Chat talk and light discussion

High School Hellcats (1958)

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:06 pm

With Yvonne Lime :D

The Hellcats are an all-female gang bent on bucking authority and terrorizing the schools by doing things like having a bad attitude toward their teachers and parents. When Joyce, a new student, moves into the neighborhood, she draws the attention of The Hellcats. Desperate for acceptance and unhappy with her homelife, Joyce goes along with the gang, and is soon drinking, dancing and meeting boys. Can her parents stop her descent into depravity?

The full movie:

phpBB [video]

Re: High School Hellcats (1958)

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks, Mike. Yvonne Lime had a bit part in Loving You and was also in The Rainmaker (1956). But she was well cast in High School Hell Cats, which was typical of the late-fifties juvenile delinquent movies that came in the wake of The Wild One and Rebel Without a Cause, being exploitative in nature and by design. Especially those produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff and James H. Nicholson at American International Pictures.

Arkoff had a keen eye for exploitation, but made some fantastic movies, not only with Nicholson, but Roger Corman. With A.I.P. producing and distributing teenage films (delinquent and beach movies alike), science fiction, horror, biker movies, psychedelic films, giallo and blaxploitation throughout the sixties and seventies. Elvis may have found some interesting roles at A.I.P. and with Roger Corman -- but their films were usually made for less than his salary.

Re: High School Hellcats (1958)

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Greystoke wrote:Thanks, Mike. Yvonne Lime had a bit part in Loving You and was also in The Rainmaker (1956). But she was well cast in High School Hell Cats, which was typical of the late-fifties juvenile delinquent movies that came in the wake of The Wild One and Rebel Without a Cause, being exploitative in nature and by design. Especially those produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff and James H. Nicholson at American International Pictures.

Arkoff had a keen eye for exploitation, but made some fantastic movies, not only with Nicholson, but Roger Corman. With A.I.P. producing and distributing teenage films (delinquent and beach movies alike), science fiction, horror, biker movies, psychedelic films, giallo and blaxploitation throughout the sixties and seventies. Elvis may have found some interesting roles at A.I.P. and with Roger Corman -- but their films were usually made for less than his salary.

Great info. Thanks.