Chat talk and light discussion

Re: Last cd you bought !!!

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:28 am

Elvis Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis - Legacy Edition :D

Next one will be "Out Among The Stars", the lost Johnny Cash album.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 am

Belinda carlisle The Anthology

phpBB [video]

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:40 am

Two new releases and a classic.

Chuck Mead-Free State Serenade.Great hillbilly honkytonk from the former Br 549 founding member.

5141B6LTh4L__SY450_.jpg

Loving this "lost" album from Johnny.Given the circumstances it's better than it had the right to be.

91ZGqKs-0lL__SL1500_.jpg

Maybe their best album.Or is it Willy and the Poor Boys or is it......never mind it's brilliant in every way.

51i9xGEcBYL__SX450_.jpg

norrie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Dave Kincaid and The Brandos RULE !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Loving this "lost" album from Johnny.Given the circumstances it's better than it had the right to be.

91ZGqKs-0lL__SL1500_.jpg

Absolutely agree. Gave it a spin a couple of times and really enjoyed it, maybe except for "If I Told You Who It Was".
But this darn thing charted at the Billboard Country Albums at #1 and even at the Top 200 albums at #3. Quite an achievement!
It's so cool Johnny is still so popular and it makes me even sadder that great singers like Marty Robbins and Conway Twitty seem to be almost forgotten. It's a little bit about handling the legacy, too.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm really enjoying Shakira's latest album. Empire and Can't Remember to Forget You are standout tracks. Medicine, which features Blake Shelton, is also very good. But this is a fine album overall.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:29 pm

greystoke wrote:I'm really enjoying Shakira's latest album. Empire and Can't Remember to Forget You are standout tracks. Medicine, which features Blake Shelton, is also very good. But this is a fine album overall.

need to check it out not heard it yet.bought paolo nutini new cd really not gettin in to it hopefully it will be a grower !!!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:50 am

I struggle a bit with Paolo. He's likeable and has a good sound, but he also seems introverted as a performer at times. As though he's too self-involved despite an audience present. At least that's how I sometimes feel when watching him perform. But he's got some infectious material on this album and the previous one. That cover looks quite Saul Bass-inspired. The cover of Frank Sinatra's 1980 album, Trilogy: Past, Present and Future, which Bass designed, springs to mind.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:20 am

greystoke wrote:I struggle a bit with Paolo. He's likeable and has a good sound, but he also seems introverted as a performer at times. As though he's too self-involved despite an audience present. At least that's how I sometimes feel when watching him perform. But he's got some infectious material on this album and the previous one. That cover looks quite Saul Bass-inspired. The cover of Frank Sinatra's 1980 album, Trilogy: Past, Present and Future, which Bass designed, springs to mind.

I like his first 2 albums but this one seems different !!!

Thu May 01, 2014 12:52 am

Paul Ansell's Number Nine!

Wed May 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Bought magic mountain by black stone cherry today !!!

phpBB [video]

Wed May 07, 2014 8:22 pm

A double dose of The Blasters!

Fri May 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Keith Urban..."'Days go By" and "Fuse"

Fri May 09, 2014 7:15 pm

debtd1 wrote:Keith Urban..."'Days go By" and "Fuse"

Days go by is a mix of the best songs from golden road and Be here so its a really good choice :smt023 Fuse is keith's best album since love pain and the whole crazy thing as both get closer and defying gravity had some great songs on them but where far from his best !!!

Fri May 09, 2014 7:25 pm

rocknroller wrote:

Days go by is a mix of the best songs from golden road and Be here so its a really good choice :smt023 Fuse is keith's best album since love pain and the whole crazy thing as both get closer and defying gravity had some great songs on them but where far from his best !!!

thanks for that.....

I got the Living Right Now dvd a couple of weeks ago, just waiting for 'Love Pain and the whole crazy thing' dvd to arrive;-)

Fri May 09, 2014 9:17 pm

debtd1 wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

thanks for that.....

I got the Living Right Now dvd a couple of weeks ago, just waiting for 'Love Pain and the whole crazy thing' dvd to arrive;-)

Love Pain and the whole crazy thing DVD is fantatic you will love it, but i have a soft spot living right now,i watch it alot and it reminds me of the 3 time's i have seen keith live in the uk a very stripped down show compared to the big show's he doe's in america !!!

Tue May 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Peter Paul & Mary's greatest hits. Always wanted to get it and now, after all these years, finally did. Great harmonies. I think Elvis dug them also. Probably got him into folk music.

Thu May 29, 2014 11:35 am

Roy Orbison's "Mystery Girl"deluxe edition cd/dvd combo,excellent

Thu May 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Ha!!!
Me to Ken.

:-)

Fri May 30, 2014 2:08 am

keninlincs wrote:Roy Orbison's "Mystery Girl"deluxe edition cd/dvd combo,excellent

That's next on my list Ken.

Sat May 31, 2014 12:39 am

norrie wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Roy Orbison's "Mystery Girl"deluxe edition cd/dvd combo,excellent

its a delightful release

mobile reply

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:27 pm

keninlincs wrote:
norrie wrote:

its a delightful release

mobile reply

Just ordered it! :D