Chat talk and light discussion

right or wrong ?

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:58 pm

hello all

some of elvis' jumpsuits would have been inspired from superhero "flashgordon" ?

right or wrong ?

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:14 am

Well, yeah, probably.

And Captain Marvel and all the other superheroes.

Certainly no way for a grown man to dress.

Re: right or wrong ?

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:45 pm

tcb4 wrote:hello all

some of elvis' jumpsuits would have been inspired from superhero "flashgordon" ?

right or wrong ?

wrong....more likely Liberace :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:26 pm

ColinB wrote:Well, yeah, probably.

And Captain Marvel and all the other superheroes.

Certainly no way for a grown man to dress.

Shut up or I'll slap you with my cape :wink:

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:56 am

Surely some of them were inspired by whatever sh*t he was taking at the time.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:02 am

:D Crazy, Tits, crazy :D

Elvis asked for them to be based on Katate outfits, thereby offering him plenty of freedom of movement on stage.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:49 am

Yeah Surf but what was put onto the suits was inspired by fireworks going off in Liberaces bathroom.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:02 pm

Steve_M wrote:Yeah Surf but what was put onto the suits was inspired by fireworks going off in Liberaces bathroom.

Never been in Liberace's bathroom myself..................

re

Mon May 22, 2006 10:48 pm

on http://www.elvis-tkc.com/forums/
there s an interesting link about elvis and ... captain marvel
http://dialbforblog.com/archives/87/

“One of the comics Elvis read when he was a kid was Captain Marvel Jr. He went after Captain Nazi during WWII. And he had this dual image -- normal, everyday guy and super crime-fighter. Sounds like Elvis, don’t it?”
( Billy Smith )

“Nah. The lightning bolt came from his army days. It was the insignia of his battalion. Or maybe in the back of his mind, he identified it with Captain Marvel Jr. That’s where he got the idea for the capes. From the comic books.”
( .... Billy Smith )

Tue May 23, 2006 12:51 am

You have to admit, no matter what you thought of the costumes, even today, they are not "old fashioned", Elvis did not really date, he had a style of his own, which has stood the test of time :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 25, 2006 9:05 am

“Nah. The lightning bolt came from his army days. It was the insignia of his battalion. Or maybe in the back of his mind, he identified it with Captain Marvel Jr. That’s where he got the idea for the capes. From the comic books.”
( .... Billy Smith )

I hear tell that actually, it was the Plastic lady who designed the "TCB" emblem and inspired everything .... :wink: