versions of if you love me,YGMAM, jailhouse,America, hurt.

The sound quality is also fantastic, the soundboard is that good it almost sounds like a multi-track recording.

Yes, the sound quality of this is good, but...it's a favorite concert? My goodness! The great sound emphasizes how poorly he was performing and how much trouble he was in. This is one I've never replayed. I hate to see this wonderful talent reduced to this.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 pm

stevelecher wrote:

Yes, the sound quality of this is good, but...it's a favorite concert? My goodness! The great sound emphasizes how poorly he was performing and how much trouble he was in. This is one I've never replayed. I hate to see this wonderful talent reduced to this.

This concert is not one of my overall favourites, and yes it does pale in comparison to concerts such as MSG and Aloha but one of my favourites from 1976. I've always found Elvis to be in strong voice during this show, and I especially like the versions of America, hurt, love letters and mountain. This show alongside the march and december soundboards are my favourite from 1976.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:
stevelecher wrote:

This concert is not one of my overall favourites, and yes it does pale in comparison to concerts such as MSG and Aloha but one of my favourites from 1976. I've always found Elvis to be in strong voice during this show, and I especially like the versions of America, hurt, love letters and mountain. This show alongside the march and december soundboards are my favourite from 1976.

This concert, and New Haven, are the poster children of the 1976 Elvis. Glad you like it though. You're not alone, thanks to the very good sound.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Yesterday I gave BORN TO GIVE US FEVER another spin. The sound is not too good, but the show is quite nice.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 pm

The fantastic Live On Stage In Memphis - how I wish I was in the audience that night !

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Talking about concerts... it would be great if FTD issued the August 3, 1969 show... I have the original Opening Night CD but was never able to buy "The Return of a Prodigy" which I understand is significantly better sounding... although I've never had the pleasure of hearing it... :(

Image Image

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:13 am

elvis-fan wrote:Talking about concerts... it would be great if FTD issued the August 3, 1969 show... I have the original Opening Night CD but was never able to buy "The Return of a Prodigy" which I understand is significantly better sounding... although I've never had the pleasure of hearing it... :(

Image Image

Return Of A Prodigy is my favourite bootleg ever,you should try and track it down if possible.

norrie

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 am

elvis-fan wrote:Talking about concerts... it would be great if FTD issued the August 3, 1969 show... I have the original Opening Night CD but was never able to buy "The Return of a Prodigy" which I understand is significantly better sounding... although I've never had the pleasure of hearing it... :(

Image Image

Try ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-T ... 19d1c8f7c3

That's a very reasonable price.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 am