Chat talk and light discussion

All the best SLGM Performing in memphis 2009

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Id just like to Say All the very best to our fellow poster here on fecc Swingin little guitar man, Who has been chosen to play at the ultimate elvis tribute concert in memphis this august.
Im sure he has a further 2 or 3 dates to play in memphis on beale street as well as Elvis presley boulevard and im wishing you all the very best indeed go get em Andy!!
For those that know andy im sure there will be many people that wish you well and If your guitar skills alone dont win it for you mate then there is The fact that you are playing in elvis home town and im sure you will do not only Ep proud but entertain the fans in your own special way.
Im not into Eta personally but You really can Go cat go and im sure your trip will be etched in your memory for years to come.
For those that havent seen andy he is also playing at leeds On the 14th aug At saxton gardens for those that want to be entertained and the Replica 69 opening night 2 piece suit is amazing a real job well done so All the very best Pal and hope to see some photos of your memphis trip up here upon your return Good luck and enjoy it!!

Re: All the best SLGM Performing in memphis 2009

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:15 pm

How is he billed ?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm

His shows will probably be called Guitarman: Born to rock, But in memphis he will be plain old Andy Wood! :)

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:48 am

Elvis impersonators >>>> :shock: :shock: :? :?

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:27 am

Good Luck!

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 am

Good luck Andy

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Big thanks guys! I'll do my very best! :)

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Off for my plane now! HELP! lol

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Off for my plane now! HELP! lol

Knock 'em dead Andy!!!

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Little Darlin wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Off for my plane now! HELP! lol

Knock 'em dead Andy!!!

Ditto!!! Andy has a front page spread on the front of the "Ilkley Gazzette" Also in his 69 press confrence suit and the replica guitar which is lovely! Good luck andy!

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks guys! Memphis was a complete hoot! I've been asked back to perform next year by EPE :mrgreen:

Thaks for the nice comments folks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Good for you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:18 am

Ok....
I'm a very brave man for posting this! But hey - here we go!!

phpBB [video]

I'll put on my hard hat now :wink:

PS In all seriousness, my wife did a great job making the very acurate suit and scarf!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 am

Swingin.........Thanks for posting....I enjoyed that, you did a really great job(And your wife did too)

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Well, as ETAs go, it was pretty good !

A refreshing change from the overweight guys in their white jumpsuits !

Well done SLGM !

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Thank you Colin! That's EXACTLY what's put me off doing this all this time. I have always been a big thumbs down to ETA's type of guy because they all seem to impersonate each other and forget the real Elvis. I hate the disrespectful ones with a passion!

I've been pestered and pestered to do it so my wife and I decided if it was gonna happen, it has to be authentic and tasteful.

She's making all the clothes - fabulously actually - and I opted for the 69 garb and some TTWII style shirts etc. Plus I had to get the proper guitars used by Elvis during this period and a 40 year old electrovoice microphone etc.

I enjoy it immensley and have a lot of fun in the way i would imagine Elvis having fun. No disrespect to him in any way and again, thanks for your comments!

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Excellent job, Andy especially If I Can Dream. Super stuff. :smt038
How well did you do in the contest?

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 am

Thanks a lot PurpleGang! :D

I got no further than the Hard Rock Cafe semi's, but it was great fun. That was my first EVER live appearance as an ETA. Last live show was ten years ago in a 60s tribute band called Wayne Dakota and the ferrybeats! :mrgreen: