Chat talk and light discussion

E-Bay Tech Product Question

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm

We're in "chat-talk" here.

In a few days, I will take delivery of the new amazon Paperwhite e-reader, with front-light, and capacitive touch screen! Awesome! All around awesome!

But, what do I do with my old Kindle Touch, from last year? It is not no longer sold or made. (Whereas the IPod Classic has not been upgraded - this time around, but is VERY available!) It is a "useless thing" now.

Gray screen, no good light, lousy web browsing. And not made anymore: a transitional product. Defunct. I only got it cause my original one broke down in Florida. But now, I have to get rid of it.

Will this Kindle Touch without light, with a lousy touch screen be WORTH ANYTHING AT ALL on e-bay?

If so, I would sell it. If not, I'll just give it away to a student. My school could use the money, if it's worth 100 bucks, though. Or maybe 50.

What do you think? De-authorize the device, clear it of my content, and try to sell it? Does it have a chance? What to make the bid at? E-bay experts?

I never sold anything on e-bay before. And never "won" a bid on a product, either.

rjm

Re: E-Bay Tech Product Question

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:09 pm

First of all I reckon you need to get real. To call a hand held book reader "awesome" is more than a bit of over reacting. You really need to get out more!
Secondly the Kindle Touch can hardly be called "defunct". I realise it's been available in the USA for longer than here in the UK but it's hardly out of date. I have one and it does everything I need it to do. I certainly didn't buy it to surf the net. It's a book reader.
Sounds like you've been caught up in the "must have the latest gadget" trap. :D

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:57 am

rjm wrote:We're in "chat-talk" here.

In a few days, I will take delivery of the new amazon Paperwhite e-reader, with front-light, and capacitive touch screen! Awesome! All around awesome!

But, what do I do with my old Kindle Touch, from last year? It is not no longer sold or made. (Whereas the IPod Classic has not been upgraded - this time around, but is VERY available!) It is a "useless thing" now.

Gray screen, no good light, lousy web browsing. And not made anymore: a transitional product. Defunct. I only got it cause my original one broke down in Florida. But now, I have to get rid of it.

Will this Kindle Touch without light, with a lousy touch screen be WORTH ANYTHING AT ALL on e-bay?

If so, I would sell it. If not, I'll just give it away to a student. My school could use the money, if it's worth 100 bucks, though. Or maybe 50.

What do you think? De-authorize the device, clear it of my content, and try to sell it? Does it have a chance? What to make the bid at? E-bay experts?

I never sold anything on e-bay before. And never "won" a bid on a product, either.

rjm

If your old one is still listed on Amazon why not sell it on there ? I sell on Amazon u.k quite often and at least you have a guide price on there and you dont need to risk it going for pennies either, it`s free to list and even though Amazon take a fair chunk of the money it still quite often works out better than ebay, If you do try out Amazon i will be glad to help and advise you in any way i can.

Alan.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 am

Talk about revived threads, I should have read this! Yes, amazon. I should have gone to amazon!

Maybe I will. (E-Readers are great! I have the other stuff, too. But aside from the fact that I fell in love with FECC on my first little Kindle, there are other reasons. Backlighting is bad for the eyes. Front lighting, which is what it is now, is good for the eyes! It's not for anything but to just read!)

The real readers around here will appreciate a dedicated, state-of-the-art e-reader! I am so jazzed about it! I am finishing books at WARP speed now, and got more sleep last night! It's great to read in bed, and then sleep peaceably. And at the beach, where you CANNOT see a backlit display, or at the park . . . etc. It's fine on an airplane, but I prefer a tablet, because you've got books, music, movies, all in one place. My old IPod gave me trouble last year: it froze up in the air, and I had to let it discharge. (I still got lucky enough to go through most of Elvis's gospel albums!) I now have a 7th gen, which is fab! I would use the IPod and a tablet or Phablet on a plane, and save the Kindle for the beach, or the hotel.

Yeah, maybe sell on Amazon! Wish I'd have seen this thread again before I did what I did!

rjm (And I DO "get out." Sheesh! I think reading is an "awesome" thing to do! It's just as important as raging down the freeway to Venice Beach. I don't do that, but I GET OUT! Dang.

And the freeways have their virtues, to a point:

OnRamp.jpg

"Judge not, that ye be . . ." Well, it's true.)

The photo is for an upcoming video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.