Chat talk and light discussion

An ode to 'From Elvis in Memphis'

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Having grown up with Elvis’ 40 greatest around the house and regular radio plays of the hits with the occasional movie on TV I was no stranger to Elvis’ more familiar work. I was given the ‘That’s The Way it is’ and ‘US Male’ album as Christmas presents but this was the album that did it for me. I was familiar with ‘Gentle on my Mind’ from the ‘Welcome to My World’ album and of course ‘In the Ghetto’ and ‘Any Day Now’ from the B sides tape but this was 9 tracks not heard before. Reading R. Walker’s book before hearing the album only whet the appetite further, I have never before or since looked forward to buying and playing an album as much as this. It remains my favourite album by not only Elvis but anyone. If anyone I know ever questions Elvis’ position in the pantheon of greats they should listen to this album then sober up. :D

Re: An ode to 'From Elvis in Memphis'

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 am

I must admit sometimes I forget how stunning this album is. I have so many favourites from this album, I just can't decide what my favourite is. Some truly amazing, amazing songs and a cool as hell album cover. It really is completely miles above practically anything else he did in the LP format. The only contender is "Elvis Is Back!" but they are two totally different albums that sound like they are almost from different artists. Amazing only 9 years separates them.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:53 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:The only contender is "Elvis Is Back!" but they are two totally different albums that sound like they are almost from different artists.

Good point. The same applies to 'Elvis Country' ... completely different sound.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am

Delboy wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:The only contender is "Elvis Is Back!" but they are two totally different albums that sound like they are almost from different artists.

Good point. The same applies to 'Elvis Country' ... completely different sound.

One of the Best!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 am

A brilliant album,a timeless classic

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:03 pm

newshow wrote:Family Guy DVD is always great. It is a cartoon that is above the rest, and I encourage everyone to see! This race has always been a lot of fun, history is always useful, and after a character in the world. Criminal Minds DVD There are a number of special offers for this show, I also like the series. With specialties like the ‘Road’. You never know what to expect, but it is always great. Grey's Anatomy DVD The show has changed over the years, but only in a better direction. Family Guy has always been one of the funniest cartoons in my mind. With a cast and crew seem to work, The Big Bang Theory DVD I always know what to expect, and is another great episode. Overall, this is a great fun show. I think everyone has a favorite character in this series and mine is like stewie the fact that it is a little baby who wants to conquer the world and kill his mother, but even if violent, is always the makes the show so much fun that I am, Desperate Housewives DVD but you have your own favorite probubly characters and these are things that I think this show is a great show to watch and I hope you enjoy this review and sorry if its bad its only my third.

Dude nice review, but why is it here? You could have started your own thread instead of appearing insane.

Geoff

PS Nice read Delboy!

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:15 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:I The only contender is "Elvis Is Back!" but they are two totally different albums that sound like they are almost from different artists. Amazing only 9 years separates them.

hence why i fail to understand why the 50s enthusiasts get annoyed over the 70s enthusiasts - two different artists.