macca's

Chat talk and light discussion

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Re: macca's

Post by BigredG »

carolynlm wrote:Over here, the McDonalds people are putting up the prices of some of their products, but only in the poorer towns...is this a world wide thing or is it only the Aussie McDonalds who are the greedy ones.
Oh darn, I thought this was another Beatles thread :smt002

Carolyn, that sounds very weird. Selective price increases for the poor? Is it related to higher crime = higher security costs in poorer areas?

Can't imagine why else they would do that - not gonna win them any friends, is it? And they are usually extremely image concious (and much reviled by anti-globalisationists!!)

Ben

Post by Ben »

You've put me in the mood for a "McD's" now, might have to go to town to get one :twisted: :twisted:

Topic author
BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

ben wrote:You've put me in the mood for a "McD's" now, might have to go to town to get one :twisted: :twisted:
You know my nearest Mcdonalds is over 13 miles away? :cry:

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

I have the choice of 3 McDonalds within walking distance of my home.
Even when I'm very hungry I refuse to eat there. Did it twice because I was with friends but after twice tasting tasteless food I now rather wait outside when my friends want to "enjoy" a "good" meal. :roll:

Monique
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Monique »

It's not all tasteless what they serve you. Their milkshakes are the best I've ever had (and believe me, I tried many 8) ). We used to to eat at Mc Donalds in every city we stayed. So we had lunch in Budapest, had a meal in Luxemburg, Paris, Amsterdam, Philipsburg (N.A.), Barcelona and a lot of other cities. :lol:

I can't believe that they are raising their prices in the poorer towns. Can't think of any good reason for that, except ofcourse if it has to do with special security-costs like Bigred said

Always Elvis on my mind

sylvain
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by sylvain »

Luuk wrote:I have the choice of 3 McDonalds within walking distance of my home.
Even when I'm very hungry I refuse to eat there. Did it twice because I was with friends but after twice tasting tasteless food I now rather wait outside when my friends want to "enjoy" a "good" meal. :roll:
Next time I come to Rotterdam I wait outside with you.
I've been to McDonald 2 times, first time 1981 Memphis Tennessee for a burger and fries I did not eat it after 1 bite i trew it away
and the second time in Hasselt Belgium 1990 for a fishburger I did one bite and trew it away.

Colonel Parker's 100th Birthday in his birthplace Breda
Friday june 26, saturday june 27, Sunday june 28
Exebition Colonel Parker (documents and pictures)record fair, live performances special guest SHAUN NIELSEN
For further information, contact http://elvismemoriesbelgium.homestead.com/

Ben

Post by Ben »

BIGREDG wrote:
ben wrote:You've put me in the mood for a "McD's" now, might have to go to town to get one :twisted: :twisted:
You know my nearest Mcdonalds is over 13 miles away? :cry:
Man, that's tough. Bet It's healthier though.

That's what you get when you go and live in the backwoods of Devon.................................

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Yes Mc donalds is horrible. I like In and Out Burgers yummy