Re: The official 'I'm Leaving' thread!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:55 am

Rock on, Matthew, God bless.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:23 am

Good luck Matthew!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:04 am

Good luck Matthew but do try to pop in now and again if you can.

norrie

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 am

I'm heading to a cabin in the mountains in Tennessee for several days. The ol' girl and me are celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary and I'm going to be as far away from a phone or a computer as I can get.

That being said, as I get close to our destination, I will be singing and whistling "Smokey Mountain Boy."

I just hope I don't run into those darned Kittyhawks.

Y'all take care now, ya hear?

ICBM.

Image Image

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:43 am

Enjoy your stay Rob. 27 years together? She must be something special. For me 27 days is already a long relationship. :wink:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Nobody left since February?

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Luuk wrote:Nobody left since February?

I'm almost leaving; April 29th... that is...if the Iceland volcano doesn't ruin my trip to Memphis. :roll:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Torben wrote:I had considered this move for a while and today I've decided to end my membership here.

I only just noticed this post [it's from last October].

Only keninlincs responded to it !

Torben always had something relevant & sensible to post.

I miss him.......................

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:48 pm

ColinB wrote:

it took you 6 months to figure that out.................................

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:32 am

ColinB wrote:Torben always had something relevant & sensible to post.

We can tell by the countless number of posts that you've asked about him.

You've missed him a lot!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Look guys, I've been missing his posts since he went, but I only just noticed his "I'm leaving" one.

As I failed to respond to it then, I've done it now; just for the record.

OK ?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:14 pm

I think there's a time limit on something like this. If you don't respond within the first two weeks of their departure, you're really not missing them.

I'm sorry, but it's just too late.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm

yeah you blew it colin...............................

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Rob wrote:I think there's a time limit on something like this.
If you don't respond within the first two weeks of their departure, you're really not missing them.
I'm sorry, but it's just too late.

rocknroller wrote:yeah you blew it colin...............................

Err................. you two don't decide policy on here.

[You're right there - The Management]

I've put it on record that I miss Torben's posts & that's an end to it..............................

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi everybody!

I´m leaving for a vacation in the scandinavian mountains for some fun in the snow: I´ll be back around the third of may.

See you!

Kind regards

Björn

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Have a great time.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Hope you`ll have a great time Bjørn :smt006

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:53 am

dreambear wrote:Hi everybody!
I´m leaving for a vacation in the scandinavian mountains for some fun in the snow: I´ll be back around the third of may.

Wrap up warm & have a great time, Bjorn !

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:41 pm

I hope you're having a great time. :D

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 am

have a great time Bjorn

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Tomorrow I will be flying to Memphis...but I'll be back! :D

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:51 am

Monique wrote:Tomorrow I will be flying to Memphis...but I'll be back! :D
Have a great time Monique,look forward to seeing your photos

Sat May 01, 2010 11:50 am

We (my mother and I) were supposed to fly from Amsterdam to Memphis last Thursday (april 29th). When at the airport (already through customs and only minutes before boarding) my mom got really sick. She had so much pain in her stomach that the manager decided that he would not take her with him. We could try again the next day if we could hand over a declaration that she was "fit to fly". They brought her to the medical unit at the airport. They gave her painkillers and medication to stop her from vomiting. After almost 5 hours at the medical unit we went home. I called The Alamo (car rent) and Heartbreak Hotel that we would not be there at Thursday, but that we hoped to be able to fly the next day (april 30th). But the next day my mom was still in much pain. So I had to cancel everything definitive and went to see another doctor with my mom. The doctor sent her to the hospital. She was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis and is still in the hospital. We are hoping for a full recovery. I'm very sad that we were not able to make this trip with the two of us. But I'm very glad that the pain didn't start an hour later...right above the Atlantic Ocean...

Sat May 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Monique wrote:We (my mother and I) were supposed to fly from Amsterdam to Memphis last Thursday (april 29th). When at the airport (already through customs and only minutes before boarding) my mom got really sick. She had so much pain in her stomach that the manager decided that he would not take her with him. We could try again the next day if we could hand over a declaration that she was "fit to fly". They brought her to the medical unit at the airport. They gave her painkillers and medication to stop her from vomiting. After almost 5 hours at the medical unit we went home. I called The Alamo (car rent) and Heartbreak Hotel that we would not be there at Thursday, but that we hoped to be able to fly the next day (april 30th). But the next day my mom was still in much pain. So I had to cancel everything definitive and went to see another doctor with my mom. The doctor sent her to the hospital. She was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis and is still in the hospital. We are hoping for a full recovery. I'm very sad that we were not able to make this trip with the two of us. But I'm very glad that the pain didn't start an hour later...right above the Atlantic Ocean...

im so sorry to hear that Monique,it must have been heartbreaking for you and your mum to miss out on memphis i hope your mum gets well soon.

Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Sorry to read this Monique. Wish your mother a speedy recovery. She's a lovely lady.