Chat talk and light discussion

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:20 am

Goodbye BL aka New Game of Death , starring Bruce Li 2/6

Possibly the first of many Game inspired films to come.......

Whole thing feels un-inspired and choreography is naff......enjoyed "Enter the GoD" a lot more.

Only "True GoD" is worse imo.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:20 pm

"22 Jump Street" last night. Me and my buddies laughed our arses off for this absurd, possibly drug-fueled follow-up to its rather "ordinary" predecessor. I was constantly wondering what was wrong with all those people who were involved in the making of this movie. Totally weird but a total fun to watch. Not for all though, for some people left the theatre earlier. For its fun factor I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. But hey, that's just me.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:52 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:"22 Jump Street" last night. Me and my buddies laughed our arses off for this absurd, possibly drug-fueled follow-up to its rather "ordinary" predecessor. I was constantly wondering what was wrong with all those people who were involved in the making of this movie. Totally weird but a total fun to watch. Not for all though, for some people left the theatre earlier. For its fun factor I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. But hey, that's just me.

:shock: 1st movie was way better than the 2nd ! did you and your buddies have a wee drink before watching the 2nd movie :lol:

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:00 am

Just back from watching Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes.In a word- brilliant.

norrie

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:43 am

rocknroller wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:"22 Jump Street" last night. Me and my buddies laughed our arses off for this absurd, possibly drug-fueled follow-up to its rather "ordinary" predecessor. I was constantly wondering what was wrong with all those people who were involved in the making of this movie. Totally weird but a total fun to watch. Not for all though, for some people left the theatre earlier. For its fun factor I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. But hey, that's just me.

:shock: 1st movie was way better than the 2nd ! did you and your buddies have a wee drink before watching the 2nd movie :lol:

Let me put it that way: I was just in a good mood and we didn't expect very much. So everything was just right that night.

Watched "Need For Speed"... boy, what a crappy movie. Only Aaron Paul saved this shipwreck. 4.5 out of 10.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:24 am

Guardians Of The Galaxy this evening. Not my idea trust me but I need the brownie points for the weekend.
It ended up being bearable though.Great 3D effects,fantastic make up and CGI.Throw in a cheeky sense of humour and it's not the worst couple of hours I've spent in the cinema.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:45 am

norrie wrote:Guardians Of The Galaxy this evening. Not my idea trust me but I need the brownie points for the weekend.
It ended up being bearable though.Great 3D effects,fantastic make up and CGI.Throw in a cheeky sense of humour and it's not the worst couple of hours I've spent in the cinema.

Went to see this movie too,best movie of the year for me so far as you said 3D effects where amazing great sci fi scenes great action scenes and so funny,i loved it !!!

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:18 am

"The Internet's Own Boy."

The astonishing, yet heartbreaking story of Aaron Schwartz, who fought SOPA/PIPA and won. He also was a crusader against outadated digital copyright laws, which led to his tragedy.

He was brilliant. And seemed fearless. But he wasn't.

Recommended.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 am

Last night we watched "The Sacrement" Eli Roths latest film,its based on a true story,with shades of Waco

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:42 am

Started watching "American Hustle" but couldn't really get into it, although Amy Adams looks as stunning as always. Since the movie is rated "R" in the States, it has a rating of age 6 over here in Germany! :shock:

Might watch "Raid 2" pretty soon.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:01 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Started watching "American Hustle" but couldn't really get into it, although Amy Adams looks as stunning as always. Since the movie is rated "R" in the States, it has a rating of age 6 over here in Germany! :shock:

American hussle is very slow to start with but 40 mins in turns in to a great movie worth watching and has a fantastic ending !!!

Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:28 am

Went to see The Inbetweeners 2 at the cinema tonight , soooooooooo funny my sides are still hurting !!!

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:53 am

Eddie wrote:Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, fantastic follow up story from the excellent Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Great action/sci-fi movie with a lot of heart. Loved it.

OMG... went to see this last night. What a huge disappointment for me. Boring and predictable. Will never watch this again. I'll rate it 3.5 out of 10 for the visuals.

rocknroller wrote:American hussle is very slow to start with but 40 mins in turns in to a great movie worth watching and has a fantastic ending !!!

Thanks for that, I might finish it watching for Amy alone :wink:
And Christian Bale's hairdo :lol:

Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:11 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:
Eddie wrote:Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, fantastic follow up story from the excellent Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Great action/sci-fi movie with a lot of heart. Loved it.

OMG... went to see this last night. What a huge disappointment for me. Boring and predictable. Will never watch this again. I'll rate it 3.5 out of 10 for the visuals.

rocknroller wrote:American hussle is very slow to start with but 40 mins in turns in to a great movie worth watching and has a fantastic ending !!!

Amy is well worth watching again :lol: Christian Bale looks a bit like elvis 77 with his hair do and big belly and those sunglasses !!! :lol:

Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:12 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:

Amy is well worth watching again :lol: Christian Bale looks a bit like elvis 77 with his hair do and big belly and those sunglasses !!! :lol:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:56 am

I'm about to watch "One Hour Photo" and "What Dreams May Come" again but might sob like a baby. :cry:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:I'm about to watch "One Hour Photo" and "What Dreams May Come" again but might sob like a baby. :cry:

Love that film ! I bought the Blu Ray some months back.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 am

"One Hour Photo" is extraordinary. And profoundly sad.

I want to watch it again. But not yet. I can't.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:47 am

"On The Waterfront", just saw it on TV.

I can't remember how many times I've watched this movie, but I never get tired of it. Words fail me.

Just watch Brando doing his thing.

And Karl Malden, Lee J. Cobb, Rod Steiger, Eva Marie Saint (who has turned 90 this past month)...

I don't care about the ugly implications of this movie, involving Elia Kazan and Budd Schulberg as HUAC-friendly guys.

This is a masterpiece.

------------------

Dig Brando getting his Oscar for his work in this movie. As you can see, Bob Hope was the MC that year. He introduces Bette Davis, who will deliver the Oscar to the Best Actor, and they, Hope and Davis, shake hands when they meet. When Davis announces that Brando is the winner, she shakes hands with Marlon, she gives him the Oscar, but then she breaks all the protocol and shouts "You're just great !", and kisses him. Brando looks overwhelmed. Great moment :

phpBB [video]

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Dan_T wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:I'm about to watch "One Hour Photo" and "What Dreams May Come" again but might sob like a baby. :cry:

Love that film ! I bought the Blu Ray some months back.

Which one?

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm

What Dreams May Come ! I'd never heard of it until somebody recommended it to us about 6 years ago. I read recently the original negatives were destroyed in a storage fire ! The Blu Ray looks great though.

Actually, I thought One Hour Photo was great too.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:46 am

Dan_T wrote:What Dreams May Come ! I'd never heard of it until somebody recommended it to us about 6 years ago. I read recently the original negatives were destroyed in a storage fire ! The Blu Ray looks great though.

Actually, I thought One Hour Photo was great too.

Thank you, Dan. Didn't know about that. What a shame.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:27 am

One Hour Photo Blu Ray is on its way to me because of you, Lucky ! :)

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 am

rocknroller wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Started watching "American Hustle" but couldn't really get into it, although Amy Adams looks as stunning as always. Since the movie is rated "R" in the States, it has a rating of age 6 over here in Germany! :shock:

American hussle is very slow to start with but 40 mins in turns in to a great movie worth watching and has a fantastic ending !!!

Sorry, cannot agree. Sat through this extraordinary boring piece of film but couldn't enjoy it at all. That said I have to say Jennifer Lawrence gave a fantastic performance.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

Sorry, cannot agree. Sat through this extraordinary boring piece of film but couldn't enjoy it at all. That said I have to say Jennifer Lawrence gave a fantastic performance.

No probs mate its not for everyone ! so far jen has been fantastic in all her movies !!!