Chat talk and light discussion

WHAT'D WE GET FOR CHRISTMAS 2005?

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:15 am

i had my best christmas yet. i could not complain this year!

i got a playstation 2, with 3 games (ok, maybe a bit outta date, but better than a old nintendo 64)
star wars 3 dvd
hey hey its saturday collection dvd (a deleted australian entertainment show)
heaps of chocolates
$110
a pair of glasses
last year i got 68 comeback dvd, this year i got aloha dvd

my best Elvis item of the 2, was this AWESOME, FANTASTIC, whatever you wanna call, blue suede velvet book. 320 pages of original articles, magazines and rare pictures, and even a pic that shows Elvis being restrained from a fight in 56! its pretty exhaustive, but i reckon its one of the best Elvis books to come out. plus it comes with a blue bookmark, with a little silver guitar attached to it. so awesome, you gotta get it guys!

i also had the usual things, christmas dinner, family gathering, and heaps of laughs

i could'nt complain this year, but yet again i can't complain at all, there are millions of people that don't have christmas and are homeless and all those things, so i am truly grateful for what i've got, and everybody else should be too

now, what'd did you get guys?

Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:55 pm

my best Elvis item of the 2, was this AWESOME, FANTASTIC, whatever you wanna call, blue suede velvet book. 320 pages of original articles, magazines and rare pictures, and even a pic that shows Elvis being restrained from a fight in 56!


Wow! anyone have any additional info on this book ?

Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:29 pm

What is the name of this book?
sue

Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:25 pm

That's the "The Elvis Album" book, isn't it? It's been reprinted (sometimes with a few small changes) probably a half-dozen times (I was probably given every pressing over the years for Christmas or my birthday lol). I think Avon or a company like that is the main seller of them.

The one I've seen the most is a redish-brown with white lettering on the binder.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:35 am

To tell the truth nothing. But I donĀ“t care. The most important to me is that I had my family by my side.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:33 am

Jamie-thats the one. its an A-W-E-S-O-M-E book

Renan- thats very true

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:04 am

My wife surprised me with a 56" Samsung DLP Widescreen HDTV for the media room and a 37" Panasonic Plasma Widescreen HDTV for the den. All this and she's great in the sack.....right Sam...and Rusty? :wink:

Tom

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:40 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:My wife surprised me with a 56" Samsung DLP Widescreen HDTV for the media room and a 37" Panasonic Plasma Widescreen HDTV for the den. All this and she's great in the sack.....right Sam...and Rusty? :wink:

Tom


Right Tom!!!
You lucky Devil!!!! :D


8)

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:08 am

My wife surprised me with a 56" Samsung DLP Widescreen HDTV for the media room and a 37" Panasonic Plasma Widescreen HDTV for the den.


Tom - that's fantastic!

All this and she's great in the sack


But if she hadn't bought those, you could afford a bed..... :P :lol: sorry, couldn't help myself..

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:26 pm

new stuff:

60 GB external harddrive (desperately needed)
a bluetooth so i can wirelessly print on my mom's new fancy printer
new vhs/dvd dual vcr (my other dvd player had a habit of skipping about and pixeling)
holiday barbie (i get one every year)
some movies (christmas with the kranks, brothers grimm, willy wonka, war of the worlds, etc...)
pajamas
tank tops and 3/4 length tops
underwear
pair of dangly earrings
lipgloss
mascara
eyeliner
metal card holder
dual mirror compact
manicure set
art easel set
teddy bear
elvis cds (roots, elvis by the presleys)
huge elvis coffee table picture book
another elvis picture book
a mythology book
a shakespeare collection
several egyptology coffee table-type books
a book on the dead sea scrolls
whiteboard
rabbit fur scarf
rabbit fur coat
black woolen coat with fur collar and zipper
fancy skirts
perfumes

bracelet (from my half-brother's wife)
south american poetry book in spanish (from my half-sister...slight doubt i have the patience for it)
$3,000ish (from my half-brother/sister because they received it from my dad's evil mother (by his own admission as well--evil is the correct word)--i'm from the wrong mother (my dad was left out of the will as well in favor of the other 3 kids and my dad's other 2 kids)...so basically they corrected her will by splitting it 3-ways)

------------------------------------

yeah, i'm what you call very spoiled.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:08 am

good god your parents must be millionaires! :lol:

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:50 am

Elvis Good Times 1974 vinyl,
Witchcraft / Bossa Nova Baby 1963 vinyl
Spinout / All That I Am vinyl

500 000 000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong (Elvis Gold Records volume 2)(1996)

and, of course, boots, two sweaters, a coat, two fancy pairs of pants, chocolate, and a lot of love ! :wink:

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:07 am

Hello Clowdy...

Happy New Year !!!


:D

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:50 am

Sam , what'd u get for christmas you dirty bugger?

no, Santa did'nt come to you, he did'nt like what you said about him

you know what i'm talking about :P

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:22 pm

Hello, SAM !

Happy New Year !!!
:)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:34 pm

I got a bar of chocolate, a tangerine, a nut and a lump of coal.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Steve_M wrote:I got a bar of chocolate, a tangerine, a nut and a lump of coal.


I`m so glad to hear you got another nut :oops: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:00 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Sam , what'd u get for christmas you dirty bugger?

no, Santa did'nt come to you, he did'nt like what you said about him

you know what i'm talking about :P



:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got a lot of Elvis DVD's. and other DVd's as well.
The Concert for Bangla Desh
War of the Worlds
to many to remember!!! :D

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:
Steve_M wrote:I got a bar of chocolate, a tangerine, a nut and a lump of coal.


I`m so glad to hear you got another nut :oops: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well i wasn't.

The chocolate was out of date, the tangerine was mouldy, I have an allergy to nuts and I have gas central heating.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:13 pm

Steve_M wrote:
Rusty Martin* wrote:
Steve_M wrote:I got a bar of chocolate, a tangerine, a nut and a lump of coal.


I`m so glad to hear you got another nut :oops: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well i wasn't.

The chocolate was out of date, the tangerine was mouldy, I have an allergy to nuts and I have gas central heating.


So long as your nut isn't passed it's use by date!!! :oops:

8)

Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:41 pm

just realised that I didn't get a nut for xmas, my presents were in a bag that had a hole in the bottom and i was holding it in my lap :oops:

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:23 pm

Steve_M wrote:just realised that I didn't get a nut for xmas, my presents were in a bag that had a hole in the bottom and i was holding it in my lap :oops:



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:27 pm

Steve_M wrote:I got a bar of chocolate, a tangerine, a nut and a lump of coal.


You lucky sod !

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:17 pm

sam wrote:
Steve_M wrote:just realised that I didn't get a nut for xmas, my presents were in a bag that had a hole in the bottom and i was holding it in my lap :oops:



:lol: :lol: :lol:


so thats where the last chipolata went :? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:53 am

I got to make dinner. With no chocolate or tangerines!!
sue