The official 'I'm Leaving' thread!

Chat talk and light discussion

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

woodleyjohn wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Doc, The "Internet Wayback Machine" ???? You should have saved that one for April fools day next year. :lol:
He's not kidding.

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
Indeed! Thanks, John.

A visit to the "Internet Wayback Machine" makes for some VERY interesting searches.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
woodleyjohn wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Doc, The "Internet Wayback Machine" ???? You should have saved that one for April fools day next year. :lol:
He's not kidding.

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
Indeed! Thanks, John.

A visit to the "Internet Wayback Machine" makes for some VERY interesting searches.
All I could find for this site was a link to it as it is today.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Rusty Martin*

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Steve_M wrote:LD, I have my own Elvis anniversary thing going on at the end of next month. I'll be meeting up with a few fans and a couple of special "Elvis people" and that would be a good note for me to go out on overall.

All I'm doing now is beginning to "tidy my desk" so to speak.

I still post on here at present really only because I can. I'd like to have that choice taken away but only on the conditions I mentioned.

Steve....I do think you have the right to ask, but whether they would grant your request is another matter :roll: ..I for one will miss your imput and generosity of spirit, having tried, at various times when I host an Elvis weekend ,to get you north, sadly in vain, I`m very pleased you are going to meet up with some "Elvis People" and I hope you will continue to do so.

I know how difficult things have been, but you know where I am, my love to the family, and as Dave Allen would say.. May your God go with you :lol:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Martin*

Post by Rusty Martin* »

[quote="Steve_M"]Thanks Rusty, I'll be bumping into that nutter Will, so doubt I'll ever be the same again anyway. :lol:

Are you really....tell him to pick me up on the way down..lol, we do a good partnership.......dont believe a word....he got it all from me..lol :roll:

R.R.D

Post by R.R.D »

Hi steve

can I ask you why you dont feel like a Elvis fan anymore?

I think most off the longtime fans here sometimes have to get away from Elvis for a while so not to overdose on him
and listing to alot of other music

but I think that most come back to him again

MYself I listing to all kind of music from blues,opera,soul,punk,country,classic,rockandroll,and lots more

IM a BIG jerry lee lewis,chuck berry,Rolling stones,beatles fan
and I listing a lot to there music also so im never get feed of of Elvis

I now its only Rock & Roll but I like it

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Rob wrote:I don't understand this whole "remove all my posts" bit. Why not just go and not worry about it? I'm not going to ask anyone to stay that wishes to leave. I sure wouldn't stay somewhere because someone else wanted me to. We're all big boys and girls and can make our own decisions. To me, leaving this message board is not a life-altering decision. I think we are over-reacting just a tad here. Should the day come when I decide not to visit here anymore, there will be no formal announcement in any way, shape or form. I'll just stop posting and be done with it.

I'm sure that will make a few here happy. Not yet though, not just yet.

Steve -
Should you decide to really go this time, just do it and be done with it. Good luck to you. Should you decide to stay -- Great! But let's stop talking about it once and for all. We've been here before.
you won't even PM me to say bye??!!

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

ColinB wrote:
The Purple Gang wrote:
Steve_M wrote: So, I'd like for my posts to be deleted en masse and then for me to be vapourised.
You could delete them all individually yourself - shouldn't take long, there's only 7765 to remove. :smt024
ColinB is going to do this to his posts one day. :wink:
LOL !

I should live so long..............
Give me your password and I will help you delete!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: kiddin i like you colin!

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

I will miss your ass Steve!!! Well, not your ass!! remember?!!! Good luck!! Best,JL

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

Juan Luis wrote:you won't even PM me to say bye??!!
With three posts in a row, I don't think you'll be going anywhere any time soon. However, no, I wouldn't.
Nothing personal.

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Darlin
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Stevie Baby.... sit down and listen to me!

Now that's another post you are going to have to delete by yourself cos it doesn't look like admin is gonna do it for you.

I'll make a deal with you......if you can resist posting until the next FTD'S come out I will buy you one.......(please god, don't let it be the sun boxset)....is that a deal?

That way temptation is out of your reach...you will still be here but can't say a word!

BTW...I do hope someone restores your faith in the Elvis fandom cos there is some very good ones out there.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

R.R.D

Post by R.R.D »

OK steve thanks for your answer

I can understand that you have become disillusioned with some selfish fans,and I now from experience, been a Elvis fan for 30 odd years
and have shared alot from my collection

but I never put the blame on elvis because of it

you wrote

"Maybe I've literally become bored with Elvis overall and not just with Aloha. Maybe the guy has run out of things to offer me after being dead for 30 years. He had a career lasting about 8000 days thats' all and 10 percent of that was given up to Uncle Sam, so he's done allright to have my attention for as long as he has. "

Allright thats the way you feel and you have giving me and honest answer and I respect that

but mozart and beethoven and robert johnson and many more have been dead for several more years and there still have alot to offer the world

and personally to me Elvis still have much to offer me
after 30 years of listening to his voice I still find it fantastic and fascinatin to listening to
and it never bores me
he still sings like an angel even after all these years
good music dont have any age

but anyway whatever you decide to do all the best from me
and thanks for all the work and the great video´s that you made and shared with the fans

take care

I now its only Rock & Roll but I like it

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Steve - I reckon your intensive work on Elvis stuff, where you have spent so many hours producing & editing videos & synching the audio etc has led to you over-dosing on him.

Take a break from everything 'Elvis' for a while - & you will return refreshed !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Darlin
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

EXACTLY!!

The endeavour to take apart his music Steve goes so deep that it stops being enjoyable.

Thats why I don't mind being a Rookie on here in fact I take that title as a Compliment. You see all the wonderful People (well some lol ) do all the hard work and I can just sit back and enjoy it I'm not saying they don't...but shall I let You into a little secret? I have the better end of the deal....I can listen to a song and think oh yeah so and so said that etc.

I have earned the right to be a Member here don't get Me wrong.....it's for Elvis CD Collectors and thats what I do....collect Elvis CD's.

I can see you are serious Steve...so I am going to wish you well but tell Me are you still going to keep your site going. You have put too much hard work into it not to.

Thanks for Everything you did, for all the information you collected, all the videos you posted that were new to us and most of all for being a good guy.

Au Revoir!

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Steve_M wrote:
R.R.D wrote:Hi steve

can I ask you why you dont feel like a Elvis fan anymore?
You just did, so yes you can :lol:

I don't know why, it's been hapenning since about 18 months or so ago.
I have nothing really that's intruding into it, I'm happier than ever, I feel fitter than ever, I'm richer than ever - life couldn't be better and it seems coincindentally to have gotten better the less Elvis has been in it.

Suspicious Minds came on the radio today. You'll never guess what I did - I turned it off! Couldn't be assed to listen to it for the millionth time in my life.
I've fast become disillusioned with some Elvis fans as well.
I used to make DVD's, some on here will have recieved one or two from me. I've never sold one to anyone, never traded any either, I always just sent them out for free to wherever they needed to go. I'm not the only one, there's others on here who have been doing it more and for longer than me.
But I stopped a little while back and decided that requests for copies would be entertained, I'd send a copy out to anyone who asked and all I asked in return was for them to consider making a donation to Tom In North Carolinas Operation Teddy Bear appeal. As soon as I'd asked the fans to give something in return for something they asked for from me I never heard a word again from them.

Maybe I've literally become bored with Elvis overall and not just with Aloha. Maybe the guy has run out of things to offer me after being dead for 30 years. He had a career lasting about 8000 days thats' all and 10 percent of that was given up to Uncle Sam, so he's done allright to have my attention for as long as he has.

I dont have the time anymore, no, not the time it's more that I don't have the desire to keep on writing about it. I don't like what I write either anymore. I feel okay writing this now but in a few days I'll regret it or whatever to the extent I'll just wanna see it gone.
This MB isn't what it once was to me. The direction it's taken doesn't suit me or appeal in the same way, nothing wrong with it, just that the tone, the content, the pace, the subjects, the whatever has changed - or I have - to the extent that I don't have any passion for it anymore. Nothing sinister or dark or another agenda, it's changed for me and I'd like to just move of in whatever direction I end up moving off in.
I have no other plans to go in any particular direction, I just wana stop moving in this one.

My sig refers to the change. The old style of FECC is dead and gone, long live the new FECC, just without me in it.

I think some have misunderstood my asking for my posts to go, it was just simply asking all who post on here to return a favour and gat together to back me in my request to have them removed en masse rather than me manually removing them all.

If its' a no that you don't want to do me that favour then fair enough, it would have been a nice gesture but I think I'm tough enough to accept that the favour doesn't want to be returned.
Its funny I have been dying for DVDs of your work and even at the best of times at crawler never crossed my mind asking ....so it would not be interpreted that I was friendly with you for that interest! I do remember asking for FEB 12 video fixes and AOMM from EOT outtakes..for the site .

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Rob wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:you won't even PM me to say bye??!!
With three posts in a row, I don't think you'll be going anywhere any time soon. However, no, I wouldn't.
Nothing personal.
I meant if YOU left would you say goodbye at least via PM....I'll never know what I did to you ..but never have I gone out of my way to be on the good side with a fellow poster,member as with you. My posting history speaks for itself! I guess CDRs aren't so hot!...overated for sure!

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

I really don't know what your last comment means. You didn't do anything to me. I was actually joking with you, but I'm not one to use emoticons so obviously you couldn't tell. Everything will be all right. Go have another drink and lie down for awhile.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Rob wrote:I really don't know what your last comment means. You didn't do anything to me. I was actually joking with you, but I'm not one to use emoticons so obviously you couldn't tell. Everything will be all right. Go have another drink and lie down for awhile.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I would If I drank. So "another" does not exist Rob! :) You are right about everything..CDr's suck! :)

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam

Post by sam »

If you feel that stongly Steve...OK yeah why not. But I'd prefer you just take a break. Come back some time even if just for a short pop in to say hi to your MB friends.

8)

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Martin*

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Dear FECC....Please obliterate Steve_M`s posts from this board, not for my sake but his, they are his words and he should be allowed to ask for deletion :(

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Rusty Martin* wrote:Dear FECC....Please obliterate Steve_M`s posts from this board, not for my sake but his, they are his words ...
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but since this is a public forum, one would assume all content generated belongs to the owners of the site. So it is their choice to do whatever they want with it, including shutting it down if they wish!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!