Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Star Productions?

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:10 am

What is STAR production? Is it just a fan? or something official?

They've or he has done some good work with Elvis videos

Re: Star Productions?

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:36 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:What is STAR production? Is it just a fan? or something official?

STAR is a Dutch unofficial label that produces home-made DVDs, sometimes they do a great job (see my YouTube link) and sometimes they make a mess (wrong aspect ratio, bad edits, very pixelated... in other words, amateurish).

This is from their latest release: "Viva Elvis", where they did a good job:
phpBB [video]

Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:18 am

JimmyCool wrote:
ElvisTheKid wrote:What is STAR production? Is it just a fan? or something official?

STAR is a Dutch unofficial label that produces home-made DVDs, sometimes they do a great job (see my YouTube link) and sometimes they make a mess (wrong aspect ratio, bad edits, very pixelated... in other words, amateurish).

This is from their latest release: "Viva Elvis", where they did a good job:
phpBB [video]

That's actually not too bad. I just got done saying in another thread that i don't like re-mixes but really enjoyed that one. I guess anytime the focus is on Elvis' vocals, you can't go wrong. I have Viva Elvis too but haven't found the moment to listen to it yet.

Back onto STAR, I like the Christmas DVD they did. They did a good job with the images. The Movie 1 2 3 4 etc DVDs I didn't like too much because the used the studio recordings. A lot of it didn't match up so most are either in slow motion or just image shots which gave me a headach after a while.

Do you or does anyone else know if an official DVD exists of all Elvis Movie Performances? I made my own but I'm looking for something more official.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:03 am

Through My Eyes is the best thing ever done as a video boot. I can't see it being done with as my flair officially.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:16 am

Mike Eder wrote:Through My Eyes is the best thing ever done as a video boot. I can't see it being done with as my flair officially.

It's up there. In like 60 parts! Each one is only a few minutes long. It'll take me a week to grab 'em all. You can put up 15 minute segments now.

Maybe someone, some generous someone, can . . .?

Meanwhile, this is the whole playlist. One cannot listen at their leisure, though, as it's a bear to download all those parts and burn 'em to DVD. Man!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14E7B2B78BEA2E37

Here's one: poor Lamar:
phpBB [video]

rjm
P.S. -- Why don't they just release this? I know, I know . . . old issue.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm

"Through my Eyes" is the best version from On Tour sofar.
STAR did a perfect job with all the released and unreleased footage.
Till we get a import-box, this is the best to have.
Grt. Michel.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm

kaatje wrote:"Through my Eyes" is the best version from On Tour sofar.
Grt. Michel.

Havent watched these outtakes in years but there was 1 bootleg version (STAR ?) that
had some of the outtakes with black borders all around the footage?
Quality was bad compared to other boot dvds with same footage.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Star have made some fantastic dvd's.I love the Hollywood Elvis series.Hope they continue with this,they're up to vol 5 at the moment.
I've got 3 boy's under 10 yrs of age and they love watching them.
If anyone on this board is connected to Star-keep up the good work. :smt006

Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:57 pm

kaatje wrote:"Through my Eyes" is the best version from On Tour sofar.
Grt. Michel.

agree............

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 pm

I always loved that clip backstage (looks like Jacksonville). I'll say one thing for Lamar, he sure did take some abuse but he knew how to handle it. But you can see in many of the interviews with him following Elvis' death, there was still some resentment there... I have to believe that stemmed from Elvis' treatment of him.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:25 pm

I agree. With Elvis doing it, it gave the green light for everyone else to chime in as well. The "Go get 'em, Lard" comment is hard to take and I wasn't even there. If I had been in Elvis' entourage, I don't think I would have lasted as long as some of them did.

Glen D. in College Park comes immediately to mind. I would have told Elvis to kiss my ass in front of a packed house and he would have finished the show without a piano player.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Maybe Lamar and Glen weren't as insulted as you think they were. Perhaps they took into account Elvis' warped sense of humor or his medicated state, and just let it slide. After working with him and being his friend for years, they understood completely.
Because they were probably reaping the benefits of working with Elvis and thought their employment was more important than unemployment. After all, they all had families to feed and bills to pay.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 pm

elvisbot wrote:Maybe Lamar and Glen weren't as insulted as you think they were. Perhaps they took into account Elvis' warped sense of humor or his medicated state, and just let it slide. After working with him and being his friend for years, they understood completely.
Because they were probably reaping the benefits of working with Elvis and thought their employment was more important than unemployment. After all, they all had families to feed and bills to pay.

I would agree with that statement as it relates to Lamar... after all they were friends from the beginning of Elvis' career. But Glen was essentially an employee like the rest of the band... as far as I understand it, they didn't meet on a social level. That's not to say Elvis wasn't very fond of Glen or vice versa... but I don't think Glen understood Elvis the same way Lamar or Red would have.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Credit where credit is due. That edit of the Suspicious Minds remix is good, with almost nothing out of its correct aspect ratio. Overlayed images used to good effect and the piano interlude is very sensitively done.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 pm

elvisbot wrote:Because they were probably reaping the benefits of working with Elvis and thought their employment was more important than unemployment. After all, they all had families to feed and bills to pay.

Glen would not have been unemployed for long, if at all.

Can't say the same for Lamar.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:24 am

Rob wrote:
elvisbot wrote:Because they were probably reaping the benefits of working with Elvis and thought their employment was more important than unemployment. After all, they all had families to feed and bills to pay.

Glen would not have been unemployed for long, if at all.

Can't say the same for Lamar.

Just watching it, it's all so simple now. I mean, the horror, the horror of "Albert" (not the dog in LALLAL, but you could confuse them). Lamar got him back! Big time. 'tis true, tho he never would have admitted it.

rjm
P.S. -- Goldman was so awful, and EVERYBODY knew about it! What Lamar did is hard to excuse, even though we can see for ourselves why he did it. (Watching it, I'm thinking: "Elvis! Stop! You don't know what's gonna happen! He's gonna really get you back.") On Thanksgiving, 1981, we "did Thanksgiving," and had a dozen people over. Showed my uncle around (my folks had recently moved back up north), and he saw an Elvis poster of mine on a wall. "Oh. Elvis. He was terrible: do you know the horrible things that came out about him? This year?" Most people had no idea who the writer was, and didn't care. Much less about Lamar's motives, or Hamburger James (excuse me: "Fetchum' Bill," as Albert called him). I wanted to just die, right there. There was nothing I could say, do, or explain . . .)
P.P.S. -- Just watched it again (and somehow RealPlayer popped up and just started doing something . . . I had NO control :wink: ). And you have to admit that Elvis kinda asked for what happened: he knew this was being filmed ("Lamar, think I made you a star"), and wanted to humiliate him on-camera. This was not a typical "hostile work environment" thing; this was a 10-year-old school bully leading the "other kids" on to bully someone. And all the while, Vernon witnesses the whole thing, helplessly, impassively, as though watching a bad horror movie in a dingy theater. Kinda disgusted, and just sticks the cig back in his mouth. You can feel what he's thinking: "did I raise him? Is this my kid?? Is this all my fault?"

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Star Productions have done some great dvds -

I Love them all - they have come up with great dvds over the years -

Titles such as -
Through My Eyes -
Never Ending Love -
Holly wood Elvis -5 Vols of this
and such -

They are great to own in ya Elvis dvd collection -
I recomend em all as a devoted/loyal Elvis fan of many years
::rocks -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Yep..there is some excellent stuff... :smt007