Chat talk and light discussion

He'll or High Water

Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Picked up a copy of Empire today for the first time in ages.Didn't know a thing about this film but one pic is enough to tell me it's my kind of movie.


2016-07-29 13.45.23.jpg


norrie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: He'll or High Water

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Hell or High Water has a good pedigree, norrie. And Empire's review is a good one, although I've found them way off the mark with some movies over the past few months. But the story is interesting and the cast is good. I also like David Mackenzie`s work -- his last film, Starred Up, was very good, and I think you may remember Young Adam, from 2003. Not to mention Hallam Foe.

Re: He'll or High Water

Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:30 pm

norrie wrote:Picked up a copy of Empire today for the first time in ages.Didn't know a thing about this film but one pic is enough to tell me it's my kind of movie.


2016-07-29 13.45.23.jpg


norrie


Hadn't heard of this movie before. On October 13, 2016 it will have its Dutch premiere. The trailer looks promising. Will keep an eye on it :smt023

phpBB [video]



.

Re: He'll or High Water

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:51 am

Thanks Norrie,my kind of movie

Re: He'll or High Water

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:22 am

Yeah agree,looks good.thanks for the heads up.

Re: He'll or High Water

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:16 am

Greystoke wrote:Hell or High Water has a good pedigree, norrie. And Empire's review is a good one, although I've found them way off the mark with some movies over the past few months. But the story is interesting and the cast is good. I also like David Mackenzie`s work -- his last film, Starred Up, was very good, and I think you may remember Young Adam, from 2003. Not to mention Hallam Foe.

Agreed Greystoke, in years gone by I thought of Empire as the go to magazine for the final word on reviews but in recent years have been so way off the mark I have concluded they have lost their edge, perhaps they are so much part of the cinema machine now its difficult for them to be unbiased, in that very issue they give Suicide Squad 4/5 when its being universally mauled! Something's amiss with them, [will see that today] and their word now is taken with a pinch of salt.
That said Hell or High Water does look my kind of film, def' on my list now.

Re: He'll or High Water

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Eddie wrote:
Greystoke wrote:Hell or High Water has a good pedigree, norrie. And Empire's review is a good one, although I've found them way off the mark with some movies over the past few months. But the story is interesting and the cast is good. I also like David Mackenzie`s work -- his last film, Starred Up, was very good, and I think you may remember Young Adam, from 2003. Not to mention Hallam Foe.

Agreed Greystoke, in years gone by I thought of Empire as the go to magazine for the final word on reviews but in recent years have been so way off the mark I have concluded they have lost their edge, perhaps they are so much part of the cinema machine now its difficult for them to be unbiased, in that very issue they give Suicide Squad 4/5 when its being universally mauled! Something's amiss with them, [will see that today] and their word now is taken with a pinch of salt.
That said Hell or High Water does look my kind of film, def' on my list now.


I have no doubts about Empire being unbiased, Eddie, but their quality of journalism has dipped and they feel very dumbed down at times. Then again, Kim Newman is still part of the magazine, and he continues to set the standard for film journalism. But ratings aside, some reviews seem to lack a better understanding of certain films, and ultimately say very little in the process. Their articles and features are still good, I'm just not convinced about some of their reviewers and what they say, or don't say, at times.

Re: He'll or High Water

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:46 am

After reading about the buzz this movie has been getting all over the internet I'm excited to see it.

Re: He'll or High Water

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Looks very promising AND I love Jeff Bridges :D

Re: He'll or High Water

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Pink&Black wrote:Looks very promising AND I love Jeff Bridges :D


Something to put in your calendar than: October 13, 2016 :D

.

Re: He'll or High Water

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Pink&Black wrote:Looks very promising AND I love Jeff Bridges :D


Something to put in your calendar than: October 13, 2016 :D

.



check! Wanna come with me 8) ?

Re: He'll or High Water

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:13 am

Pink&Black wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
Pink&Black wrote:Looks very promising AND I love Jeff Bridges :D


Something to put in your calendar than: October 13, 2016 :D

.



check! Wanna come with me 8) ?


Sure.

:smt023
.