Chat talk and light discussion

Colorado and Wyoming

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:10 pm

In mid June I'll be touring Colorado and Wyoming, and would love to meet any Elvis fans for iether a coffee or a beer on the trip.

I land in Denver on the 13th. and my planned route includes Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, Cody, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Craig and Golden. I last did this trip in 1988 and am greatly looking forward to seeing these places again.

If anyone lives anywhere near to these places and would like to meet, please get in touch.

Chris.

Re: Colorado and Wyoming

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 pm

I typically visit CO during the summer months, but won't be there in June. Have a wonderful trip. A truly beautiful part of the country.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:04 pm

midnightx wrote:I typically visit CO during the summer months, but won't be there in June. Have a wonderful trip. A truly beautiful part of the country.

Thanks Midnightx, I'm sure I will, sorry you wont be there at that time. Over the years I have seen much of the US, my favourite holiday destination, and the Wyoming area has always been amongst my favourite parts.

I was watching a TV programme a while back and they claim that millions of years ago Scotland was a part of North America whilst England was from south of the equator and during the earths formation they collided! maybe thats why the Highlands of Scotland (of course on a smaller scale) and Wyoming are in many ways similer.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:01 am

Have an amazing time chris and tell us all about it mate.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:53 am

rocknroller wrote:Have an amazing time chris and tell us all about it mate.

Thanks Pat, only a week to go now. I leave Edinbugh for Denver, via Heathrow on the 13th. :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 am

Chris Roberts wrote:
rocknroller wrote:Have an amazing time chris and tell us all about it mate.

Thanks Pat, only a week to go now. I leave Edinbugh for Denver, via Heathrow on the 13th. :D

8) 8) 8)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:01 pm

After enjoying 105 degrees and sun in Colorado I have returned to the reality of 55 degrees and rain in Aviemore, Scotland! I enjoyed a great tour driving 1,960 miles across Wyoming, southern Montana, eastern Utah and back to Denver.

That was my 12th. (my first was in 1972 to see Elvis) visit to the U.S. and as usuall everyone I met were very friendly and the food exellent and plentifull. Petrol (gas) is still well less than half the price we pay in the U.K.

Denver at the time I left was surrounded by wild fires, and my heart and sympathy go out to all the families that have been affected by these and especially to those that have lost their homes, pets and all belongings, thinking of that our rain doesn't seem so bad after all!

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:After enjoying 105 degrees and sun in Colorado I have returned to the reality of 55 degrees and rain in Aviemore, Scotland! I enjoyed a great tour driving 1,960 miles across Wyoming, southern Montana, eastern Utah and back to Denver.

That was my 12th. (my first was in 1972 to see Elvis) visit to the U.S. and as usuall everyone I met were very friendly and the food exellent and plentifull. Petrol (gas) is still well less than half the price we pay in the U.K.

Denver at the time I left was surrounded by wild fires, and my heart and sympathy go out to all the families that have been affected by these and especially to those that have lost their homes, pets and all belongings, thinking of that our rain doesn't seem so bad after all!

Glad you had a great time chris and got back safe and sound to miserable wet scotland.