Chat talk and light discussion

Still Around.....:)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Hey, gang......

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm still around. I just haven't posted much because I've not been well due to having to deal with almost daily headaches that are almost like migraines but not as bad - still, they tend to "down" me for about an hour or more every morning. I've also re-discovered a love for flying R/C planes/helicopters and I've been spending a lot of time watching one of my favorite 1980s television shows, "Airwolf", about that gorgeous Bell 222 black/white helicopter with Jan-Michael Vincent and the late Ernest Borgnine.

There's actually an 800-scale flyable model of Airwolf that has been produced. Some flyers have even tricked out their 'copters to make the side guns actually work which is cool to see!

Here's a video of just the straight model during a factory test flight:

phpBB [video]

Re: Still Around.....:)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Hang in there, and have fun with that model plane!

Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:15 am

Looks like fun, Tony! Take care; I know all about headaches. It takes the stuffing out of you, you know?

rjm

Sent via mobile

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Doc & Robin: Thanks for the kind words, ya'll. I really appreciate them. I'm still without a doctor at this point and i'm very close to running out of my medications. :(

BTW, I'll probably never own that Airwolf helicopter - a fully-loaded model with retractable landing gears and side guns costs nearly $3,000!! Maybe a miracle will come along and I'll have one. Mom keeps saying "There's no way in hell you could ever have something like that!" However, I'll get it even if I have to take out a loan for it!

:)

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Hey Tony, good to see you over here mate.