Chat talk and light discussion

Hello from the new member!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:59 pm

A warm hello to you all!
This is my first post and introduction to this board.

My name is Niels, male, 28 years old and born in the Netherlands.
Although I should be from the CD generation, I spent the better part of my money collecting world wide vinyl.
The labels, cover variations, the happy hunting... I love it!

I've been enjoying the postings, knowledge and facts available here.
I've seen pictures making me drewl (or how do you spell this?) and read about songs preformed i'd never heard of!

I am looking forward meeting you all on this board and although I'm a youngster, a small collector, I hope
to be able to make a good contribution every now and then!

Best Wishes,

Niels

Re: Hello from the new member!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi Niels,

A warm Hello right back at you!....It's always nice to welcome a new member.

Can I first draw your attention to the guidelines governing posting on this site, which can be found at the top of the forum index. All new members are required to memorize these rules by heart and will be subject to random testing for compliance at various intervals. (A good tip is to practice saying them in front of a mirror until you pick up speed).

That's all there is to it really. Once you've managed this, you're free to post the most outlandish comments and opinions, which we'll do our best to criticise and mock to set you straight.

(btw, the spelling you require is 'drool.')

Good Luck!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Welcome, Niels !

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm

A warm welcome from me! Have fun! (oftewel: vermaak je! :D ).

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi Niels,

Welcome to the pleasure dome!! :) :smt006

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 pm

hi Niels welcome to the MB.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Welcome Niels

Colonel Parker's 100th Birthday in his birthplace Breda
Friday june 26, saturday june 27, Sunday june 28
Exebition Colonel Parker (documents and pictures)record fair, live performances special guest; SHAUN NIELSEN
For further information, contact http://elvismemoriesbelgium.homestead.com/

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:30 am

Thanks for the PM Niels.

I'm afraid I can't post a link, but have instead copied the guidelines for you below. I agree that some of them are quite long and involved, but as with anything, 'practice makes perfect.' Another useful tip is to try to limit yourself to memorizing one a day, until they start to come naturally....there are only 12 of them thankfully.

Alternatively, perhaps your girlfriend will help out by allowing you to read them back until you become word perfect...no cheating mind! I know it's a chore, but believe me, it's a lot better than getting a stream of 'official warnings' or ending up being banned for life through not being properly prepared. Ignorance is no excuse in a court of law remember!

HERE THEY ARE:

Messages that doesn't follow these rules will be deleted without any warnings

1- If you have any commentary concerning the board then send us an e-mail at

fecc@elvis-collectors.com

However if it has something to do with moderation please send a PM directly to PEP or Fecc-Mechanic

or you may file a report so that they can see it right away.

If you have a complaint against any member:
Please note, you now have the opportunity to file a report (by clicking the "!" button at the bottom of their posts). If you decide to do so, please provide as much detail to explain what rule the member who you are reporting broke, and provide a link to the area you are complaining about.
Please note, we are Not mind readers, so again you must provide as much information to help your case, Don't try to lecture us on the board or in a PM about what we should or not do, just get to the root of the problem and we will try to react ASAP to correct the problem to satisfy all concerned.

2- Use of bad language : It's possible to disagree with someone without cussing or the like (If we are made aware of it or if we see it on our own, the post or the thread could be edited or completely deleted.) Also, do not attempt to circumvent the word censors.

3- Personal attacks of any kind - if we feel it is a personal attack against a member or if what you say comes across to us as tho it will start something, we "could" or will delete or edit without warning.

4- Political and/or religious debates "could" be deleted without any warnings, Take note: any post or thread could be deleted without warnings, any avatar or signature could be deleted without warning.

5- Do not fight any personal wars on this board, nor try to start one either. Staying on the topic at hand will avoid this.

6- Complete irrelevant threads or posts which may offend, or threads which we believe are meant to start trouble will be deleted.

7- Do not mention names or email-addresses of persons when they might be getting problems, no matter who this person is or what these problems are.

8- Advertisement : Repetitive advertisements for selling or for plugging a website ( including "bumping of the threads" back on
top ) "could" be also deleted.

9- Links : You can link about everything in here but keep it "clean", some exception(s) may apply. If you see a thread disappear, then it most likely contained a " forbidden link " and / or contain a product we don't want to see on our forum.

10- Using a board member identity for causing problems on a thread for example will have the messages deleted, and your access to FECC blocked.

11- Downloads, streaming videos and other links to copyrighted material. Consequently it will be now PROHIBITED to advertise the sales / trades of illegal products on this Forum. The download of " songs " is also prohibited from an FTP server or from any other sources if linked on our forum.

12- Do Not, We Repeat, Do Not try to stir trouble by insinuating someone is dumb or try to belittle someone because you feel you can, because You Cannot, At the same time DO NOT try to stir trouble on this board at all for any reason !!! (Reports are needed by you the member if this is happening to you)

New 13- The "Warning Graphics" are strictly for official admin/moderator use only. Any manipulation or unofficial use of the "Warning Graphics" for any other purposes is not allowed. This also includes any parodies of the warning graphics that you as a member have made.
13.1: Also, if a "Warning Graphic" is placed inside one of your posts, you may not remove or edit the warning. They are placed there for a reason. If you do not break the guidelines, then a warning graphic obviously will not be placed inside one of your posts and you will have nothing to worry about.
Upon first offense to rule 13/13.1, you will receive a direct warning. If you then repeat this behavior, you will be suspended from the website for up to 1 week depending on severity.

Enjoy your stay and treat everyone with respect..
-----------------------------------------------

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:52 am

Mike S wrote:New 12- Do Not, We Repeat, Do Not try to stir trouble by insinuating someone is dumb or try to belittle someone because you feel you can, because You Cannot, At the same time DO NOT try to stir trouble on this board at all for any reason !!!

yeh thats a good one this never happens :shock:

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 am

Welcome to the forum Niels!
Hope you enjoy your stay here.

You can find the complete list of Guidelines here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17777
Or at the very top of the forum in the "Guidelines" section.

If you ever have any problems, feel free to contact either PEP or myself at any time.

Enjoy your stay!

Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:25 am

Welcome to the board, Niels.

Rich

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome!

I paid good attention to the guidelines and I will uphold them. Mike S, thank you for your kind advices, I'm afraid I didn't send you a PM (what would that be anyway?) and I will make sure I will make you proud concerning houserules :lol:
(and sincerly: thank you for the spelling on drool!)

As far as sanity concerns, thank for this advice, I'll do my best keeping my wires in place! So thank you carolinlm, fecc -mechanic and rock'n'roller!

Looking forward meeting you, sharing thoughts on Elvis and maybe even meeting my Dutch and Belgium collegues in Breda!

Enjoy!
Niels

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:13 pm

niels wrote: Mike S, thank you for your kind advices, I'm afraid I didn't send you a PM (what would that be anyway?)

Sorry about that Niels. I must have got you mixed up with someone else, as it's a question I'm always being asked.

To answer your other question, a PM is a private message you can send to another member away from the scrutiny of others e.g to wish someone a happy birthday or something like that.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:59 pm

niels wrote:Thank you everyone for your warm welcome!

I paid good attention to the guidelines and I will uphold them. Mike S, thank you for your kind advices, I'm afraid I didn't send you a PM (what would that be anyway?) and I will make sure I will make you proud concerning houserules :lol:
(and sincerly: thank you for the spelling on drool!)

As far as sanity concerns, thank for this advice, I'll do my best keeping my wires in place! So thank you carolinlm, fecc -mechanic and rock'n'roller!

Looking forward meeting you, sharing thoughts on Elvis and maybe even meeting my Dutch and Belgium collegues in Breda!

Enjoy!
Niels

Breda ! yes :lol:
Colonel Parker's 100th Birthday in his birthplace Breda
Friday june 26, saturday june 27, Sunday june 28
Exebition Colonel Parker (documents and pictures)record fair, live performances special guest; SHAUN NIELSEN
For further information, contact http://elvismemoriesbelgium.homestead.com/

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:26 am

Hi Niels

Welcome ::rocks

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:55 pm

Welcome aboard Niels!

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:30 pm

welcome Niels

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Bad news I'm afraid Niels.

There's no easy way I can say this, so I'll just come right out with it....they've just introduced another guideline for you to observe. I've tried hard (on you behalf) to get them to reconsider, but to no avail I regret to say.

How are you getting on with the others?

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm

More importantly, Niels, what do you think of My Boy, The Last Farewell, and Roger Whittaker in general?

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:08 pm

You're such a tease Rob.

You don't want to take too much notice of him Niels. In fact I'll let you into a secret....his covert activities, together with another member (who I won't name) prompted the introduction of this new guideline!

Don't go spreading it around though, because it's a sensitive issue and I don't want any comeback, ok?

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Tutt Tutt........

phpBB [video]

:lol:

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Shhh....now we've got company.

Remember what I told you....not a word.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:59 pm

"The Walls Have Ears" :smt003

smt198

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Don't fall for it Niels, he can't prove anything.

If you feel yourself starting to crack, just blame it on Colin B.....everybody else does.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Pooooor Colin B... :smt009