Chat talk and light discussion

WHAT CAN I SAY, I'M ALL SHOOK UP

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:33 am

yesterday, as part of Australia day celebrations, i won the young citizen of the year award in my town, which is a HUGE honour for me and my family
when i got called out, a woman read out why i had received the award and made mention of the many performances and services i've done, and made mention of Elvis of course

so when it came time for my acceptance speech, i had to say something related to Elvis, so i said 'what can i say, i'm all shook up'. and everybody laughed and started clapping

Elvis is still respected :D

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:57 am

Very well done to you, Scott!

Have you got any photographs you could upload?

Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:02 am

i could send some to your email, not too sure how to upload them on here

a truly proud moment in mine and my family's history :D

welcome again to the board and thanks for your comments

Re: WHAT CAN I SAY, I'M ALL SHOOK UP

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:24 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:when it came time for my acceptance speech, i had to say something related to Elvis, so i said 'what can i say, i'm all shook up'. and everybody laughed and started clapping

Well, in my opinion, you blew it.

It was the prime time for you to go into the "without a song" routine!

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:47 pm

Congratulations for you buddy!

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:03 pm

Scott -

Congratulations !

Are you some sort of Elvis impersonator or tribute artist ?

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:39 am

don't u know by now?

no, i'm not

i blew it Rob? Elvis is respected by these guys, and they thought it was great. they were talking bout my Elvis renditions all along, so i thought i'd add it. nothing wrong with that

Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:26 am

no, what was meant by the "without a song" comment was that you blew it by not giving the jaycees speech (elvis won a young man of the year award, so you should have used his speech)...

Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:19 pm

Hello
well done , as long as you say the magic word: ELVIS it is great!
LIOR

Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:16 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:no, what was meant by the "without a song" comment was that you blew it by not giving the jaycees speech (elvis won a young man of the year award, so you should have used his speech)...

You go, girl!

It is true that teenage girls mature faster than boys.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:27 am

just because i like and sing Elvis's songs, does'nt mean i had to give his speech. mine was'nt much over 30 seconds long, i did'nt expect to win, so i never made one, i'll be more prepared next time

Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:27 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:just because i like and sing Elvis's songs, does'nt mean i had to give his speech. mine was'nt much over 30 seconds long, i did'nt expect to win, so i never made one, i'll be more prepared next time

He was kidding Scott :wink:

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:35 am

I thought Sam had that award in the bag!

Re: .

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:51 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:I thought Sam had that award in the bag!

Shhh, don't give my secrets away!!! :wink:

8)

Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:37 pm

Congratulation, Scotty! :!:

O.S.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:28 am

thank you Old Shep, its been over a month, and i'm still getting over it. i don't think i will ever get over it, its just such an honour