Chat talk and light discussion

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
freddyjay
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by freddyjay »

Hello gang, I've been attemping to get myself some what fimiliar with this board, since I'm a newbie to your forum. Read all the do's and don't's. I think I've got a handle on it all, if I goof along the way,please speak up, :lol:

Anyway I'm a guitar playing /songwriter, who grew up in Meridian,Ms and had the previledge of seeing Elvis,Scotty and Bill at my highschool. It was 1958 and soon after that E.S.B. begain to get the attentuon of all of us teens, not all but most.

What brought me to this board was a link about Mark James, that happen to pop up while I was googling. In short I know Mark personally, Scotty, is a friend, James Burton is a friend, Joe Moscheo of the Imperials, and Jack Cowboy Clements.
So I'm full of a lot B.S., it comes with the territory after spending 30 plus years in the music business.

BTW, I'm listening to Presley as I write, a tape I recorded on 1/4 track, the day Elvis died. I took off from work and spent the entire day recording the stations reports and music., This forum made me remember it, so I dug it out, thanks gang, Wow how many songs did he record??????????

Oh and let me say before I'm ask, no I never met Elvis, Red invited me to Graceland, but I was busy and could'nt go. Looking back on that moment and still kicking my own A....S

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Mood:

Re: New Member

Post by keninlincs »

Welcome to FECC Freddy

-instagram kenh1964

Topic author
freddyjay

Post by freddyjay »

keninlincs wrote:Welcome to FECC Freddy
Thankyou :smt006

Elvisgirl
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Elvisgirl »

welcome

elvisa
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by elvisa »

freddyjay wrote:Wow how many songs did he record??????????
Welcome Freddy......you just landed on the forum on the man who recorded 800+ songs.....so there is a lot to learn about. Hope you`ll enjoy your stay :smt006

" Elvis music is how feelings sound like "

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by rjm »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here. A real treasure-trove. I find that the picture section will hook you so hard, you'll never be able to leave! (Check out Davide's photo essays. They are truly miraculous.) And there's so much else.

It's like a big noisy boarding house in here, but once you're a regular, you'll never want to leave!

About those recordings from the day he died, any chance you can upload 'em to YouTube at some point? I sure would like to hear again some of what I heard that day/night. (It won't be the same stations, of course; I was in Atlanta, but still, I would like to listen.) I didn't find out 'till after dark, but then - after that, I had the radio and two TVs going at the same time, and when the TV finally cut off, the radio was still going. 'till around 4 AM or so, maybe later. And no way to tape anything.

So whatever you could make available would be so much appreciated.

rjm
::rocks

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

Topic author
freddyjay

Post by freddyjay »

Well rjm I was wondering about the rights to the program. It was Y95 in Fort Lauderdale,Fl where I was living at the time. I am fimilar with copyright laws, but not with recording a live radio stations program and reusing it. Maybe somebody on the board does.
In the mean time I will try and find out more info myself. This is two reels of tape, and one day I have to tranfer to CD for fear the tapes will evenually start to fail. I've heard all the stories about baking them, etc, but I'm not there yet. Again I just found them as I mentioned.
BTW, thanks for the welcome. I look forward to learning more about Elvis, since a few of my old friends played with him or either knew him. I was not a big Elvis fan, but in later years I have become a big fan.

::rocks