Chat talk and light discussion

Re: The official 'I'm Leaving' thread!

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:23 pm

rjm wrote:
Garfield wrote:
rjm wrote:No one is being "used": it's a decision that one makes based on numerous factors.

Fair comment. If you're in a financial position to do so, rjm, how much have you/are you going to donate to Tony's revised target of $1,500 to help make his dream come true? I'm also interested to know - and I guess this will help those people who may be considering making a donation - what happens to any money donated in the event that the total raised is insufficient for the guitar to be bought? Will it all be refunded or does it go towards buying other items?

That is very unfair to begin with, asking me, personally: it's none of your beeswax, frankly. But no, I don't have that kind of money. Wish I did.

You don't have to buy him the guitar, you just have to make a donation. I don't think there's a minimum.

So why is it nobody's business whether you make a donation, but it's everybody's business when somebody says they flat out refuse to make a donation? That doesn't seem quite right. This whole conversation is full of people exhibiting a very holier-than-thou attitude, and yet none of them have backed it up with some money. These may be clich├ęs, but they seem to be true in this instance - "Talk is cheap", and "actions speak louder than words".

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:12 am

I understand. But when I have contributed to crowd-funding, I have never given more than 5 dollars. I don't see how that will help, but if so, I will back it up.

We are having serious money issues right now, and I can only go for a minimal amount. If I had a lot, I would do like Elvis.

It's just that a little won't accomplish it. Well, you never know!

rjm
P.S. -- I used to contribute to a few organizations in a significant way. 100 bucks a year for a few select causes. But lately, until certain matters are resolved, I haven't even kept up my memberships.

Sent via mobile

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:34 am

Inheritthewind has seemingly left the forum, and this is another big blow to FECC. The voluntary exodus of valued members is a great shame - and it quite clearly isn't happening through coincidence.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:45 am

Thanks so much for posting this PoorMadPeter, and I have to agree with you, I also did say something publicly, when I noticed. InheritTheWind is a good man, please return, we need you here :D

On another note, in my view, we just need to be kind to each other, it isn't that hard to count to ten if one needs to do so, or to ignore. Inclusiveness is a wonderful thing and being in competition with other people isn't needed, fun is.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:05 am

poormadpeter wrote:Inheritthewind has seemingly left the forum, and this is another big blow to FECC. The voluntary exodus of valued members is a great shame - and it quite clearly isn't happening through coincidence.

Why would you say he voluntarily left the forum? I assumed he was banned.
On the same evening InheritTheWind 'left', another frequent poster got suspended while both were active in the same topic.
Weird things have happened here. Weird things are still happening here.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:18 am

Bob-Holland wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Inheritthewind has seemingly left the forum, and this is another big blow to FECC. The voluntary exodus of valued members is a great shame - and it quite clearly isn't happening through coincidence.

On the same evening InheritTheWind 'left', another frequent poster got suspended while both were active in the same topic.

Who was that, Bob?

I just don't understand it, as a new person looking in, I'm not so involved, and then someone like InheritTheWind does the right thing and says, "enough" and is gone, I believe he deleted himself due to feeling that the site is an unfair playing area. InheritTheWind has always done the right thing, and should be invited back and my post asking after him shouldn't have been deleted, it was harmless, and caring,(he may have returned if he knew he would be missed) and there should be more of it, not of the other kind of post. How can running someone down be left for all to read and my post saying "come back" be called "off topic"?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:50 am

Bob-Holland wrote:

My understanding is that he can't have been banned. People who have been banned in the past have the toilet symbol beside them, but you can still get to their posts and profile. That isn't the case with ITW.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:00 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:

My understanding is that he can't have been banned. People who have been banned in the past have the toilet symbol beside them, but you can still get to their posts and profile. That isn't the case with ITW.

You could be correct about the toilet symbol. And it could be a coincidence that promiseland got suspended at around the same time. And that the most recent posts of both members have been removed.
But on the other hand, weirder things have happened here.

In an answer to Mountain Misst's question:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:11 am

Been re-reading the guidelines. Suspensions and bans may not be discussed. That's the rules. So, the above graphic is not up for discussion.

But for those who have elected to leave, yet did not address it in, for instance, this thread topic, I don't know if it is acceptable to discuss.

Perhaps the guidelines could give some additional guidance in such matters. There now exists a new self-destruct button.

If someone is no longer around to address their decision, I guess It's like the tree falling in the forest. If they're not here to hear it, it may not make a sound.

Since there appears no visible evidence that Inherit did anything but decide to leave on his own, and this is the "I'm Leaving" thread, I hope he knows I miss him. I don't know what was said that was erased. I do miss him, and if he decided to leave of his own accord, I wish he'd return.

It would maybe be considerate and helpful if people came to this topic prior to self-immolation. Even if they are upset. Because then others could speak with them before they decide to do it. And it would be on-topic, of course.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Has InheritTheWind been a member long ? i don't remember many of his posts,that said i don't post much in the all elvis section so maybe i just missed them !!!

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 pm

rocknroller wrote:Has InheritTheWind been a member long ? i don't remember many of his posts,that said i don't post much in the all elvis section so maybe i just missed them !!!

Not long. But he seemed very evenhanded and centered. His last avatar was Neil de Grasse Tyson of COSMOS fame. Until the last week or so, he seemed to get along with everyone. Seemingly smart, nice fella.

Ah, well.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:04 pm

rjm wrote:
rocknroller wrote:Has InheritTheWind been a member long ? i don't remember many of his posts,that said i don't post much in the all elvis section so maybe i just missed them !!!

Not long. But he seemed very evenhanded and centered. His last avatar was Neil de Grasse Tyson of COSMOS fame. Until the last week or so, he seemed to get along with everyone. Seemingly smart, nice fella.

Ah, well.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Its a shame he left but big blow to FECC and valued member is a bit much for someone who has not been a member very long.

Mon May 05, 2014 11:56 pm

rjm,

I'm thinking about leaving ... what do you advise?

Tue May 06, 2014 3:36 am

rocknroller wrote:
rjm wrote:

Ah, well.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Its a shame he left but big blow to FECC and valued member is a bit much for someone who has not been a member very long.

It seems to me that one can tell who is/will be a valued member very quickly after they join the site. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Tue May 06, 2014 5:31 am

Francesc wrote:rjm,

Don't leave Francesc! Don't leave. Please?

:smt006

Tue May 06, 2014 6:19 am

Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Brilliant!

Tue May 06, 2014 7:01 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:

Brilliant!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006

Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 am

Don't be silly! You are a part of the firmament.

Besides, I have come to enjoy the teasing. Seriously. I used to be overly sensitive about teasing, but you've toughened me up.

And your contributions are, of course, irreplaceable. Even when I was ticked at something, I always respected you. No one who is that dedicated can be anything other than a good guy. At your very CORE. (Yes, I remember who said that "core" business, and it was not you.)

I advise you to keep on keeping on.

Now, I have to read what others have said! ;)

rjm

Sent via mobile

Tue May 06, 2014 7:42 am

And Just when I am closing in on 10 grand! ;)

rjm

Sent via mobile

Tue May 06, 2014 9:01 am

Francesc,you should stay,I enjoy your contribution to this forum

mobile reply

Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 am

poormadpeter wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
rjm wrote:

Ah, well.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Thats why i only have 6944 posts in 11 years !!! :wink: :lol:
Last edited by rocknroller on Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm

rjm wrote:

Don't be silly! You are a part of the firmament.

Besides, I have come to enjoy the teasing. Seriously. I used to be overly sensitive about teasing, but you've toughened me up.

And your contributions are, of course, irreplaceable. Even when I was ticked at something, I always respected you. No one who is that dedicated can be anything other than a good guy. At your very CORE. (Yes, I remember who said that "core" business, and it was not you.)

I advise you to keep on keeping on.

Now, I have to read what others have said! ;)

rjm

Sent via mobile

I was joking ... :mrgreen:

Tue May 06, 2014 8:55 pm

RJM

Go to your room!

Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Francesc, I think you should leave.
This forum is not big enough for both of us!

Tue May 06, 2014 9:47 pm

It is not my fault that you are constantly gainnig weight ...lard ass