No votes
Yes. I'm on an IPhone.
No votes
No. I'm on an IPhone.
No votes
No! I still use LYNX!
14%

Total votes : 7

Dropbox vs. Photobucket: Can you see this picture?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:19 am

I have Dropbox, and it's supposed to work where anyone can see your "public" photos. They even disabled the "public" folder, because you're supposed to be able to just right-click to make it available. but you can recreate the public folder, which I did. I signed out yesterday, and saw my new sig file picture. Then, at night, on an XP computer without Dropbox at all, I saw nothing. Just a broken image link.

Now, the "url" link will work, but I need the "img" link to work! It did on my new computer, which is 64bit Win7.

Tell me what you see, if anything. Otherwise I go to PhotoBucket.

In your post, please say whether your computer has Dropbox or not. If not, I go to Photobucket to share images.

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dropbox vs. Photobucket: Can you see this picture?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Robin, yes I see the pic and I`m on a XP without Dropbox I think. Not sure what Dropbox is :?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:11 am

elvisa wrote:Hi Robin, yes I see the pic and I`m on a XP without Dropbox I think. Not sure what Dropbox is :?

Thanks, elvisa! (I don't know what went wrong . . .) I would like to see if anyone else has a problem, before putting it in my signature.

It's a file transfer, and cloud service. Free, mostly. I now have 3.75 MBs. (They give you bonus points for various things.) I haven't used a USB transfer since I got it, except for my IPod classic.

But I thought it would be a good way to embed, but last night, on the old XP (SP3) Dell, there was a broken image link in every place I put one of 'em.

I did create the "shared" folder, so maybe that's better.

rjm

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:50 am

Yes, Mac with Dropbox.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:20 am

Windows 7 and I can see the photo.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:40 am

Thank you all! Actually, I'm back up here on the XP Dell, and I see it! (I just changed the "test" picture, because those eyes . . . well, one's enough. The new one is a Walker Evans subway pic, that he took with a hidden camera, behind his coat button. Really cool!)

Something went wrong last night, but it seems ok. I also recreated (enabled, whatever they call it) the "public" folder, and that looks like it works great!

So I can fix my sig file!

Thanks again! :smt006

rjm ::rocks

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 am

Did anyone get the "Lynx" joke? I mean, at this point, it is. Google it.

rjm