Chat talk and light discussion

Re: For those interested, TCB World

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Things seem to be slowly coming together! There is now this message (from this morning) when one visits the TCB-World website:

dear TCB-world members and visitors,

We are currently upgrading our forum software, which should take about an hour. Hope to see you back soon. You can also check Twitter for updates: http://twitter.com/#!/tcbworldcom

Time posted:

3:30 AM PST (USA West Coast)

6:30 AM EST (USA East Coast)

12:30 PM CEST (Europe)

Team TCB

And the time at the bottom of the page is this: All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks for the INFO Tony.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:24 pm

elvisa wrote:Thanks for the INFO Tony.

You're welcome, but, as of this morning they are still offline so I probably shouldn't have posted until I knew for sure about them being back online.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Here is the latest (just a few minutes ago) news from Albert about TCB-World. It WILL be back online VERY soon, he promises - hopefully, by this Christmas:

Before moving to a new server, our site was hacked by a Syrian group. So now the site is finally working on the new server. But I have to manually remove and fix everything that has been altered/damaged by this hack.

I'm working hard on it in my free time, but due to the huge database, it takes much time. I have to be careful, not risking losing precious data.

I'm confident that we're online before Christmas. Please spread the word my friend.

I'm so sorry for all these combined unfortunate series of events.

He's correct in saying that the database is huge - there are thousands and thousands of images in the picture gallery alone.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks Tony. Just keep us posted!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Jove wrote:Thanks Tony. Just keep us posted!

I promise to do my best to update whenever I hear something.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Jove wrote:Thanks Tony. Just keep us posted!

Ditto. I always liked that site and what it had to offer.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:17 pm

MAJOR UPDATE & GREAT NEWS:

TCB-WORLD IS BACK ONLINE AS OF RIGHT NOW!!!!

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 am

Great news Tony....Thank you. :smt023

Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:30 am

But cannot log in to the Picture Galleries.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Jove wrote:But cannot log in to the Picture Galleries.

The picture gallery still seems to be down. as far as "logging into" the picture gallery, a forum member doesn't have to log-in again to see them.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:06 pm

........and its back down again :roll: :roll:

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:44 pm

debtd1 wrote:........and its back down again :roll: :roll:

Deb,

It's been down for several days. At the time that Albert brought the site back online, there were still SEVERAL issues to attend to - one being the picture galleries and just the board itself. Maybe Albert took it down again until it's running smoother. I'll check and see what I find out.....

Take Care,
Tony

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 pm

It was acting extremely odd when it came back...posts appeared 'there', but then 'not there' on the homepage

hope you get some answers, would be better if Albert let someone else take over the running of the site

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:44 pm

debtd1 wrote:It was acting extremely odd when it came back...posts appeared 'there', but then 'not there' on the homepage

hope you get some answers, would be better if Albert let someone else take over the running of the site

Co-sign.

We're about to be banned. :D