Chat talk and light discussion

Re: Hello from the new member!

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 am

Being as you're still here Jordan, I wonder whether you can help me out?

Was my mention of Colin B in this context an Off-Topic remark or a Personal Attack....I can't work it out.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:01 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:Pooooor Colin B... :smt009

Um.......... [stretch]......... ah............ [yawn]........... err........... [trump] .......... did I hear my name mentioned ?

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:16 am

niels wrote:A warm hello to you all!
This is my first post and introduction to this board.

My name is Niels, male, 28 years old and born in the Netherlands.
Although I should be from the CD generation, I spent the better part of my money collecting world wide vinyl.
The labels, cover variations, the happy hunting... I love it!

I've been enjoying the postings, knowledge and facts available here.
I've seen pictures making me drewl (or how do you spell this?) and read about songs preformed i'd never heard of!

I am looking forward meeting you all on this board and although I'm a youngster, a small collector, I hope
to be able to make a good contribution every now and then!

Best Wishes,

Niels

Welcome!

I LOVE your avatar.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 am

Mike S wrote:Being as you're still here Jordan, I wonder whether you can help me out?

Was my mention of Colin B in this context an Off-Topic remark or a Personal Attack....I can't work it out.

Being as it's the chat talk section
AND:
AFAIK, in the context you wrote it - Neither.
Unless of course, you think otherwise :shock:

(it was obviously a joke.. I'm not THAT dense.)

8)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:36 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Mike S wrote:Being as you're still here Jordan, I wonder whether you can help me out?

Being as it's the chat talk section
AND:
AFAIK, in the context you wrote it - Neither.
Unless of course, you think otherwise :shock:

(it was obviously a joke.. I'm not THAT dense.) 8)

Even I got it.......................... or I would have done if I'd read it............... which I didn't, of course.......

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:47 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Mike S wrote:Was my mention of Colin B in this context an Off-Topic remark or a Personal Attack....I can't work it out.

(it was obviously a joke.. I'm not THAT dense.)
8)

Now you've got me all confused.

Was the joke the fact that I asked you for clarification or the fact that I mentioned Colin B?

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:49 am

Mike S wrote:Was the joke the fact I asked you for clarification or the fact that I mentioned Colin B?

:smt015 smt136

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:52 am

:roll: Mike...
Enough already

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:14 am

fecc-mechanic wrote::roll: Mike...
Enough already

No need for a bad tempered response.

If you don't know the answer, just say so...irony is obviously not your forte...no shame in that.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 am

Mike - "it was obviously a joke" - was referring to your Colin B. statement..

But.....You obviously knew that.

Feigning ignorance is clearly not your forte.

Oh! The irony.

:lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:51 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:Mike - "it was obviously a joke" - was referring to your Colin B. statement..

But.....You obviously knew that.

Feigning ignorance is clearly not your forte.

Oh! The irony.

:lol: :lol:

Not bad....still needs a bit of work though.

Feigning ignorance IS my forte, but only when necessary in an ironical context...vive la difference?

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 am

Mike S wrote:Not bad....still needs a bit of work though.

Feigning ignorance IS my forte, but only when necessary in an ironical context...vive la difference?

Fair enough :)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote: I LOVE your avatar.

And Niels' avatar loves you right back!! :)

Yo, Niels! Look forward to seeing you post out on the All Elvis Section soon.

Don't let Mike and his freakish obsession with the guidelines put you off. Most of us are not so C-R-A-Z-Y. :smt106 :smt103

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:48 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:

It has come to my attention that a few members seem to be having problems confusing irony with rank sh*t stirring.

For a trial period of one month, starting at Midnight(x) tonight ALL irony is banned for the greater good.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:58 pm

BIGREDG wrote:It has come to my attention that a few members seem to be having problems confusing irony with rank sh*t stirring.

Outrageous behaviour! Impersonating PEP and having a dig at Jordan....all in the same post.

Someone should introduce a new guideline to outlaw this kind of behaviour. (sorry Niels)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Mike S wrote:Outrageous behaviour! Impersonating PEP and having a dig at Jordan....all in the same post.

Someone should introduce a new guideline to outlaw this kind of behaviour. (sorry Niels)

Any similarity to another's posting style is purely coincidental, ya sh*t stirrer!!

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Well Niels, as you can see, we've pulled out all the stops to welcome you on board and give you a foretaste of the pleasures to come. As Bigredg says, we look forward to seeing you in the All Elvis section in short order.

A final tip if I may. New members are often worried about starting their own threads in case they don't attract many replies, so it's probably best to pick something uncontroversial to start off with. Something like: Is it about time Elvis In Concert was released? or the evergreen: How many feel Sherrill Nielsen was underrated? Both of these are extremely popular topics and guaranteed to win you new friends in no time.

All that remains is for me to wish you the best of luck. Have fun!

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Mike S wrote:Well Niels, as you can see, we've pulled out all the stops to welcome you on board and give you a foretaste of the pleasures to come. As Bigredg says, we look forward to seeing you in the All Elvis section in short order.

A final tip if I may. New members are often worried about starting their own threads in case they don't attract many replies, so it's probably best to pick something uncontroversial to start off with. Something like: Is it about time Elvis In Concert was released? or the evergreen: How many feel Sherrill Nielsen was underrated? Both of these are extremely popular topics and guaranteed to win you new friends in no time.

All that remains is for me to wish you the best of luck. Have fun! the end

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:50 am

BIGREDG wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:

It has come to my attention that a few members seem to be having problems confusing irony with rank sh*t stirring.

For a trial period of one month, starting at Midnight(x) tonight ALL irony is banned for the greater good.

LOL !

Well, if 'irony' is banned, how about its near-cousin 'sarcasm' ?

If that's banned too, I might as well give up posting.........................

Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:16 am

ColinB wrote:Well, if 'irony' is banned, how about its near-cousin 'sarcasm' ?

We will seriously be considering banning sarcasm, dependent on how the trilal on irony goes.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 am

BIGREDG wrote:
ColinB wrote:Well, if 'irony' is banned, how about its near-cousin 'sarcasm' ?

We will seriously be considering banning sarcasm, dependent on how the trilal on irony goes.

now thats ironic :lol:

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Welcome Aboard, Niels!

sara

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Thank's again for the welcomes back. I think i got a nice taste of this board now!

I'm glad people like my avatar, and I'm encouraged to start a thread in the 'all elvis' section!

Thank you everyone and enjoy!

Niels