Chat talk and light discussion

Another Health Problem For Me....:(

Mon May 26, 2014 5:05 pm

As if having CP/Hydrocephalus & a bad back weren't enough.....

For the last week, my oxygen levels have been running really low - like in the mid-80s to mid-90s and I've been having headaches as well but, when I had the VP shunt in my head checked a few months ago, everything was fine. I hope the headaches aren't related to the low oxygen levels - but it's a pretty fair guess they probably are.

HOWEVER, to find out for SURE, Mom's gonna call my doctor in the morning to see what we should do.

Dad has COPD from smoking (he's smoked since he was around 13 - he's now 57. I wish to God he would stop...:( ) and Mom has just been diagnosed with COPD (Asthma, bronchitis). I'm scared I'm next. I don't want to have to live out the rest of my life (yeah, I know - I'm only thirty eight) having to use oxygen.....

Good thoughts and prayers are appreciated....

Re: Another Health Problem For Me....:(

Mon May 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Tony Trout wrote:As if having CP/Hydrocephalus & a bad back weren't enough.....

For the last week, my oxygen levels have been running really low - like in the mid-80s to mid-90s and I've been having headaches as well but, when I had the VP shunt in my head checked a few months ago, everything was fine. I hope the headaches aren't related to the low oxygen levels - but it's a pretty fair guess they probably are.

HOWEVER, to find out for SURE, Mom's gonna call my doctor in the morning to see what we should do.

Dad has COPD from smoking (he's smoked since he was around 13 - he's now 57. I wish to God he would stop...:( ) and Mom has just been diagnosed with COPD (Asthma, bronchitis). I'm scared I'm next. I don't want to have to live out the rest of my life (yeah, I know - I'm only thirty eight) having to use oxygen.....

I assume you are not a smoker?

Good thoughts and prayers are always sent in your direction.

Hang in there, my friend!

Wed May 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Tony Trout wrote:As if having CP/Hydrocephalus & a bad back weren't enough.....

drjohncarpenter wrote:I assume you are not a smoker?

Good thoughts and prayers are always sent in your direction.

Hang in there, my friend!

DJC, no, I've never smoked but, I've been around it most of my life. I had uncles who smoked (but they've quit now). Thanks for the prayers, buddy!!

UPDATE! Re: Another Health Problem For Me....:(

Fri May 30, 2014 12:17 am

UPDATE:

I went to Urgent Care this morning around 9:00 a.m. to see if they would check me out (Urgent Care is a bit better than the E.R. in the fact that they're quicker on the draw at getting to you to see you as a patient) and, other than being WAY over my normal weight (I weighed 178 this morning.....the most I've ever weighed at any given time), the only thing they could see would be the problem was not much exercise OR it could actually be the VP shunt that is in my head that could be causing this problem. I pray that it's not that. I don't want to have to go through any type of exploratory surgery to find out unless it's absolutely necessary.

If the oxygen drops any during the night (which it will...it always does), I will have to go to the Emergency Room to get checked out because my primary physician in on vacation until June 4th - and he never left any word that he was going on vacation and the doctor that is taking his patients doesn't have a very friendly bedside manner. :( :x :roll:

Keep the good thoughts and prayers coming. This is all a bit scary for me....

Fri May 30, 2014 9:41 am

Hey Tony, it all sounds a bit complicated but I hope you find comfort knowing very knowledgable people are taking care of you..

Of course, the very best wishes from Holland!

Take care, Robert

Fri May 30, 2014 10:52 am

You have all my prayers, Tony.

Hugs.
Robin

Sent via mobile

Fri May 30, 2014 10:55 am

Best wishes Tony

mobile reply

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks, everybody.

I have found out what's been causing me problems - fluid retention! My Mom talked to the Pharmacist at the drug store and told him what's going on and he asked if I was already taking any type of fluid medication such as Lyrica or Lasix and how much. It turns out that the very small dosage that I'm taking isn't/wasn't getting rid of the fluid buildup so I'm on a lot stronger dose and it has helped tremendously. It was even beginning to rob me of one of my favorite things to do - sing! I couldn't hit certain notes that, in the past, I'd had no problem with but...I finally can sing again!!

All in all, I'm thrilled that it wasn't worse and that the problem was treatable and I thank all you guys and girls for you good thoughts and prayers/well-wishes.

::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles Tony, but glad to know you are better now. :smt023

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:34 am

Hang in there TT!!! :smt023

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:17 am

Mr. Trout, you'll get better soon. Just stay positive. Good things happen with positive thinking. :smt002

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:46 pm

My thought and prayers are for you, Tony.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:12 am

Tony Trout wrote:Thanks, everybody.

I have found out what's been causing me problems - fluid retention! My Mom talked to the Pharmacist at the drug store and told him what's going on and he asked if I was already taking any type of fluid medication such as Lyrica or Lasix and how much. It turns out that the very small dosage that I'm taking isn't/wasn't getting rid of the fluid buildup so I'm on a lot stronger dose and it has helped tremendously. It was even beginning to rob me of one of my favorite things to do - sing! I couldn't hit certain notes that, in the past, I'd had no problem with but...I finally can sing again!!

All in all, I'm thrilled that it wasn't worse and that the problem was treatable and I thank all you guys and girls for you good thoughts and prayers/well-wishes.

::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

Great to hear!
Good luck getting back on track..

Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:15 am

Good to hear!

rjm

Sent via mobile