Chat talk and light discussion

Hello, new member here.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi, everyone.

I've been an Elvis fan since about 1973 (when I was 3). My dad played me his old RCA 45's, which I still have (although I'm going to need to collect the picture sleeves as he threw them out).

My dad passed away when I was 39, and I started revisiting his favorite music. I hadn't listened to Elvis in years, and when I started hearing him again, I quickly became a fanatic. I just got back from my first visit to Graceland.

I'll just say up front that my favorite member of the Memphis Mafia is Larry Geller, and that I share Elvis's spiritual interests. I read in the guidelines that discussions of a religious nature may be deleted (and I know that not everyone likes or agrees with the "new age" Elvis), so I'll leave it at that. I'm not a freak, conspiracy theorist, or illuminati nut.

Hope to get to know some people here.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 am

Should I go ahead and post my resignation on the "I'm Leavin'" thread?

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:41 am

Hound Dawg wrote:Hi, everyone.

I've been an Elvis fan since about 1973 (when I was 3). My dad played me his old RCA 45's, which I still have (although I'm going to need to collect the picture sleeves as he threw them out).

My dad passed away when I was 39, and I started revisiting his favorite music. I hadn't listened to Elvis in years, and when I started hearing him again, I quickly became a fanatic. I just got back from my first visit to Graceland.

I'll just say up front that my favorite member of the Memphis Mafia is Larry Geller, and that I share Elvis's spiritual interests. I read in the guidelines that discussions of a religious nature may be deleted (and I know that not everyone likes or agrees with the "new age" Elvis), so I'll leave it at that. I'm not a freak, conspiracy theorist, or illuminati nut.

Hope to get to know some people here.


Welcome. Love your avatar.

This is THE place to visit for anyone who cares about the man and his music. Although Larry Geller is not my favorite member of the "Memphis Mafia," I do appreciate many of the good things he brought to Elvis' life starting in 1964. In fact, I've never really ranked them, save those who I respect least.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am

Hound Dawg wrote:Hi, everyone.

I've been an Elvis fan since about 1973 (when I was 3). My dad played me his old RCA 45's, which I still have (although I'm going to need to collect the picture sleeves as he threw them out).

My dad passed away when I was 39, and I started revisiting his favorite music. I hadn't listened to Elvis in years, and when I started hearing him again, I quickly became a fanatic. I just got back from my first visit to Graceland.

I'll just say up front that my favorite member of the Memphis Mafia is Larry Geller, and that I share Elvis's spiritual interests. I read in the guidelines that discussions of a religious nature may be deleted (and I know that not everyone likes or agrees with the "new age" Elvis), so I'll leave it at that. I'm not a freak, conspiracy theorist, or illuminati nut.

Hope to get to know some people here.


Hound Dawg wrote:Should I go ahead and post my resignation on the "I'm Leavin'" thread?


Welcome. Love your avatar.

This is THE place to visit for anyone who cares about the man and his music. Although Larry Geller is not my favorite member of the "Memphis Mafia," I do appreciate many of the good things he brought to Elvis' life starting in 1964. In fact, I've never really ranked them, save those who I respect least.

One final word: be patient with the membership here. Sometimes things are lively, and sometimes they are not. It's the nature of most forums.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am

Thanks. I haven't actually ranked them. Although if I did, Jerry Schilling would probably be # 2.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

One final word: be patient with the membership here. Sometimes things are lively, and sometimes they are not. It's the nature of most forums.


Thanks!

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:10 am

Welcome to the forum

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 am

Welcome to FECC.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:16 am

Hound Dawg wrote:Hi, everyone.

Hi buddy.

Hound Dawg wrote:I'm not a freak, conspiracy theorist.........

You're safe for now, they usually come out of the woodwork around November time.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 am

Welcome to the forum. You'll learn a lot about the man and his music here, as I certainly have.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 am

Welcome to FECC. One of the two best sides about Elvis.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:45 am

Welcome on board, hope you enjoy your time here.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks, everybody. I've been aware of the site for a while, but never got around to making an account.