Chat talk and light discussion

Windows media player question

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:13 pm

when I watch something in WMP, and I go and do something else on the computer, while WMP is still running, and then go back to WMP it looks like this
Image1.jpg

or this
Image2.jpg

and if I stay in the player, it gets normal after a while

does anyone know why it does this, and what I can do about it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Windows media player question

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:25 am

Do you have an older PC?
It may be the processor can not handle both WMP and whatever else you are doing on the PC.
Or too little "work" memory to process both at the same time.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:30 pm

I recently got my PC re-build, with new "internals", and it's since then the problem occurred. new motherboard, processor, RAM...the only thing I didn't get replaced was the graphic card

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:I recently got my PC re-build, with new "internals", and it's since then the problem occurred. new motherboard, processor, RAM...the only thing I didn't get replaced was the graphic card

Then most likely it could well be the graphic card can not process what the (faster?) processor does and you will have to upgrade the graphic card too.
But better ask first at the place you got the renewal done!
Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new PC than have internals renewed.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:34 pm

for me it was cheaper to get new internals...it cost my nowhere near as much as a new PC would...I just had to buy them, then my brother rebuild it...I need to ask him then. thanks for your help :smt006