Off Topic Messages

I Pulled Down My "Jailhouse Johnny" vid - NOT FUNNY

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:23 am

Yes. You can no longer view it, because it is no longer there. It was based on a misunderstood joke that should be shredded.

A Florida boy was killed, and the killer clearly used the "c" word. (Somehow, the killer was "Neighborhood Watch Captain," though now they say it was not official.)

If you have uploaded "Man In The Moon," please take it down, now, in memory of Trayvon Martin.

Elvis never intended for this to be released, and probably never even remembered it. It was about a childhood memory of seeing wild rodents with visible privates, and he was stoned. It was not a racial slur in his ditty, but will be interpreted as such. Please remove it from public distribution, if you haven't already done so.

Justice for Trayvon.

http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1002619282

rjm

Re: I Pulled Down My "Jailhouse Johnny" vid - NOT FUNNY

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 am

rjm wrote:It was about a childhood memory of seeing wild rodents with visible privates, and he was stoned.

That is one amazing sentence. Have you seen these artistic interpretations?

ElvisCornholeMoon.jpg
ElvisCornholeMoon2.jpg


Thanks to monkboughtlunch for the art.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I Pulled Down My "Jailhouse Johnny" vid - NOT FUNNY

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:15 am

I have seen them, and yes, they explain the, uh, situation. To us. They're hilarious, and they clearly inspired the toy - which I love. But the word is a hot-potato. Perhaps more so now. We're further away from the kind of rural life Elvis knew as a child. (I saw one a couple months ago, in the zoo near where I live. But most people have never seen one in person. So, they think it's just a slur. The things stand upright! I have pictures!)

REAL_JailhouseJohnny_resize.jpg


On CNN, yesterday, they played the word, including the F-word (and they gave a warning), 10 times in a row, with an audio expert.

http://current.com/shows/the-young-turks/videos/in-911-call-does-george-zimmerman-call-trayvon-martin-a-fing-coon

A very clear version, 2:21-2:22 of the video:

http://current.com/shows/the-young-turks/videos/in-911-call-does-george-zimmerman-call-trayvon-martin-a-fing-coon

Anyway, while they were doing that, I was staring at "Jailhouse Johnny." And made a decision.

Elvis probably never even remembered what he did, but the world . . . well, the world.

rjm
P.S. -- As for the "amazing sentence," one could only say such a thing about one person! Elvis Presley. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I Pulled Down My "Jailhouse Johnny" vid - NOT FUNNY

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:57 am

rjm wrote:Yes. You can no longer view it, because it is no longer there. It was based on a misunderstood joke that should be shredded.

A Florida boy was killed, and the killer clearly used the "c" word. (Somehow, the killer was "Neighborhood Watch Captain," though now they say it was not official.)

If you have uploaded "Man In The Moon," please take it down, now, in memory of Trayvon Martin.

Elvis never intended for this to be released, and probably never even remembered it. It was about a childhood memory of seeing wild rodents with visible privates, and he was stoned. It was not a racial slur in his ditty, but will be interpreted as such. Please remove it from public distribution, if you haven't already done so.

Justice for Trayvon.

http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1002619282

rjm

So what you are saying is that ANYTHING that has to do with a racoon even this video below is offensive now just because some idiot called someone a coon??? So now we are not suppose to have nothing to do with any kind of anything that has a racoon involved . Are they supposed to be taken out of all the zoos too? Can't show them on National Geographic either ? Will all books and and animal records be destroyed now that this has happened ??
My God I didn't think the world would finally come to this this is so bad now ! I hope they are no racoons that come around my house to get in my garbage anymore!! What should I do?? This is so bad now . I think the national registry for dogs is going to change the name of coonhound now after all this because it sure wont be FUNNY to have a dog like that !!!
Beforwarned everone this video below is very offinsive and NOT FUNNY!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
phpBB [video]

Re: I Pulled Down My "Jailhouse Johnny" vid - NOT FUNNY

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 am

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:Yes. You can no longer view it, because it is no longer there. It was based on a misunderstood joke that should be shredded.

A Florida boy was killed, and the killer clearly used the "c" word. (Somehow, the killer was "Neighborhood Watch Captain," though now they say it was not official.)

If you have uploaded "Man In The Moon," please take it down, now, in memory of Trayvon Martin.

Elvis never intended for this to be released, and probably never even remembered it. It was about a childhood memory of seeing wild rodents with visible privates, and he was stoned. It was not a racial slur in his ditty, but will be interpreted as such. Please remove it from public distribution, if you haven't already done so.

Justice for Trayvon.

http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1002619282

rjm

So what you are saying is that ANYTHING that has to do with a racoon even this video below is offensive now just because some idiot called someone a coon??? So now we are not suppose to have nothing to do with any kind of anything that has a racoon involved . Are they supposed to be taken out of all the zoos too? Can't show them on National Geographic either ? Will all books and and animal records be destroyed now that this has happened ??
My God I didn't think the world would finally come to this this is so bad now ! I hope they are no racoons that come around my house to get in my garbage anymore!! What should I do?? This is so bad now . I think the national registry for dogs is going to change the name of coonhound now after all this because it sure wont be FUNNY to have a dog like that !!!
Beforwarned everone this video below is very offinsive and NOT FUNNY!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:


phpBB [video]




LOL!!! :smt005

rjm
P.S. -- It was in the heat of emotion. Mine has a dryer in the background, which gives a more homelike look. "Enjoy Elvis Toy" will go back up. Soon.

P.P.S. -- I was storyboarding an important YouTube tonight, and Moviemaker wouldn't start. Arrrrgggghhhhhh! I give in to the heat of emotion A LOT!

smashcomputer.jpg


But then I calm down. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I Pulled Down My "Jailhouse Johnny" vid - NOT FUNNY

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 am

still love you anyway rjm! :smt055

Re: I Pulled Down My "Jailhouse Johnny" vid - NOT FUNNY

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 am

promiseland wrote:still love you anyway rjm! :smt055


There's a greeting card like that! :smt005 :smt006

rjm (it'll go back up) :smt007

P.S. -- That YouTube I was working on was NOT the one that just went up. I did that in about an hour this afternoon. This other one is a BIG project. I was scanning 'till four in the morning last night. And I'm editing video clips: small ones, and there's not the smooth tranition btw the clips and the "moving stills" that I would like. (It's a Sinatra song; I've been working on it for a while.) That's why I wish I had better software, and the equipment to run it on. I'm finally getting good, and Moviemaker can only do so much. I like it . . . it's flows nicely, but it has limitations. Especially since I like to do narratives. I wish I had a new computer!! {stamping of little feet}