Chat talk and light discussion

Re: last movie you watched

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 am

Gran Torino

Bolt

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:02 am

the shawshank redemption on blu-ray last night awesome seen this movie so often but it never gets old a classic.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:12 am

ColinB wrote:
Bolt

sweet. haven't seen the movie, only played the (pc) game

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:26 am

i watched above suspicion and the intruder today. got bored with them both though, and couldn't be bothered to watch the end. well, as for above suspicion, it was the last half hour i didn't watch. got really really bored with it
and last night i watched peggy sue got married. only because one of my favorite actors are in it, nicolas cage. cause normally i wouldn't watch movies like that. booooooring zzzzzzz. then i watched the river wild. another movie i've seen a long time ago, and i couldn't remember anything of it at all. and also with one of my favorite actors, joseph mazzello

Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:41 pm

I watched Battle of The Bulge war film last night.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:
ColinB wrote:Bolt

Not from choice, mind you.

My son was playing it for my grandson...................

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:23 am

ColinB wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

but i bet it was great?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:23 am

just watched tsotsi. great movie

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:44 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

but i bet it was great?

Well, it has John Travolta doing the voice-over................ is that what he's reduced to now ?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 am

ColinB wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

but i bet it was great?

Well, it has John Travolta doing the voice-over................ is that what he's reduced to now ?

haha nothing wrong with doing that too :wink:

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:20 pm

Might sound dull to some but I'm half way through the World at War dvd boxset.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:31 pm

Eddie wrote:Might sound dull to some but I'm half way through the World at War dvd boxset.

It's real history and not dull to some who are interested in WW2. I use to like watching this programme the first time it was on BBC.
You can buy the whole series on DVD now.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:15 am

Eddie wrote:Might sound dull to some but I'm half way through the World at War dvd boxset.

When you get through, be sure to let us know who won.............................

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:24 pm

ColinB wrote:
When you get through, be sure to let us know who won.............................

You were there when it was live weren't you??

[You really should cut out this ageist, Colin has contacts & doesn't take this lightly -- The Management]

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Ben wrote:
ColinB wrote:

You were there when it was live weren't you??

[You really should cut out this ageist, Colin has contacts & doesn't take this lightly -- The Management]

Actually, I was around while it was raging, but not old enough to fight.

My dad was at D-Day, 6th June, 1944................. and survived............ just................ but that's another story........

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

this morning i watched The Trap 1966 starring Oliver Reed and Rita Tushingham.....a great film

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 pm

ColinB wrote:Actually, I was around while it was raging, but not old enough to fight.

My dad was at D-Day, 6th June, 1944................. and survived............ just................ but that's another story........

I went to buy a birth marriage certificate for someone in our family tree & they got married 19th September 1939 & then I found his death; 10th October 1939 and it sounds heartbreaking to know that they were married for less than a month and he left a 18 year old a widow.

We have someone who served in the first world war (he was German though) & we found out he was shot and killed on his 2nd day in service.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Ben wrote:
ColinB wrote:Actually, I was around while it was raging, but not old enough to fight.

I went to buy a birth marriage certificate for someone in our family tree & they got married 19th September 1939 & then I found his death; 10th October 1939 and it sounds heartbreaking to know that they were married for less than a month and he left a 18 year old a widow.

We have someone who served in the first world war (he was German though) & we found out he was shot and killed on his 2nd day in service.

War........... huh.................. what is it good for ?....................... absolutely nothing !

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 am

ColinB wrote:My dad was at D-Day, 6th June, 1944................. and survived............ just................ but that's another story........

That was a mighty brave operation. We Germans benefitted a lot from it in the long run. No kidding.

Anne Frank wrote: "This is the day."

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:51 am

ColinB wrote:War........... huh.................. what is it good for ?....................... absolutely nothing !

You can ........Say it again..................

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:19 am

With no disrepespect ment to anyone involved in modern conflict, these are no more than skirmishes compared to WW11. The sheer scale of the war and numbers involved is mind boggling, the Germans were losing 20,000 soldiers PER DAY in Russia! This box set should be required viewing imo.The war footage is stunning/harrowing and it being filmed in the early seventies the interviewed seem still on their game with recolections etc,[SPOILER] Let you know at the end who wins.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Last I watched The Mackintosh Man.

Was I dreaming but I thought I could hear the Butch Cassidy theme music on this film?

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 am

Eddie wrote:With no disrepespect ment to anyone involved in modern conflict, these are no more than skirmishes compared to WW11. The sheer scale of the war and numbers involved is mind boggling, the Germans were losing 20,000 soldiers PER DAY in Russia! This box set should be required viewing imo.The war footage is stunning/harrowing and it being filmed in the early seventies the interviewed seem still on their game with recolections etc,[SPOILER]
Let you know at the end who wins.

I always thought it was a good line in the book that the Papillon film was based on [Devil's Island ?] when a new French prisoner arrives in [around] 1943/4 and someone asks him: "Who won the war ?"
"Germany !" he replies, and adds: "But the British are still fighting !"

Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:08 am

Earlier this evening I watched the film Angels With Dirty Faces.
One of my favourite James Cagney films.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:20 am

Suspicious Minds wrote:Earlier this evening I watched the film Angels With Dirty Faces.
One of my favourite James Cagney films.

Oh, is that the one where, at the request of the priest [Pat O'Brien] he pretends to die like a craven coward at his execution, so as to stop the youngsters from idolising him ?

They sure don't make 'em like that anymore !