Chat talk and light discussion

How Do You.....

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:58 pm

.....deal with getting screwed in a guitar sale??? :x :x

I recently sold a man in Indiana my prized Fender RI Paisley Telecaster in hopes of getting some cash to put towards an already-mentioned guitar in another thread.

I sold him the guitar for WAY LESS than what I had hoped ($750.00) and he was supposed to send back the Joe Barden pickups that were already in my guitar! Many weeks after the sale - NO PICKUPS HAVE BEEN RETURNED AS PROMISED!!!

I've called several times and told him in no uncertain terms - each time with no answer at al from him - that I want them back and that, if he doesn't send them back soon, I will pursue legal action against him!!!

Attached are pictures of the guitar that I sold him and then an image of the guitar he's building that I'm trying to raise money for:

ttrout_001404w.jpg

ttrout_001408w.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: How Do You.....

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Tony, have you got some proof to show that the buyer realised that these were not part of the deal and that he knew that they were to be returned to you? If so, then I'm sure you'll have strong grounds to claim them back. Without this proof, however, the buyer could claim that he'd paid for everything that was sent to him and therefore assert his right not to send the parts back to you.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 pm

You will need proof alright. Tony, I mentioned in another post that I work with people with disabilities and would be interested in how you learned to play guitar, I am assuming your disability is substantial, since you are unable to work. It would be great to hear how you managed to learn the guitar, as motivation amongst people with disabilities is a big issue.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Garfield wrote:Tony, have you got some proof to show that the buyer realised that these were not part of the deal and that he knew that they were to be returned to you? If so, then I'm sure you'll have strong grounds to claim them back. Without this proof, however, the buyer could claim that he'd paid for everything that was sent to him and therefore assert his right not to send the parts back to you.

Unfortunately, everything was agreed upon in several phone calls back and forth without any writing but he did originally agree that the pickups WERE/ARE mine and that he had no rights to them...

I finally got in touch with him last night via Facebook PM and he's pissed off because:

1. I contacted a friend of ours (whom I'm known longer than he) about having Andy contact me about the pickups.

2. I caught him in a lie. He told another friend of ours that he didn't have the pickups - and then he turned right around to me in a PM on FB almost immediately and told me that he would send them today! I think the cheese has slipped off of his cracker a tad.....

memfisking wrote:You will need proof alright. Tony, I mentioned in another post that I work with people with disabilities and would be interested in how you learned to play guitar, I am assuming your disability is substantial, since you are unable to work. It would be great to hear how you managed to learn the guitar, as motivation amongst people with disabilities is a big issue.

My disability is actually mild but it is substantial enough to prevent me from working a normal day job. The Cerebral Palsy affects my walk and the Hydrocephalus affects my thinking. It also has affected my short-term memory.

I learned to play guitar by having my Stepfather show me a few of the usual guitar chords like "G"; "C"; "D"; "E"'. The first song that I learned to play (on acoustic guitar) was, "Woldwood Flower.' However, once I saw Elvis for the first time in TTWII & EOT, I wanted to be James Burton! LOL! In 1996 I acquired my first Paisley Telecaster - which later wound up being sold to the guy we're discussing. Now, that guitar is in the following museum:

Guitars The Museum

He thought that he wanted to keep it but decided to turn around and sell it for car parts. All in all, I wish I had been smart enough to have waited and sold the guitar to someone a LOT nicer and easier to deal with than this guy turned out to be.....either that, or kept the damned thing!

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Thanks for the reply Tony. I love playing the guitar myself, been playing for 30+ years. There is no better than being onstage playing a great gig, some people talk the talk, others walk the walk and no-one understands music like a musician.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 pm

memfisking wrote:Thanks for the reply Tony. I love playing the guitar myself, been playing for 30+ years. There is no better than being onstage playing a great gig, some people talk the talk, others walk the walk and no-one understands music like a musician.

You are so welcome! I dearly love playing guitar and playing in front of people - there's nothing like it! However, the band I was a part of last year is on hiatus so I'm stuck here at home playing along to the vast amount of CDs that I have.

I have a Fender MIM Telecaster; an Epi Les Paul Custom; a DigiTech GNX2 Multi-Effects pedal; and a Fender '65 DRRI amp (I've had the amp for well over a decade - it was my first serious amp and it has served me well!). I got all of this stuff when I was actually working in bands making money but - that has dried up.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
memfisking wrote:Thanks for the reply Tony. I love playing the guitar myself, been playing for 30+ years. There is no better than being onstage playing a great gig, some people talk the talk, others walk the walk and no-one understands music like a musician.

You are so welcome! I dearly love playing guitar and playing in front of people - there's nothing like it! However, the band I was a part of last year is on hiatus so I'm stuck here at home playing along to the vast amount of CDs that I have.

I have a Fender MIM Telecaster; an Epi Les Paul Custom; a DigiTech GNX2 Multi-Effects pedal; and a Fender '65 DRRI amp (I've had the amp for well over a decade - it was my first serious amp and it has served me well!). I got all of this stuff when I was actually working in bands making money but - that has dried up.

Tony, I would love to hear a sample of your work, if you wouldn't mind posting it here.
:)