Chat talk and light discussion

I, Donald John Trump, Do Solemnly Swear....

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:36 am

........to put Britain at the front of the queue. Done.

........withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Done.

........to make America great again! Work in progress.

Just as I predicted, many months ago, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

His inaugural address was nothing short of riveting. No pretend niceties, this was DJT at his authentic best. Powerful, uncompromising and straight to the point.

With the political establishment, squirming uncomfortably and seated all around him, he gave them both barrels. "This American carnage stops right here and stops right now". The collective dropping of jaws was audible.

Authentic and untamed, he says what he means and he means what he says. His speech was consistent with the message that got him here. Widespread across the country is a disgust with Washington and the inability to get things done.

That will all change under DJT. The oldest president ever, on entering office, also has the most energy, the clearest message and the biggest desire to succeed. America is lucky to have him.

Eighteen months ago almost no one gave him a chance. But he won, by a mile. Trump is here for a reason, America has lost its way.

Friday 20th January 2017 will go down in history as the day Donald John Trump shot down the old guard, electrified the world and gave America hope again.

Re: I, Donald John Trump, Do Solemnly Swear....

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:08 am

I am with Tom Hanks. As I have stated already. I hope he does a good job.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 am

mike edwards66 wrote:........to put Britain at the front of the queue. Done.

Just as I predicted, many months ago, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

His inaugural address was nothing short of riveting. No pretend niceties, this was DJT at his authentic best. Powerful, uncompromising and straight to the point.

With the political establishment, squirming uncomfortably and seated all around him, he gave them both barrels. "This American carnage stops right here and stops right now". The collective dropping of jaws was audible.

Authentic and untamed, he says what he means and he means what he says. His speech was consistent with the message that got him here. Widespread across the country is a disgust with Washington and the inability to get things done.

That will all change under DJT. The oldest president ever, on entering office, also has the most energy, the clearest message and the biggest desire to succeed. America is lucky to have him.

Eighteen months ago almost no one gave him a chance. But he won, by a mile. Trump is here for a reason, America has lost its way.

Friday 20th January 2017 will go down in history as the day Donald John Trump shot down the old guard, electrified the world and gave America hope again.

Authentic and Untamed? I mean, really? That sounds like a trailer for a bad 1940s western.

As for the speech, it was bumbling, rambling, self-congratulatory, ineloquent, and about as statesmanlike as if it came from a reality show star. Oh, wait.

He didn't win by a mile. He got three million less votes than his opponent. As for him being the oldest US president, well that does at least give some of us some hope...

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:25 pm

poormadpeter2 wrote:Authentic and Untamed? I mean, really? That sounds like a trailer for a bad 1940s western.

Who cares what it sounds like. The only consideration is whether it is true - it is.

poormadpeter2 wrote:As for the speech, it was bumbling, rambling, self-congratulatory, ineloquent, and about as statesmanlike as if it came from a reality show star...

Or perhaps it was direct, straightforward and uncompromising, displaying all the qualities needed to affect the changes he was elected to undertake.

poormadpeter2 wrote:He didn't win by a mile. He got three million less votes than his opponent.

Under the Electoral College system, he won easily. Those were the rules in place at the time and both teams built campaigns around them accordingly. Trump's strategy proved successful.

poormadpeter2 wrote:As for him being the oldest US president, well that does at least give some of us some hope...

It certainly does. With age comes wisdom gained through a lifetime of experience and in Donald Trump's case, continuing success.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Mike S wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:Authentic and Untamed? I mean, really? That sounds like a trailer for a bad 1940s western.

Who cares what it sounds like. The only consideration is whether it is true - it is.

poormadpeter2 wrote:As for the speech, it was bumbling, rambling, self-congratulatory, ineloquent, and about as statesmanlike as if it came from a reality show star...

Or perhaps it was direct, straightforward and uncompromising, displaying all the qualities needed to affect the changes he was elected to undertake.

poormadpeter2 wrote:He didn't win by a mile. He got three million less votes than his opponent.

Under the Electoral College system, he won easily. Those were the rules in place at the time and both teams built campaigns around them accordingly. Trump's strategy proved successful.

poormadpeter2 wrote:As for him being the oldest US president, well that does at least give some of us some hope...

It certainly does. With age comes wisdom gained through a lifetime of experience and in Donald Trump's case, continuing success.

I think we are both hoping for different things!

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:58 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:........to put Britain at the front of the queue. Done.

and he also has the worst combover of all time. and there's that lying, woman hating, racist, making fun of the handicapped thing too... :roll:

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 pm

He's a despicable human being (not unlike some of the trolls on this board..) but I do hope for the best, that's all we can do. If he wins us over and does a better job than Obama, I'll be the first to admit it.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:19 am

That's immaterial. They don't use that system. Under the system they do use, Trump destroyed them. Throw in the House, the Senate, the number of Republican governors and the number of state legislatures that are controlled by Republicans, and you realise that the depth and breadth of Trump's majority, coming to Washington, is enormous.

poormadpeter2 wrote:As for the speech, it was bumbling, rambling, self-congratulatory, ineloquent........

Authentic and untamed. DJT refuses to be scripted and is all the more effective for it.

Bit harsh.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:58 am

mike edwards66 wrote:

That's immaterial. They don't use that system. Under the system they do use, Trump destroyed them. Throw in the House, the Senate, the number of Republican governors and the number of state legislatures that are controlled by Republicans, and you realise that the depth and breadth of Trump's majority, coming to Washington, is enormous.

poormadpeter2 wrote:As for the speech, it was bumbling, rambling, self-congratulatory, ineloquent........

Authentic and untamed. DJT refuses to be scripted and is all the more effective for it.

Bit harsh.

No, out of control, not untamed.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Hillary is considering a run for mayor of New York City. I heard she is 50-50 on doing it.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:13 pm

"

So Trump ok'd the Dakota pipeline in spite of the hard fought victory of the people of Standing Rock Reservation.
When was it that he said:

"we're giving it [the power] back to the American people". "This day will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again".
and my favorite: "the forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no more".

o wait that was 5 days ago, A man of his words smt175

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:13 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:

Bit harsh.

There's something sinister in your referring to it as "Trump's majority." I thought this was a democracy, not a personality cult. "We the people" and all that.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:45 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:

Bit harsh.

He didn't destroy. in the crucial states. he beat her narrowly. and again she won the popular vote. meaning most of the people in America who voted. Voted for her. He knows it. and it is driving him crazy. :D :D

Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:39 am

r&b wrote:Hillary is considering a run for mayor of New York City. I heard she is 50-50 on doing it.

Running for mayor, huh? It's got to be better than doing jail time.

DEH wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:Under the system they do use, Trump destroyed them.

He didn't destroy. in the crucial states. he beat her narrowly.

Oh, he destroyed them all right. Think about it, they thought they were going to win. And why wouldn't they. They had Clinton, they had the incumbent president, they had a billion dollars. They had the media, they had the polls telling them they were going to win, they had the polls telling him he was going to lose.

Not only that, but they were up against a guy with no political experience, never held office, zilch, nada, nothing. Not only that, but the guy was following a strategy universally condemned, criticized and attacked.

But guess what. They lost. Oh, he destroyed them all right.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:11 am

GibbersGanfa wrote:There's something sinister in your referring to it as "Trump's majority."

I suppose I could have said 'advantage'. Whatever he's got, it's enormous.

Pink&Black wrote:So Trump ok'd the Dakota pipeline in spite of the hard fought victory of the people of Standing Rock Reservation.
When was it that he said:

"we're giving it [the power] back to the American people". "This day will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again".
and my favorite: "the forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no more".

o wait that was 5 days ago, A man of his words smt175

How will the pipeline affect the people of Standing Rock Reservation. Does it cross their land?

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:44 pm

It runs through sacred lands and historical sites
It was rerouted and now runs closer to the reservation closest being 500ft
It violates treaties between the tribes and the US government ( although that’s nothing new)

Oil spills might contaminate drinking and irrigation water and harm nature. According to Wikipedia the future operator of the pipeline spilled oil more often since 2010 than any other US pipeline operator from its onshore pipelines with at least 203 leaks reported and a total of 3406 barrels of crude oil.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:11 am

Speaking to Republican congressmen in Philadelphia today, Theresa May called on the USA to renew its special relationship with the UK. Noticeable was her praise for the Republicans and President Trump's stunning victory: "Because of what you have done together, because of that great victory you have won, America can be stronger, greater and more confident in the years ahead."

Pink&Black wrote:It runs through sacred lands and historical sites
It was rerouted and now runs closer to the reservation closest being 500ft......

500 feet, so not directly through then. And it'll be underground, right? They can live with that, can't they. President Trump has hit the ground running, making the fastest start of any president, he is utterly relentless. The markets have rallied since Donald Trump was elected, and these are exactly the kind of decisions that are giving them such confidence. In New York yesterday, the Dow Jones traded above 20,000 points for the first time ever.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:21 am

MikeEdwards wrote:

Whatever he's got, it's enormous.

It's called "ego"

they had the polls telling them they were going to win, they had the polls telling him he was going to lose.

One and the same, I believe. Are you writing Donald's speeches?

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 am

poormadpeter2 wrote:
MikeEdwards wrote:

Whatever he's got, it's enormous.

It's called "ego"

they had the polls telling them they were going to win, they had the polls telling him he was going to lose.

One and the same, I believe. Are you writing Donald's speeches?

It's called "emphasis".

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:03 am

Mike S wrote:Under the Electoral College system, he won easily. Those were the rules in place at the time and both teams built campaigns around them accordingly. Trump's strategy proved successful.

Um, no. He "won" by 79,646 votes in the Electoral College. That cannot be described as "winning easily" by any stretch of the imagination. His "victory" was razor thing.

So basically the entire election was decided by a bunch of uneducated, angry white people in three states who could fill up a football stadium. Angry whites who never voted in their lives came out in large numbers because a simpleton who used to be on a reality show ran for president. And non-whites like me got completely shut out. My vote did not count. Because of our f****d up system, millions of votes did not count.

I realize that that your leader uses "alternative facts" and you're trying to be like him, but you should know better. Lying is a very bad thing.

Trump,did not win "easily":

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 6ccc7aac0d

Trump lost by almost three million votes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... rue#gid=19

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:03 pm

AnotherExit wrote:
Mike S wrote:Under the Electoral College system, he won easily. Those were the rules in place at the time and both teams built campaigns around them accordingly. Trump's strategy proved successful.

Trump,did not win "easily".

As far as I'm aware, he needed 270 votes to win and got 304, with Clinton trailing behind at 227.

Therefore he won easily.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:59 am

Mike S wrote:As far as I'm aware, he needed 270 votes to win and got 304, with Clinton trailing behind at 227.

Therefore he won easily.

Trump destroyed them. Throw in the House, the Senate, the number of Republican governors and the number of state legislatures that are controlled by Republicans and you realise that the depth and breadth of Trump's majority, coming to Washington, is enormous.

If only, if only, if only the popular vote counted........if only my auntie had bollocks, she'd be my uncle.

Meanwhile, today at the White House, Theresa May told President Trump that she was "delighted to be able to congratulate you on what was a stunning election victory". More importantly, she leaves Washington with a commitment to work towards trade negotiations between the US and the UK, clearly there is an 'understanding' between the two leaders and, just as clearly, a personal chemistry that extends towards holding hands as they left the Oval Office.

Great day!

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:16 am

mike edwards66 wrote:a personal chemistry that extends towards holding hands as they left the Oval Office.

Rather looks as if Theresa May is taking her senile father, who can't even spell her name correctly, out for a walk.

drump 7.jpg

Well, they weren't holding hands because of the "special relationship" between the UK and the USA, nor was is because Theresa May wanted to prevent Trump from grabbing her pu++y; it's apparently because Trump is afraid of slopes and stairs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FatherJack1980 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:40 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
More importantly, she leaves Washington with a commitment to work towards trade negotiations between the US and the UK, clearly there is an 'understanding' between the two leaders and, just as clearly, a personal chemistry that extends towards holding hands as they left the Oval Office.

Great day!

Neville Chamberlain left Hitler with an "Anglo-German Agreement" but that didn't mean much either.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:51 am

FatherJack1980 wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:a personal chemistry that extends towards holding hands as they left the Oval Office.

Rather looks as if Theresa May is taking her senile father, who can't even spell her name correctly, out for a walk.

Spelling? Who cares. This thing is bigger than the both of them. The new Ron and Maggie.