Introducing myself

Chat talk and light discussion

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Duke90

Introducing myself

Post by Duke90 »

Hi all, I am a brand spankin' new member. I have been an Elvis fan since I was born, (now in my late 20's). I have been to Graceland 5 times and can't wait to go back. I have almost every FTD release, besides those I just had to pass on (*cough*, 'Too much Monkey Business'). I have a huge collection of LP's that i inherited from my father and I have still been adding to it.

I'm glad to find a place where I can share my thoughts and love for Elvis. Thanks all, I look forward to contributing!

skabillyrebels

Re: Introducing myself

Post by skabillyrebels »

Hi Duke
let me be the first to say welcome
Cheers Skabillyrebels ::rocks

Topic author
Stvimpe

Post by Stvimpe »

Welcome aboard!

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Duke90 wrote:Hi all, I am a brand spankin' new member. I have been an Elvis fan since I was born, (now in my late 20's). I have been to Graceland 5 times and can't wait to go back. I have almost every FTD release, besides those I just had to pass on (*cough*, 'Too much Monkey Business'). I have a huge collection of LP's that i inherited from my father and I have still been adding to it.

I'm glad to find a place where I can share my thoughts and love for Elvis. Thanks all, I look forward to contributing!
Welcome! And, boy, I love that avatar. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
Stvimpe

Post by Stvimpe »

:-D

Topic author
Duke90

Post by Duke90 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Duke90 wrote:Hi all, I am a brand spankin' new member. I have been an Elvis fan since I was born, (now in my late 20's). I have been to Graceland 5 times and can't wait to go back. I have almost every FTD release, besides those I just had to pass on (*cough*, 'Too much Monkey Business'). I have a huge collection of LP's that i inherited from my father and I have still been adding to it.

Thank you, kind sir! Besides Elvis, I also collect and love The Grateful Dead.

While I waited a week to be confirmed to join, I have enjoyed many of your posts, very informative!

drjohncarpenter

Duke90 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

While I waited a week to be confirmed to join, I have enjoyed many of your posts, very informative!
Thank you. You know Presley drummer Ron Tutt played with the Jerry Garcia Band, yeah? And that Donna Godchaux sings backing on Elvis' #1 hit, "Suspicious Minds"?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Duke90

Post by Duke90 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Duke90 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thank you. You know Presley drummer Ron Tutt played with the Jerry Garcia Band, yeah? And that Donna Godchaux sings backing on Elvis' #1 hit, "Suspicious Minds"?
I did know of Ron Tutt playing with them. There is a fantastic live CD titled "Let it Rock" with him playing with Garcia and it is just superb!

Was not aware of Donna singing on that! Very cool. I'm going to have to listen to it again now. Haha Thanks!

drjohncarpenter

Duke90 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you. You know Presley drummer Ron Tutt played with the Jerry Garcia Band, yeah? And that Donna Godchaux sings backing on Elvis' #1 hit, "Suspicious Minds"?
I did know of Ron Tutt playing with them. There is a fantastic live CD titled "Let it Rock" with him playing with Garcia and it is just superb!

Was not aware of Donna singing on that! Very cool. I'm going to have to listen to it again now. Haha Thanks!
Read more about Donna's time with Elvis in 1969, and Ron's work with Jerry in 1975-1977, on this topic:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79505

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Duke90

Post by Duke90 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Duke90 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you. You know Presley drummer Ron Tutt played with the Jerry Garcia Band, yeah? And that Donna Godchaux sings backing on Elvis' #1 hit, "Suspicious Minds"?

Read more about Donna's time with Elvis in 1969, and Ron's work with Jerry in 1975-1977, on this topic:

Wow, thanks! I have seen that picture before of Elvis in the studio with them, but never knew that was her. Very cool.

drjohncarpenter

Duke90 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Duke90 wrote:

Wow, thanks! I have seen that picture before of Elvis in the studio with them, but never knew that was her. Very cool.
Yup. FECC has TONS of topics like this.

If you dig Elvis and want to learn more about his life and career than even what's in the finest histories, you'll find it here.

::rocks

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

jurasic1968

Post by jurasic1968 »

Welcome here, Duke. And once again, The Doc proved to us how great expert he is, not only in Elvis but in many other singers and other topics as well.

keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Welcome aboard,A Touch Of Grey was a fine tune

-instagram kenh1964

Winston

Post by Winston »

Hello and welcome!

Topic author
Duke90

Post by Duke90 »

keninlincs wrote:Welcome aboard,A Touch Of Grey was a fine tune

Indeed it was, I love the music video!

Thanks to you and everyone else for welcoming me!

keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Duke90 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Welcome aboard,A Touch Of Grey was a fine tune

Indeed it was, I love the music video!

Thanks to you and everyone else for welcoming me!
Yes it was a superb video

-instagram kenh1964

Topic author
lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

Welcome to the Board. Glad to have you with us. ENJOY YOUR STAY!

Elvisly,

Linda

elvislady1964

Post by elvislady1964 »

Welcome to the forum.... :D

Welcome To My World!
https://www.youtube.com/user/elvislady
Do Something Worth Remembering...... Elvis Presley

Thank You
Jeanette

Robert

Post by Robert »

That was a short stay.

Rob
GodFather of FECC

Post by Rob »

Now that's funny right there. I don't care what anyone says, that right there is funny.

If you don't think that's funny, you need to get the hell out of here like Duke did.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

drjohncarpenter

Rob wrote:Now that's funny right there. I don't care what anyone says, that right there is funny.

If you don't think that's funny, you need to get the hell out of here like Duke did.
Duke90 clearly had enough of you. :D

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Rob
GodFather of FECC

Post by Rob »

Just do the best you can, Duke.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.