Chat talk and light discussion

Hello, new member here.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi, everyone.

I've been an Elvis fan since about 1973 (when I was 3). My dad played me his old RCA 45's, which I still have (although I'm going to need to collect the picture sleeves as he threw them out).

My dad passed away when I was 39, and I started revisiting his favorite music. I hadn't listened to Elvis in years, and when I started hearing him again, I quickly became a fanatic. I just got back from my first visit to Graceland.

I'll just say up front that my favorite member of the Memphis Mafia is Larry Geller, and that I share Elvis's spiritual interests. I read in the guidelines that discussions of a religious nature may be deleted (and I know that not everyone likes or agrees with the "new age" Elvis), so I'll leave it at that. I'm not a freak, conspiracy theorist, or illuminati nut.

Hope to get to know some people here.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 am

Should I go ahead and post my resignation on the "I'm Leavin'" thread?

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:41 am

Hound Dawg wrote:Hi, everyone.

I've been an Elvis fan since about 1973 (when I was 3). My dad played me his old RCA 45's, which I still have (although I'm going to need to collect the picture sleeves as he threw them out).

My dad passed away when I was 39, and I started revisiting his favorite music. I hadn't listened to Elvis in years, and when I started hearing him again, I quickly became a fanatic. I just got back from my first visit to Graceland.

I'll just say up front that my favorite member of the Memphis Mafia is Larry Geller, and that I share Elvis's spiritual interests. I read in the guidelines that discussions of a religious nature may be deleted (and I know that not everyone likes or agrees with the "new age" Elvis), so I'll leave it at that. I'm not a freak, conspiracy theorist, or illuminati nut.

Hope to get to know some people here.


Welcome. Love your avatar.

This is THE place to visit for anyone who cares about the man and his music. Although Larry Geller is not my favorite member of the "Memphis Mafia," I do appreciate many of the good things he brought to Elvis' life starting in 1964. In fact, I've never really ranked them, save those who I respect least.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am

Hound Dawg wrote:Should I go ahead and post my resignation on the "I'm Leavin'" thread?


Be patient with the membership here. Sometimes things are lively, and sometimes they are not. It's the nature of most forums.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am

Thanks. I haven't actually ranked them. Although if I did, Jerry Schilling would probably be # 2.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

One final word: be patient with the membership here. Sometimes things are lively, and sometimes they are not. It's the nature of most forums.


Thanks!

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:10 am

Welcome to the forum

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 am

Welcome to FECC.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:16 am

Hound Dawg wrote:Hi, everyone.

Hi buddy.

Hound Dawg wrote:I'm not a freak, conspiracy theorist.........

You're safe for now, they usually come out of the woodwork around November time.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 am

Welcome to the forum. You'll learn a lot about the man and his music here, as I certainly have.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 am

Welcome to FECC. One of the two best sides about Elvis.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:45 am

Welcome on board, hope you enjoy your time here.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks, everybody. I've been aware of the site for a while, but never got around to making an account.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:45 am

My favorite member of the Memphis Mafia would have to be the late Lamar Fike . He was probably the most real friend Elvis had. There wasn't nothing Fake about Lamar, as he once said "The same way you see me coming, you'll see me going"

Welcome to the forum!

Re: Hello, new member here.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:14 am

Welcome

Re: Hello, new member here.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Welcome ::rocks

Re: Hello, new member here.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Welcome aboard, Hound Dawg.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello everybody!

I am new, too. Just got my account activated! :D Seems like I will have a bunch of reading ahead of me with so many threads and posts and what not. But I am definitely looking forward to it and to getting to know the people on here! 8)
Last edited by Katy on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:57 am

Welcome!

I hope you like it here. :)


::rocks

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:01 am

Welccome Hound Dawg and Katy!

I've been a member since mid 2012, but really active since a month or so. It comes and goes like waves. This is a nice place to learn and share! Hope you gonna like it here...

::rocks

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Thank you very much! ::rocks

Re: Hello, new member here.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Katy wrote:Hello everybody!

I am new, too. Just got my account activated! :D Seems like I will have a bunch of reading ahead of me with so many threads and posts and what not. But I am definitely looking forward to it and to getting to know the people on here! 8)


Hi and welcome. Looks like you and member Mitch have something in common. ;-)

Re: Hello, new member here.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Thank you! :smt006

Yeah, at first I thought I had accidentally posted twice when I saw the avatar :mrgreen:

Re: Hello, new member here.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:12 pm

A welcome to the forum present. It's huuuuge...

Image

Re: Hello, new member here.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Ooooo la la! Thank you very mucho! *purrs like a kitten* :oops: :smt055 mmmhhhhh.... :wink: