Chat talk and light discussion

Re: Albert Goldman gets slated

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:Goldman was a wicked and cruel person who made a living by writing dirt on celebrities who were not alive to defend themselves.
Firstly, it was Lenny Bruce. Then the infamous book about Elvis.

In the early 80's, he did an article on Bruce Lee.

Then he tried to destroy the reputation of John Lennon with the book he wrote about him but by then, most people sussed out Goldman for the person he was.
At the time of Goldman's death in 1994 of heart failure ( i didn't even know he had a heart) on a plane trip to London.
He was working on a book about Jim Morrison.
Im not sure if any Author has written a book about Goldman's life, maybe no Author wants to bring themselves down to his level. which is the gutter.

Your post is really as judgemental as Goldman's books. Do we know he was "wicked and cruel?" I mean, really?

We don't need to smash a hammer onto our hands to find out if its gonna hurt.

His books, and the way he has written them to degrade dead people, tell me he was a wicked and cruel man.

How many have you read?

I haven't read any from cover to cover but then i don't need to for me to know that im not gonna enjoy Goldman's books.

But earlier, you wrote:

His books, and the way he has written them to degrade dead people, tell me he was a wicked and cruel man

So, you can tell this even though you haven't read them?

It's ridiculous how people can make huge assumptions on people and their work just through what others have said about them. And, I have to say, pathetic. If you're going to make judgements on people's work then you have to have read it first. It's common sense.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:Goldman was a wicked and cruel person who made a living by writing dirt on celebrities who were not alive to defend themselves.

Then he tried to destroy the reputation of John Lennon with the book he wrote about him but by then, most people sussed out Goldman for the person he was.
At the time of Goldman's death in 1994 of heart failure ( i didn't even know he had a heart) on a plane trip to London.
Im not sure if any Author has written a book about Goldman's life, maybe no Author wants to bring themselves down to his level. which is the gutter.

Your post is really as judgemental as Goldman's books. Do we know he was "wicked and cruel?" I mean, really?

His books, and the way he has written them to degrade dead people, tell me he was a wicked and cruel man.

How many have you read?

I haven't read any from cover to cover but then i don't need to for me to know that im not gonna enjoy Goldman's books.

But earlier, you wrote:

His books, and the way he has written them to degrade dead people, tell me he was a wicked and cruel man

It's ridiculous how people can make huge assumptions on people and their work just through what others have said about them. And, I have to say, pathetic. If you're going to make judgements on people's work then you have to have read it first. It's common sense.

I never said i didn't read them. I said i didn't read them cover to cover, please keep up. :roll:

Back in the 80's a friend had a copy of the Goldman book and i borrowed it and started reading it and i could tell this was written with hate for Elvis so i stopped reading it.
Since then i have read several reviews of the book and about the Author with hardly any of them being positive and most of them having the same opinion i have about Goldman and his book about Elvis.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

How many have you read?

But earlier, you wrote:

I never said i didn't read them. I said i didn't read them cover to cover, please keep up. :roll:

Back in the 80's a friend had a copy of the Goldman book and i borrowed it and started reading it and i could tell this was written with hate for Elvis so i stopped reading it.
Since then i have read several reviews of the book and about the Author with hardly any of them being positive and most of them having the same opinion i have about Goldman and his book about Elvis.

But you've read none of his other books, it seems. And yet earlier, you refer to "his books." How can you judge them if you haven't read them?

Taking the word of reviewers is not the same as making up your own mind about something - unless that mind is closed to start with.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:18 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

How many have you read?

But earlier, you wrote:

But you've read none of his other books, it seems. And yet earlier, you refer to "his books." How can you judge them if you haven't read them?

Taking the word of reviewers is not the same as making up your own mind about something - unless that mind is closed to start with.

I seem to recall a friend of mine who read the Lennon book and i did flick through it and her opinion after reading it was the same as mine from the Elvis book, with so many bad reviews of Goldman, and the reputation he has got, its not rocket science to get an understanding of what kind of person he was.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:01 am

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

How many have you read?

But earlier, you wrote:

I seem to recall a friend of mine who read the Lennon book and i did flick through it and her opinion after reading it was the same as mine from the Elvis book, with so many bad reviews of Goldman, and the reputation he has got, its not rocket science to get an understanding of what kind of person he was.

You flicked through a book, and part-read another one. You must be quite the expert.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:06 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

How many have you read?

But earlier, you wrote:

You flicked through a book, and part-read another one. You must be quite the expert.

Thank you, Sweetie. :smt058