Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:57 pm

TJ -

You're right !

As I've said before:

Elvis was a great performer.

A so-so father.

A lousy husband.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:53 am

TJ wrote:I too think it's odd that Priscilla continues to use the Presley name.

She's not about to give up the Presley name. Where would she be without it? Would she have starred in movies or a television series without it? Hardly. She will be a Presley until the day she dies.

Face it, as a boyfriend/husband, Elvis sucked.

Elvis could never be loyal to one woman. If that means he sucked, you're right.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:20 pm

Rob wrote:
TJ wrote:Face it, as a boyfriend/husband, Elvis sucked.

Elvis could never be loyal to one woman. If that means he sucked, you're right.

Well yes, that's exactly what I meant. But perhaps a lot of us would be similarly weak if faced with his daily temptations.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:26 am

I think the question should be who do you think Elvis thought was the best . Anita Wood dated him longer than any of these pre Priscilla but they were not engaged. Priscilla was married to Elvis but that ended in divorce and friendship. Linda was with him off and on and more off than on as Elvis dated others during Linda's supposed time with Elvis like that Sheila Ryan but they were never engaged either. Ginger was very young and came in at the end but she was engaged to Elvis so I cast my vote for Ginger.
I agree that Ann M. should have been included in this poll.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:43 pm

MYWAY -

Ann-Margret only had the briefest of flings with him.

Parker soon put a stop to that.

Perhaps she had the potential to be Elvis' best girl, but this poll is about reality.

Nice to see Ginger get a vote !

Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:34 am

TJ wrote:I do think that Priscilla was in love with Elvis, but that he just wore down her resolve with his behaviour over time. Face it, as a boyfriend/husband, Elvis sucked.

And as aa girlfriend/wife/mother Priscilla didn't? So why won't she give up the Presley name and marry the father of her son? Do you think she loves Marco and Navarone? (Oh, she still loves Elvis!!)

And so Lamar helping Goldman made him slime, but Pris' book was fine? After all, she loved him!

Okay, I have the flu and will regret this, and will come back and delete it (maybe)!!

Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:17 am

silver wrote:
TJ wrote:I do think that Priscilla was in love with Elvis, but that he just wore down her resolve with his behaviour over time. Face it, as a boyfriend/husband, Elvis sucked.

And as aa girlfriend/wife/mother Priscilla didn't? So why won't she give up the Presley name and marry the father of her son? Do you think she loves Marco and Navarone? (Oh, she still loves Elvis!!)

And so Lamar helping Goldman made him slime, but Pris' book was fine? After all, she loved him!

Okay, I have the flu and will regret this, and will come back and delete it (maybe)!!

Well there's no comparison between the contents of Priscilla's book and Goldman's book. The latter is the most one-sided, venomous dross I've ever had the misfortune to read. Priscilla's book painted Elvis as human, with good and bad points. It's a far more balanced and fair account and not one she has any reason to be ashamed of. There's really no comparison, so I don't know what your point is.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:54 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:i'm personally favorable to linda and ann-margret.

i'm a bit sour with cilla and her self-obsession. and ginger, well...wrong place at the wrong time.

Elvis and Ann marget did Viva Las Vegas in 64 and the Camera was always on her Elvis always hated it because he was the star of the film
But ann Marget was a nice lady for a good Night.
Elvis

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:49 pm

Poll Result !

With the authority invested in me by no one, I declare the result in this Poll to be:

By a runaway margin Linda was Elvis' Best Girl !

This Poll is now closed.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:49 pm

ColinB wrote:By a runaway margin Linda was Elvis' Best Girl !

VIVA!!

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:28 am

I don't look at it as his being untrue/unfaithful (hey that's a song title from the 60's by a girl named Nita Rossi--untrue, unfaithful, that was you, every other day there was someone new, why was I a fool to fall in love with you)...I just look at it, and maybe he did too, as giving all the ladies/women of the world a chance. Wouldn't surprised me if in the 60s he was in a crowd of women and said, "Ladies, calm down! There's enough Elvis to go around" 8) lol :)

But seriously...I think it was Diamond Joe E. who said that bit about Elvis could never be a on-woman-man. So true it's not even funny.

- Stacy

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:58 am

dreamalittledream wrote:But seriously...I think it was Diamond Joe E. who said that bit about Elvis could never be a on-woman-man.

'On-woman-man ?'

Oh, I think he could.....................

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:12 am

I think he was....many times.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:33 am

one guys, ONE :o

Geesh--what a way to make a spelling error!

But you're both right :D

- Stace

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:30 pm

Anybody but that $$$$$ hungry Cilla!!!!!!!!!!! Dovey :roll:

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:36 pm

dovey wrote:Anybody but that $$$$$ hungry Cilla!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, she's second !

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:09 pm

Pretty Darn Sad Collin............... :twisted: But then we all have our own opinions. Dovey

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:16 am

TJ wrote:
mistymorning wrote:None of them are that good to be voted as the best elvis girl! if they were they would remain faithful and atleast they wouldn.t leave him!!

Are you suggesting that because Elvis was a superstar, normal rules of a relationship shouldn't apply? Bringing up the point about the women being faithful is a bit laughable considering Elvis cheated countless times on every woman he was ever with. Should they have been ok with that just because he was Elvis?

Yes!

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:26 am

I voted for Linda Thompson of course.

I think she cared for Elvis the most and really cared for him alot.

Fri May 12, 2006 8:45 am

I almost hate to bring this up since I think Linda took the best care of Elvis, but if the question is who Elvis believed was his best girl, then I hesitate to vote for Linda, since Kathy Westmoreland said that Elvis was already trying to get rid of Linda at the time of the Aloha concert - in January, 1973! - but "she wouldn't take the hint." And he openly dated others in front of her - heck, sometimes she would go along with Elvis on his dates! So he cared for Linda, but not enough to marry her.

To get her out of Graceland he bought her a house.

Reminiscing to Kathy one night about all his past loves, Kathy said he never mentioned Priscilla but seemed the most nostalgic about Anita Wood, saying how much fun they had together.

And yet it was Ginger who captured Elvis' interest and gave Elvis a new lease on life, and who he wanted to marry. Some insist he never intended to marry her, but Elvis' jeweler's website states plainly that Elvis wanted a spectacular engagement ring for Ginger, and used the 11 1/2 carat diamond for his own TCB ring to a diamond engagement ring for Ginger.

My vote for Elvis' best girl goes to EVERY FEMALE ELVIS FAN. Or Gladys. Maybe both.