Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Paradise Hawaiian style take 4

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:08 pm

I love this version with E vocal arrangement....where can I get the best sounding version of it??... as FTD released only the last part together with take 1 :roll:

Re: Paradise Hawaiian style take 4

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:02 am

ale wrote:I love this version with E vocal arrangement....where can I get the best sounding version of it??... as FTD released only the last part together with take 1 :roll:

That's the best-sounding, albeit incomplete, version. The full version is here:

The Paradise Hawaiian Style Sessions, Vol. 2, (TCB 96302, 1990)
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/paradise2.html

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:37 pm

thanks Dr!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:00 pm

The timbre of his voice is very unusual on these sessions.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 pm

ale wrote:thanks Dr!

Always happy to help. It's what I do!

::rocks

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

ale wrote:I love this version with E vocal arrangement....where can I get the best sounding version of it??... as FTD released only the last part together with take 1 :roll:

Why did they do that? Is there something wrong with take 4 full version? :?:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Tony.. wrote:

i second that. what in the world made ernst decide to not release the full version? it´s a great take.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Jambalaya wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

i second that. what in the world made ernst decide to not release the full version? it´s a great take.

I never listen to that album so I never noticed this. Also, they did not release any alternate takes of the one decent song on the album, "Sand Castles". They only included an undubbed master. :o

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Jambalaya wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

I never listen to that album so I never noticed this. Also, they did not release any alternate takes of the one decent song on the album, "Sand Castles". They only included an undubbed master. :o

can't say the same about Sand Castles....I always though it was a silly song, maybe just for children
The melody is good, so if the lyrics would have been different, maybe as a love song, would have been really much better, but is all about tastes :wink:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:35 pm

ale wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Jambalaya wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

can't say the same about Sand Castles....I always though it was a silly song, maybe just for children
The melody is good, so if the lyrics would have been different, maybe as a love song, would have been really much better, but is all about tastes :wink:

I find that one to be the only listenable song on that (thankfully) short album. Possibly Elvis' very worst LP. And now the worst FTD.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm

The beautifully understated Sand Castles may well be the best thing Elvis Presley recorded in 1965.

The alternate electric guitar takes remain officially - and quite surprisingly - unissued.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Little more general info here:

From http://keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/650804.html

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 pm

KingElvis wrote:Little more general info here:

From http://keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/650804.html

Boy, those FTD guys sure know how to confuse collectors by splicing takes together for no apparent reason.