Chat talk and light discussion

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:22 am

The Eye.

Bit creepy, but same old same old, really.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 pm

The Ballad of Cable Hogue

I hadn't seen this brilliant western since I was a little bitty kid.
I remember being very impressed of it back then,
especially the nude scenes of Stella Stevens...! :lol:

Br
Kristian

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
especially the nude scenes

Br
Kristian

your so shallow.................................... :lol:

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:15 pm

rocknroller wrote:
Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
especially the nude scenes

Br
Kristian

your so shallow.................................... :lol:

Who?
Me?
Naaaaaahhh..... :lol: :lol: :wink:

Br
Kristian

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:The Ballad of Cable Hogue

That's so sexist !

Now, isn't that the one where she has a 'field bath' in a barrel, and her breasts seem to 'float' on the surface of the water...................

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 pm

ColinB wrote:

That's so sexist !

Now, isn't that the one where she has a 'field bath' in a barrel, and her breasts seem to 'float' on the surface of the water...................

I don't know. I'll tell you when it's arrived though.........................................

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:03 am

rocknroller wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:Tonight I am watching Bond film The Man With The Golden Gun.

you watch alot of old movies dude this is not a criticism just an observation.

I have my own library of DVD films. I like watching old classic films.
It's better than some of the TV programmes we have now.
Tonight I am watching True Grit.
The 1.78 version, if you know about film size.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:36 am

i just watched son-rise: a miracle of love for the first time in what, 13-14 years? i had this movie on vhs when i was a kid, but the tape broke cause i watched it so many time. i absolutely loved this movie, and was devastated when i didn't have it anymore. my mom had recorded it from tv, and my only hope was that it would come on tv again, but it didn't. and i've been looking for it since. but the biggest problem was, i couldn't remember the title of the movie. and the thing is, there's tons of movies about autistic children, and i've seen alot, but none as amazing as this one. anyway, so i couldn't just look/search for movie about an autistic boy. but then some time ago i decided to try harder. i searched and searched for a long time, then i finally found out what the title was. so now i just had to find it. again, i searched and searched, and found it. i was very happy! it was so so great to watch it again. it was exactly like i remembered it, though it's so many years ago i last watched it. it was like i had just watched it yesterday. but of course, how could i forget such an amazing movie, no matter how many years went without seeing it. and now i don't have to worry about losing it again, cause i have it on the computer, and even if i lose it there, i would know where to download it again. i am so so happy. i think i need to watch it again. and again and again

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 am

Suspicious Minds wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:Tonight I am watching Bond film The Man With The Golden Gun.

you watch alot of old movies dude this is not a criticism just an observation.

I have my own library of DVD films. I like watching old classic films.
It's better than some of the TV programmes we have now.
Tonight I am watching True Grit.
The 1.78 version, if you know about film size.

true grit is one of my favs i agree with you there about TV programmes i would rather settle down and watch a good movie too.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:56 am

Elvisgirl wrote:i just watched son-rise: a miracle of love for the first time in what, 13-14 years? i had this movie on vhs when i was a kid, but the tape broke cause i watched it so many time. i absolutely loved this movie, and was devastated when i didn't have it anymore. my mom had recorded it from tv, and my only hope was that it would come on tv again, but it didn't. and i've been looking for it since. but the biggest problem was, i couldn't remember the title of the movie. and the thing is, there's tons of movies about autistic children, and i've seen alot, but none as amazing as this one. anyway, so i couldn't just look/search for movie about an autistic boy. but then some time ago i decided to try harder. i searched and searched for a long time, then i finally found out what the title was. so now i just had to find it. again, i searched and searched, and found it. i was very happy! it was so so great to watch it again. it was exactly like i remembered it, though it's so many years ago i last watched it. it was like i had just watched it yesterday. but of course, how could i forget such an amazing movie, no matter how many years went without seeing it. and now i don't have to worry about losing it again, cause i have it on the computer, and even if i lose it there, i would know where to download it again. i am so so happy. i think i need to watch it again. and again and again

Can you tell me what the movie is all about (except about autistic children)? What makes this movie so special?

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am

ColinB wrote:

That's so sexist !

Yup, precisely! :lol:

Great boobs err I mean... great western! :mrgreen:

Br
Kristian

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:47 pm

True Grit one of my all time favorite films,i can watch it over and over,even liked the follow up movie .Rooster Cogburn(and the lady)

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
ColinB wrote:

That's so sexist !

Br
Kristian

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
ColinB wrote:Now, isn't that the one where she has a 'field bath' in a barrel, and her breasts seem to 'float' on the surface of the water...................

That's the only bit I remember from the whole film..............................

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Monique wrote:
Can you tell me what the movie is all about (except about autistic children)? What makes this movie so special?

it's a true story. the parents try to find out what the diagnoses and treatments available are for their autistic son, and they don't like what they see/hear. then they decide to work out their own therapy program for him, and he gets completely cured for his autism. this was in the 1974, and the son-rise program, originated by these parents, is still used today, all over the world, to cure autistic children http://www.autismtreatmentcenter.org/

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Tonight I am watching Serpico.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:00 am

i just watched american yakuza. :smt007 viggo mortensen :smt007

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:13 am

i just watched the indian runner. :smt007 viggo mortensen :smt007

Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:39 pm

just watched old school sooooooooooooooo darn funny.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:54 pm

earlier i watched the trigger effect, that was soooo lame! but i watched it till the end, cause i kept expecting something exciting to happen. boy, was i fooled -_-
and i just watched yours, mine and ours. chaotic! but funny

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:22 am

I'm addicted to Western movies at the moment.

Watched the old classics Ride The High Country and Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid (the 2005 Special Edition) on Friday! :D

Br
Kristian

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:26 pm

On Saturday evening I watched The Train Robbers.

This morning I am watching The Day Will Dawn.
Old war film.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:22 am

just watched streets of new york. it was...sad

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:11 pm

Tonight I am watching Bond film Octopussy.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Last night I continued on my western trail, watching Rooster Cogburn , starring John Wayne and Katharine Hepburn.

Br
Kristian