Chat talk and light discussion

Re: Just idle curiosity

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:25 am

Strange! I was just thinking that myself too...
I doubt we had THAT MUCH activity going on. Even though it counts guests too - it still shouldn't be that high..

Anyone think it should be reset?

Anyone?

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:12 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:Strange! I was just thinking that myself too...
I doubt we had THAT MUCH activity going on. Even though it counts guests too - it still shouldn't be that high..

Anyone?

If you think that the total is suspect then it might be an idea.

8)

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Wasn't this the day that Midnightx posted an unironic comment. Everyone just had to login to witness the event.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:48 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:Strange! I was just thinking that myself too...

Anyone?

I was on that day around that time. I know this because I spend my day in and out of my office. When I'm in, I normally take a quick look at the board. There was not that many people here at any given time. I'd bet my TTWII box set on it.

Reset that sucker!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Pourlemoment wrote:I've been curious about this line one the Board Index page:

"Most users ever online was 325 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:20 am"

I wasn't a member yet, but I'd really like to know, if anyone remembers, what was going on on "Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:20 am" that had so many people logging in?

Sylvie

Actually there were only 2 people on this forum at that time. One of them had an ego of 324. :smt003

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:03 pm

IIRC Del Boy ( where are you btw ) asked about this on the date in question. The answer given I think, was that it had something to do with little spybots (?) just checking posts etc and was nothing to worry about -- oh and TCBWorld was down at the time so that may have added to the numbers.

Not that I'm the Boss or Queen Bee round these parts but I would say reset it.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:19 pm

WHOOSH

(for what it's worth, that whoosh was the sound of the reset button being pushed)

Yeah, now that you mention it, it could have been the search-bots. Because I think we had some problems with yandex-bot (a Russian search engine, IIRC) at that time being over-zealous with their spiders.