Chat talk and light discussion

And today's earworm is..?

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:56 pm

Ever woke up with a song in your head?
Ever just minding your own business when you realise your head has got a song playing over and over like a CD on repeat that feels like forever!?
Well, here's the place to exorcise that song, here's the place to speak the name of that torturous melody for all others to witness.
And maybe, just maybe, after announcing to the world (okay, forum) about your beleaguered tune infested noggin...
You will be cured...

Okay maybe not, but what's your earworm (or songworm if you want to call it that) of the day. I need to know...

Today mine is Living Without You as sung by Nilsson on the 'Nilsson sings Newman' album.

Great song but goodness gracious me, it's just going 'round and 'round and 'round... :shock:

Anyways join me, humour me, it's lonely here..
What's your earworm?
Last edited by When In Rome on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: And today's earworm is..?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:58 am

Lately its been"Free As A Bird"by The Beatles

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:45 am

"At Seventeen" Janis Ian. I'm reading her autobiography and can't get it out of my mind.

It was important to me long ago and far away, and I still think it's a cut above the usual singer-songwriter naval-gazing.

rjm

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:55 pm

phpBB [video]

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:43 am

I cry when I'm alone, I'm not brave enough I guess.........

phpBB [video]

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:37 am

I like this topic. The divine Vestal Goodman. This makes the hairs on the back of the neck stand up. And look out for any familiar faces.

phpBB [video]

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:54 am

I like this topic. Songwriter Otis Blackwell just had to be inspired by this ? Enjoy and marvel.

phpBB [video]

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:59 am

My favourite Beatles song, from my favourite Beatle. John Lennon said about "This Boy", "I was writing melody with the best of them." He was right.

Deceptively simple, very. Lennon at his most intense and blistering.

phpBB [video]

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:02 am

I like this topic.

Froggie is real. In his prime his shows were like a revival meeting, with a very real emotional connection. He used to address the audience "come on children". He's getting on, now. But you can still catch him.

phpBB [video]

Last edited by mike edwards66 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:45 am

Some people say, I done all right for a girl, oh yeah, yeah.......oh yeah, yeah, yeah......oh yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah

phpBB [video]

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Don't Be So Hard On Yourself - Jess Glynne
It's a been a long time since a current song (top 10 UK!) has been an earworm for me, I tell ye... :shock:

Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:19 pm

This morning, when I did my paper round, Baby by Justin Bieber kept stuck in my head. :oops: :facep: :sosorry:
And I don't even like Justin Bieber.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:27 am

Another from Big Bill Broonzy. Play the Blues. Enjoy.
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Anyone else hear "Tiger Man" in there.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:25 am

By 1978 real country music was all but finished. But there were still a few stragglers worth waiting for. Enjoy.

phpBB [video]

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:50 am

Before George Jones, there was Lefty Frizzell. For those who are interested, George called Lefty the "Elvis Presley of country music".........I can't stand to see a good man go to waste, one who never combs his hair or shaves his face.......

phpBB [video]

Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:36 am

Here's one song that when I think about it, it stays in my head for days! Love Huey and the guys!

Elvisly,

Linda

phpBB [video]

Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:58 am

Those of you who watched the recent showing of Orion: The Man Who Would Be King, might have been left wondering, what was that song that Jimmy Ellis sang along to, whilst driving alone in his car. For me, the most poignant scene in the movie.

Anyhow, wonder no more. It's a beautiful song, I've been singing it all week, since the movie aired. Because He Lives.

I can't find Jimmy's version on youtube (that's about my limit), but I have cued it up at the same point, that Jimmy started singing it. I don't see what more I can do. Enjoy.

phpBB [video]

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:14 pm

phpBB [video]

Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Elvis Bossa Nova.

Don't listen to that song that often, but today it suddenly popped up in my head...

Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:55 am

Mesmerising performance from Lesley Gore, giving it big with the attitude. Looks like it was recorded yesterday.

phpBB [video]

Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:59 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:Mesmerising performance from Lesley Gore, giving it big with the attitude. Looks like it was recorded yesterday.

phpBB [video]

Great pick mike edwards66! There's a new version doing the rounds on the radio at the moment, in the UK at any rate, by Grace (Nah, me neither, could be a new artist?) but call me old fashioned, this knocks the pants off it!

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:20 am

When In Rome wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:Mesmerising performance from Lesley Gore, giving it big with the attitude. Looks like it was recorded yesterday.

phpBB [video]

Great pick mike edwards66! There's a new version doing the rounds on the radio at the moment, in the UK at any rate, by Grace (Nah, me neither, could be a new artist?) but call me old fashioned, this knocks the pants off it!

Thanks, When In Rome. Grace? Checked it out, not much cop.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:34 am

This song, and in particular, this performance, has been my earworm today. What a pity Elvis didn't have a few of his own hits that might be considered 'sing-along'. It's quite heartwarming hearing the packed crowd, join in with the Big O.

phpBB [video]

Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:01 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
When In Rome wrote:

phpBB [video]

Thanks, When In Rome. Grace? Checked it out, not much cop.

Agreed. I've just bought a little greatest hits package of Lesley Gore's finest and it's all your fault! :mrgreen: So thank you! :wink:

Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:24 am

When In Rome wrote:Agreed. I've just bought a little greatest hits package of Lesley Gore's finest and it's all your fault! :mrgreen: So thank you! :wink:

Put the blame on me! You're more than welcome, buddy.