Chat talk and light discussion

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
emshicks321
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

CAN WE PLEASE GET AN AUDIO SUBFORUM?

Post by emshicks321 »

Greetings,
I always find myself wanting to audio clips with the forum, but don't want to feel guilty every time I post it to 'All Elvis'. I post audio on this subforum because I see it being the only appropriate place to post.

I think 'All Elvis' should be reserved for more important discussion topics and news, so i don't want to plague it with audio clips I'd like to share. This does not mean I'd want a 'subforum' of links to file sharing sites with official/unofficial material, but more so rare songs, obscure vinyl released versions of songs, remastered songs, etc.

For Example:
"These are my remastered versions of Heartbreak Hotel and Blue Suede Shoes from The Milton Berle Show, April 3rd 1956. My reasoning for doing this is because I've always disliked how the audio from the original kinescope sounds. It sounds like someone went overboard (no pun intended) on the Dolby Noise Reduction on their tape deck.

Anyways, here I've brought out the instrumentation and lead vocals with some Dynamic Processing, EQ'ed the audio to increase bass and treble, and added some reverb phased into narrow stereo in order to give it some more life.

Heartbreak Hotel: https://soundcloud.com/user-345905348/ep-berle-01
Blue Suede Shoes: https://soundcloud.com/user-345905348/ep-berle-02 "

Those are the types of things I'd like to share. I mean, I haven't been a long time member on this board (just coming up on 3 years now) ::rocks . I just cannot imagine me being the only person who has ever though of this.
I'd really appreciate some feed back. Who knows? Maybe something like this has already been considered, and just doesn't exist for a good reason.

Thank you.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Re: CAN WE PLEASE GET AN AUDIO SUBFORUM?

Post by TINML »

Great idea and super post! Thanks for sharing :)

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by dennyelvis »

Good idea, i sometimes share stuff like that too .............

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

Yeah, that would be quite interesting.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

billyblues
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by billyblues »

I'll give you a thumbs up and vote too. Nice idea.

Thank you, Blue River. Thank you, rjm. Thank you, Ken.

Topic author
emshicks321

Post by emshicks321 »

billyblues wrote:I'll give you a thumbs up and vote too. Nice idea.
Thanks! Is there some certain way to have this post get some more attention? I'd really dig another subforum for this! ::rocks

Scarre
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Scarre »

emshicks321 wrote:
billyblues wrote:I'll give you a thumbs up and vote too. Nice idea.
Thanks! Is there some certain way to have this post get some more attention? I'd really dig another subforum for this! ::rocks
Personally I'm not that interested but I do support the idea. Just contact fecc-mechanic. He knows what to do.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Nice idea, although I wonder if it's a good idea to have yet another sub section? Maybe get rid of or amalgamate some of the others first, then create a new one - for example, does anyone really know what the difference is between "Off topic" and "Chat-talk"?

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years

Post by vinelvis »

The Pirate wrote:Nice idea, although I wonder if it's a good idea to have yet another sub section? Maybe get rid of or amalgamate some of the others first, then create a new one - for example, does anyone really know what the difference is between "Off topic" and "Chat-talk"?
I was wondering the same.

Scarre
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Scarre »

The Pirate wrote:Nice idea, although I wonder if it's a good idea to have yet another sub section? Maybe get rid of or amalgamate some of the others first, then create a new one - for example, does anyone really know what the difference is between "Off topic" and "Chat-talk"?
I know, I know...if it isn't Off Topic then it's Chat-talk :D

OT is more serious...CT is, well, not so serious. It actually is a good thing that we have them both.

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

good idea

-instagram kenh1964

dennyelvis

Post by dennyelvis »

It is needed, it's somewhere to post all the samples, video clips home done remastered etc, it could get a lot of use ....

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

emshicks321 wrote:Greetings,
I always find myself wanting to audio clips with the forum, but don't want to feel guilty every time I post it to 'All Elvis'. I post audio on this subforum because I see it being the only appropriate place to post.

I think 'All Elvis' should be reserved for more important discussion topics and news, so i don't want to plague it with audio clips I'd like to share. This does not mean I'd want a 'subforum' of links to file sharing sites with official/unofficial material, but more so rare songs, obscure vinyl released versions of songs, remastered songs, etc.

For Example:
"These are my remastered versions of Heartbreak Hotel and Blue Suede Shoes from The Milton Berle Show, April 3rd 1956. My reasoning for doing this is because I've always disliked how the audio from the original kinescope sounds. It sounds like someone went overboard (no pun intended) on the Dolby Noise Reduction on their tape deck.

Anyways, here I've brought out the instrumentation and lead vocals with some Dynamic Processing, EQ'ed the audio to increase bass and treble, and added some reverb phased into narrow stereo in order to give it some more life.

Those are the types of things I'd like to share. I mean, I haven't been a long time member on this board (just coming up on 3 years now) ::rocks . I just cannot imagine me being the only person who has ever though of this.
I'd really appreciate some feed back. Who knows? Maybe something like this has already been considered, and just doesn't exist for a good reason.

Thank you.
The two posted tracks sound good,thanks

-instagram kenh1964

Steve Morse
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Steve Morse »

Great 'live' feel to these two and I love the subtle 'stereo' effect. I thought the instruments were slightly too dominant on HH.

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by promiseland »

An Audio Sub-Forum would probably open the door to legal issues with FECC regarding copyrighted material and would most likely be a headache for the moderators to keep up with what is legal to upload here and what is not. When it's scattered about the forum is a little less noticeable than having Elvis' catalogue constantly uploaded to an isolated area.
As for the safety of FECC I don't think it would be a good idea.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Scarre wrote:
I know, I know...if it isn't Off Topic then it's Chat-talk :D

OT is more serious...CT is, well, not so serious. It actually is a good thing that we have them both.
So "Have You Got A Favourite ETA" and "Doug Church In Concert", they're serious enough to go in Off Topic, while "Is This CD Rot?" goes in Chat Talk. OK, that's perfectly clear now...

The point is, there are 18 different sub sections already. Unless the most important decision to be made every day is, "Which pair of sweat pants shall I wear while I sit in front of the TV eating all my meals off a tray on my lap?" then I doubt that most folks have time to look through the headings we already have. A few less - no, a lot less - would mean that people might be able to look around a bit more and discover posts they otherwise wouldn't see. A case in point - "Elvis In The Media," last post was two months ago. But that doesn't mean that there's nothing potentially interesting in there, it just means that people don't have time to read all the various subforums. It then becomes a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy, because people look at it, they see nobody is reading it, so they assume it's not worth visiting. "Software Forum" - last post over two weeks ago, same problem.

We don't need more. We might need different, but we definitely need less.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Incidentally, this thread should really be in "Off Topic". Or should that be "Chat Talk"?

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by promiseland »

The Pirate wrote:Incidentally, this thread should really be in "Off Topic". Or should that be "Chat Talk"?
Yes as busy as the forum is these day it would make a big difference!

dennyelvis

Post by dennyelvis »

emshicks321 wrote:Greetings,

For Example:

Thank you.
Which original source did u use?

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

The bad thing about posting our stuff here is that they end up, well, everywhere!
Such is the case of elvisalisellers's edit of "Brown-Eyed Handsome Man" that was included on "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" bonus CD and my fast version of "Ain't That Loving You Baby" reconstructed from scratch was used on a STAR mini CD... and, in both cases, no credit whatsoever. :x

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

danielf

Post by danielf »

JimmyCool wrote:The bad thing about posting our stuff here is that they end up, well, everywhere!
Such is the case of elvisalisellers's edit of "Brown-Eyed Handsome Man" that was included on "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" bonus CD and my fast version of "Ain't That Loving You Baby" reconstructed from scratch was used on a STAR mini CD... and, in both cases, no credit whatsoever. :x
I can think of four people I know who no longer post what they have for just that reason, meanwhile other selfish fans complain over people keeping things to themselves and not sharing.
There is no answer.

Topic author
emshicks321

Post by emshicks321 »

dennyelvis wrote: Which original source did u use?
Caught On Camera : The Complete TV Appearances 1956-1960 : Part 1 :D

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

promiseland wrote:An Audio Sub-Forum would probably open the door to legal issues with FECC regarding copyrighted material and would most likely be a headache for the moderators to keep up with what is legal to upload here and what is not. When it's scattered about the forum is a little less noticeable than having Elvis' catalogue constantly uploaded to an isolated area.
As for the safety of FECC I don't think it would be a good idea.

A subforum linking to, for example, soundcloud would not be any more of a legal issue for FECC than a subforum linking to copyrighted material that is on youtube, which we already have. It's that common sense out of the window again...