Chat talk and light discussion

Re: The official 'I'm Leaving' thread!

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Enjoy your break Carolynlm

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 am

Take care, Carolyn and enjoy!

We haven't spoken much recently, but lots to tell you when you get back. PM me!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:56 am

carolynlm wrote:Well, the trip is off...I won't be seeing my child for probably another 6 months. It's a pity the politians didn't take as much care of their defence assets as they do for the refugeees. I don't get unhappy a lot, not often at all, but at the moment I have tears streaming down my face, and they haven't stopped fror an hour.
talk later fellas.....have a good day.

Oh, Carol, how disappointing for you !

Hope you can cheer up soon !

Put some Elvis on & turn up the volume !

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 pm

That's sad, sorry to hear that Carolyn.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:52 am

I feel for you, Carolyn. I know what you're going through. I've not seen my son in 15 months.

If it will make you feel any better, I can send Walter over.

Just trying to cheer you up.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:55 am

I'm so sorry to read that you didn't have a chance to see your daughter. I hope she will be alright and that you will see each other soon. Take care.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:47 pm

I've noticed recently that a lot of so-called 'fans' are leaving the board without even offering the simple courtesy of posting on the official 'I'm Leaving' thread. Especially those who deem their departure so important that it warrants it's own thread in the Off Topic section. A lot of time and effort went into creating this thread and if you can't be bothered to acknowledge that effort by posting in the correct thread upon leaving then us 'true' fans will afford you the same courtesy by ignoring your departure. Therefore with immediate effect any 'I'm leaving' post will be completely ignored and probably deleted. Take note ... we know who you are!
::rocks

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Ton, are you here?

Ton?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Delboy wrote:I've noticed recently that a lot of so-called 'fans' are leaving the board without even offering the simple courtesy of posting on the official 'I'm Leaving' thread. Especially those who deem their departure so important that it warrants it's own thread in the Off Topic section. A lot of time and effort went into creating this thread and if you can't be bothered to acknowledge that effort by posting in the correct thread upon leaving then us 'true' fans will afford you the same courtesy by ignoring your departure. Therefore with immediate effect any 'I'm leaving' post will be completely ignored and probably deleted. Take note ... we know who you are!
::rocks

BOLLOCKS !

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Whoosh ......

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 am

Delboy wrote:Whoosh ......

Indeed.

Rob wrote:Ton, are you here?

Ton?

You really miss him, don't you?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am

Not yet.

He won't leave.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 am

Rob wrote:Not yet.

He won't leave.

... your heart?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 am

Ton will live on in the hearts of all of us here on FECC.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 am

Rob wrote:Ton will live on in the hearts of all of us here on FECC.

yes aint it embarrassing when someone posts they are gonna leave and they don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:36 am

Whoosh, hell.

He never even knew anything went over.

rocknroller wrote:yes aint it embarrassing when someone posts they are gonna leave and they don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But do you think you'd be missed if you left?

Try it and let's see.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:24 am

I hope you don't leave Rob!! :)

You are the best!! :wink: 8)

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 am

I left for a few months in 2008. Swore I'd never come back to see these sonsofbitches again. Didn't check in that first time..had no desire to. Then one day an email came that told me I'd return if I knew how bad the latest FTD was getting trashed on the board. I then peeked in for the first time. What I saw made me register again. It was good to be back. I had way too many posts back then, about 10,000 from what I hear. I never check post count unless someone brings it to my attention. Anyway, they were gone and I started over from scratch. The welcome back was amazing. I've always loved these sweet people.

Now days, I don't post as much as I used to, but I still enjoy giving advice on certain CDs and I give some on here some flack about why they haven't purchased a certain CD yet. Hell, years ago I started buying extra FTDs and boots and was giving them away on this board. I gave away several. This board is in no way as fun as it used to be. I first joined in '04 and it was a blast for two or three years.
These days, I just peek in several times a day while at home and at work and pick on someone who usually gets pissed off about it (that's when I really have fun).

To make a long story short, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

On a side note, there are a few of the good ones who left here for one reason or another and went to Ben's place. Not everyone over there is as bad as what has been said here. There are some fine folks over there that I miss talking to. However, yes, there are a couple of jacksticks over there, but over all they are not a bad group and I wish some of them were back here. Hell, I may ask permission to visit someday.

But my time will be spent here.

Aren't you the lucky ones?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Rob wrote:

Whoosh, hell.

He never even knew anything went over.

rocknroller wrote:yes aint it embarrassing when someone posts they are gonna leave and they don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But do you think you'd be missed if you left?

Try it and let's see.

AH so thats why you left to see how popular you are !

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Rob wrote:I left for a few months in 2008. Swore I'd never come back to see these sonsofbitches again. Didn't check in that first time..had no desire to. Then one day an email came that told me I'd return if I knew how bad the latest FTD was getting trashed on the board. I then peeked in for the first time. What I saw made me register again. It was good to be back. I had way too many posts back then, about 10,000 from what I hear. I never check post count unless someone brings it to my attention. Anyway, they were gone and I started over from scratch. The welcome back was amazing. I've always loved these sweet people.

Now days, I don't post as much as I used to, but I still enjoy giving advice on certain CDs and I give some on here some flack about why they haven't purchased a certain CD yet. Hell, years ago I started buying extra FTDs and boots and was giving them away on this board. I gave away several. This board is in no way as fun as it used to be. I first joined in '04 and it was a blast for two or three years.
These days, I just peek in several times a day while at home and at work and pick on someone who usually gets pissed off about it (that's when I really have fun).

To make a long story short, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

On a side note, there are a few of the good ones who left here for one reason or another and went to Ben's place. Not everyone over there is as bad as what has been said here. There are some fine folks over there that I miss talking to. However, yes, there are a couple of jacksticks over there, but over all they are not a bad group and I wish some of them were back here. Hell, I may ask permission to visit someday.

But my time will be spent here.

Aren't you the lucky ones?

Yes we are lucky buddy!! :lol:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Rob wrote:On a side note, there are a few of the good ones who left here for one reason or another and went to Ben's place. Not everyone over there is as bad as what has been said here. There are some fine folks over there that I miss talking to. However, yes, there are a couple of jacksticks over there, but over all they are not a bad group and I wish some of them were back here. Hell, I may ask permission to visit someday.

And when you do, permission will be granted, Rob.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:24 pm

javilu wrote:
Rob wrote:On a side note, there are a few of the good ones who left here for one reason or another and went to Ben's place. Not everyone over there is as bad as what has been said here. There are some fine folks over there that I miss talking to. However, yes, there are a couple of jacksticks over there, but over all they are not a bad group and I wish some of them were back here. Hell, I may ask permission to visit someday.

And when you do, permission will be granted, Rob.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:09 am

javilu wrote:And when you do, permission will be granted, Rob.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:36 pm

carolynlm wrote:I was 'sent to the naughty chair' for a day or so.

I can just see it now.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Rob wrote:Ton, are you here?

Ton?

He's somewhere. But he told me he wanted to leave so he didn't give cynical remarks to other Elvis fans.