Chat talk and light discussion

E-Bay Newbie Sell Question! HELP! PLEASE!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 am

As you may know, I "sold" the Kindle Touch. Now it says to "contact" them because payment has not been received, but I can't do that for four days, according to policy.

This next is important! Please advise!!!

He has not paid. And he sent a message asking for my "paypal e-mail address." Which I gave him, because that is Paypal verification . . .

DID I SCREW UP???!!!!

HELP ME!!!!

rjm (the mailing address is in Africa, not England, and it's not "David," it's "Kelvin" . . . this is strange - do you think? Am I screwed?)
P.S. -- I think I am a dumba$$!!!!!

--------------
It JUST SOLD! 100 bucks for my school! (Now, the guy wanted my verification e-mail for paypay, which I gave him. And then he has to give me his address, and I fill out the form for the label. And ask at the post office to be sure.)

So, it's more imperative, now! How do I know he's got it, when he's got it?!

Re: E-Bay Newbie Sell Question! HELP! PLEASE!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:35 am

1.) Why did he ask my e-mail address?

2.) Why do I have to wait four days to ask Ebay to look into this? He chose "buy it now." He apparently has not done this! And they closed it out. And charged me for the extras involving it. Damn.

Did I get taken????!!!!!!!!

rjm

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 am

The buyer needs your paypal email address in order to pay by paypal. If it was 'buy it now' then the paypal payment should have been confirmed to you before you shipped the goods. I can understand the 4 days from Ebay's perspective as these things usually take a couple of days. If going through paypal you should wait until the payment is accepted before shipping any goods (unless you know and trust the buyer). You didn't ship before payment was confirmed did you?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 am

Delboy wrote:The buyer needs your paypal email address in order to pay by paypal. If it was 'buy it now' then the paypal payment should have been confirmed to you before you shipped the goods. I can understand the 4 days from Ebay's perspective as these things usually take a couple of days. If going through paypal you should wait until the payment is accepted before shipping any goods (unless you know and trust the buyer). You didn't ship before payment was confirmed did you?

No! I didn't ship - they warn you about that. When paypal goes through (IF it goes through), there's a special mailing label - with barcodes, and so on. Seems like a nice deal, because I lost out on that one: my first Kindle died in FL, and they were supposed to reimburse, but the original gift-giver got his Amazon account hosed, and so there was no reimbursement. So, some will come back! (And for a worthy cause, too!)

What concerns me is that the buyer has no history and joined today. Did he get thrown off? And then popped back on? Ah, well, gotta wait the days and see, because I chose a "buy it now" option - only an option, but he took it, so they closed it out. "Sold." Seemed easy, but there was no money.

I feel a little better now, though! Thanks! :smt006

rjm

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 am

Wait for the Paypal message that the item+postage has been paid for.
If you get no payment, file a claim with eBay about non-payment.
They will look into it and eventually refund their commissionfee and you can relist your item.
And exclude shipping to Africa! Nigeria, Somalia, et cetera are known to be fraud-buyers who do not pay.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm

All the emails I got this morning were fake. I checked with ebay over the phone. I have not been paid.

It was fake! The only link back to paypal was a dead link.

I will have to relist. Shipping overseas is crazy anyway, with electronics (they asked to remove the battery, which is not possible).

THIS A TOTAL SCAM!!!

Look at this (I found it by googling the fake "PayPal" address, which leads to links about "Pay Pal Scams"!!!!

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewto ... 10992&f=26

rjm

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 pm

rjm wrote:All the emails I got this morning were fake. I checked with ebay over the phone. I have not been paid.

I will have to relist. Shipping overseas is crazy anyway, with electronics (they asked to remove the battery, which is not possible).

rjm

Re-list USA only. Also suggest lower starting bid... $100 too high and double check your $5.10 Expedited Shipping fee... seems low...

BUNDLE! Near Mint Amazon KINDLE TOUCH 4GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (Unlocked), 6in - Silver
NEAR-MINT - BUNDLE! W/Light, Case, SealedEarbuds, USB
Sold for:US $100.00 [ 1 bid ]
$5.10 Expedited Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUNDLE-Near-Min ... 7675.l2557

Check out...

Amazon Kindle Touch 4GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (Unlocked), 6in - Silver
PERFECT CONDITION, ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING
Current bid:US $50.00
$12.75 Expedited Shipping

Only used a couple times, perfect condition out of the box, all original packaging, includes lighted leather cover and extra power cord.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindle-T ... 4849528%26

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:35 am

rjm wrote:P.S. -- I think I am a dumba$$!!!!!

:smt003 nooo dumba$$ w/out the dollar signs ..

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 am

EPA4368 wrote:
rjm wrote:All the emails I got this morning were fake. I checked with ebay over the phone. I have not been paid.

rjm

Re-list USA only. Also suggest lower starting bid... $100 too high and double check your $5.10 Expedited Shipping fee... seems low...

BUNDLE! Near Mint Amazon KINDLE TOUCH 4GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (Unlocked), 6in - Silver
NEAR-MINT - BUNDLE! W/Light, Case, SealedEarbuds, USB
Sold for:US $100.00 [ 1 bid ]
$5.10 Expedited Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUNDLE-Near-Min ... 7675.l2557

Check out...

<snip of "competition" :mrgreen: >

It said the "average" bid was $89.00 yesterday. And you have to list a "buy now" price higher than that. I would have waited out the 7 days, and see how it went, but this guy hit "buy now." And he has not done so, and with that phony address, he will not do so.

Anyway, if this helps anyone on Ebay, it will be of some help. I haven't sold any of my collection, and have no plans to do so, but I know a lot of people here buy and sell all the time. I tried to buy there, but it would always say "you did not win." I didn't "win" this time either!

You live and learn.

rjm (yes, I saw Francesc's comment . . . ha, ha, ha.)
P.S. -- And "the competition" doesn't appear to give you brand new earbuds, nor provide this enticing, seductive blurb! (And my photos are so bright and happy-looking!)

Previously Owned, gently cared-for near-mint Kindle Touch (3G/WiFi), BUNDLED! With PADDED NEVER-TOUCHED CARRYING CASE, SEALED EARBUDS (NEVER USED OR OPENED), USB Cord, and Clip-LIGHT! The light comes in its own holder. All wrapped up with care, and sent right to you! You choose shipping options.

This Kindle has AUDIO! And the earbuds with which to enjoy it! Fill it with your favorite MP3s, or let your Kindle READ TO YOU!

Enjoy your reading for years to come!