Linda
60%
Ginger
9%

Total votes : 45

Elvis' Best Girl Poll Result !

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:01 pm

So who is it ?
Last edited by ColinB on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:08 pm

I just voted and I'm the only one who's voted so far. I'm not telling you who I voted for though.

Well, never mind. I see that someone else has just voted for Linda. I mean, I see someone else has just voted for the girl that I voted for.

Still not telling who it is though.
Last edited by Rob on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:18 pm

I too voted for the one who seemed to do the best job of helping Elvis to keep it between the navigational beacons (temporarily).

Geoff

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm

I would have included Ann Margret as an additional option.
But I vote Priscila....Elvis really seemed to love her.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:34 pm

Renan -

I tried having more names but it truncated the list.

Then I tried a shorter list and it did the same.

Now I've got it sussed !

If you list 5 options, it reduces it to 4.

If you have 4, it reduces it to 3.

So you need to put a 'dummy' option at the end, which will get removed.

Well, I know for next time !

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:09 pm

Anita.

she was a beautie and could SING
- sang with Elvis, and even cut solo material at Sun!

and photos of she and Elvis together, he looks happy
(happy, without obligatory medication to achieve that, as in later years)

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:53 pm

renanagulled wrote:I would have included Ann Margret as an additional option.
But I vote Priscila....Elvis really seemed to love her.

Maybe, we could have another poll and include Ann Margret... :P :P

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 pm

Colin

Did you click the Add option button after you entered the last poll option?!?

:lol:

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:14 pm

Torben -

Probably not !

I expect that's where I was going wrong !

How many options can you have ?

Thanks for the tip.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:27 pm

Colin

From what I've seen on other polls here you can have as many as ten options.

I can't remember a poll with a single option, but maybe that's possible. Two options are possible.

You're welcome. I'm always glad to help the elderly.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:29 pm

For Elvis - Linda.

For me - Anita.

Not sure which you meant so haven't voted.

Jules

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:06 pm

Torben -

You wrote:
I'm always glad to help the elderly.

Well, I'm glad to hear that.

Don't know what it's got to do with our discussion though.

Jules -

I guess I meant for Elvis mostly.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:21 am

i'm personally favorable to linda and ann-margret.

i'm a bit sour with cilla and her self-obsession. and ginger, well...wrong place at the wrong time.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:28 am

You don't have Charlie's name up there!!!

:P

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:47 am

Sam -

You wrote:
You don't have Charlie's name up there!!!

Don't even go there !

Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:44 pm

Priscilla

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:46 pm

Gosh, is it Monday there already? It's Sunday morning here. Oh sorry, that was last week.

I voted for Linda. She took care of him in the hard times. I would have also voted for Ann Magret because I think she REALLY loved him.

Elvis' Girl - Are you really serious about voting for Priscilla?

Renen - It's not whether Elvis loved her (I don't think he really did.), but if she loved him (I don't think she did.) They BOTH lost their wedding rings!! I know others have lost them, but I think it's somehow pyschologically relevant to do this.

Priscilla never named the child after Elvis' beloved mother, but after herself (listen to the sounds and look at the letters of Cilla and Lisa) and Col. Tom Parker's wife.

sue

Well, I'm finally getting tired, so I can go to sleep!! FINALLY!!!!

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:58 pm

Poor Ginger !

I reckon she's been painted blacker than she ever deserved to be.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:22 pm

ColinB wrote:Poor Ginger !

I reckon she's been painted blacker than she ever deserved to be.

I agree! The last year of Elvis' life was too much for a 21 year old. She would have struggled with a fit, healthy Elvis what with all the trappings of his fame. His condition made it an impossible task.

I must admit I'm gobsmacked she's never written a book!

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:59 pm

None of them are that good to be voted as the best elvis girl! if they were they would remain faithful and atleast they wouldn.t leave him!!

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:13 pm

mistymorning wrote:None of them are that good to be voted as the best elvis girl! if they were they would remain faithful and atleast they wouldn.t leave him!!

Well, Ginger didn't exactly leave him.....

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:52 am

mistymorning wrote:None of them are that good to be voted as the best elvis girl! if they were they would remain faithful and atleast they wouldn.t leave him!!

Are you suggesting that because Elvis was a superstar, normal rules of a relationship shouldn't apply? Bringing up the point about the women being faithful is a bit laughable considering Elvis cheated countless times on every woman he was ever with. Should they have been ok with that just because he was Elvis?

Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:59 pm

they weren,t that innocent too!At least they knew elvis and his ways! but what about those women?they were pretending to love him but they loved the money, the image,the fame ,... not the real man!of course a woman faced many difficulties living with him,but if they loved him for himself they would endure those problems, to make awarm real home is the least a woman in love can do for his man!and I,m sure he would appreciate that and would find the real love in his home.Elvis was worthy of this effort, wasn,t he?!
TRUE LOVE TRAVELS ON A GRAVEL ROAD

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:25 pm

honestly misty has a tiny bit of a point. :gulp:

and no. i don't think normal rules apply.

and priscilla's feminism in elvis by the presleys kinda grated on me. that says a lot about her, that the reason she left was because other women were telling her about feminism, plus the part of the story she likes to leave out with mike stone. not to mention the fact that for the sake of feminism! she was willing to leave her daughter's father and split the family up, just so she could "find herself". frankly, with the amount that she was at graceland getting her hair done up while he was on tour or in hollywood, you'd think that she could find herself perfectly well there. and is it so wrong for a woman to be happy just raising children without making a statement? sounds more like she wanted to cash in on the name and go be a movie star, and elvis didn't approve.

then came the thing about getting custody of lisa marie... and i think i've heard interviews where lisa made it clear she didn't like cilla's boyfriends at all.

and why is she still going by priscilla presley when she's the ex. i mean, some parents do that, but i can't help but think it's for publicity. she's not the widow either.

the closest one who comes to being a widow is ginger, but she was just a girlfriend--and one who hasn't attempted to cash in on his image for her own personal gain, unlike cilla.

i dunno. cilla seems to hide behind the suffocated doll image.

the fact that ann-margret seems to have really appreciated elvis, and came to his funeral--only co-star that did, etc...makes me like her.

lisa thompson was the mothering figure that elvis wanted and elvis needed for that period of his life.

and i think it says a lot that ginger has gone into almost complete obscurity and hasn't once tried to cash in on elvis' fame.

cilla is all about me me me--and she's not an innocent little doll. linda was a giver, but didn't want to be the one to find him dead (understandable--who would get over that?). therein lies the difference.

as far as elvis' best girl, i can tell you who was his favorite. it was his little yisa.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:46 pm

mistymorning wrote:they weren,t that innocent too!At least they knew elvis and his ways! but what about those women?they were pretending to love him but they loved the money, the image,the fame ,... not the real man!of course a woman faced many difficulties living with him,but if they loved him for himself they would endure those problems, to make awarm real home is the least a woman in love can do for his man!and I,m sure he would appreciate that and would find the real love in his home.Elvis was worthy of this effort, wasn,t he?!
TRUE LOVE TRAVELS ON A GRAVEL ROAD

You don't know that they were pretending to love him, but just loved the money and fame. I'm sure that applies to some, but that's a blanket statement that can't be backed up. You see it from a very one-sided point of view and I'm pretty sure that if any other guy but Elvis acted like he did, you would have a different opinion. It seems to me that no woman had the chance to make a "warm real home"'. There were simply too many others around for a tight family unit to thrive. Furthermore, Elvis was gone so much, either making movies or touring, that it would put any relationship under strain, particularly if banning the woman from joining him so he could have a string of affairs. It's the same reason that the relationships of several of the MM died at the time. I think it's Joe Esposito who said "the wives were married and we were single". I'm not judging Elvis, but those are the facts. Frankly, any guy would struggle to be faithful with an endless stream of women throwing themselves at him.
I'm not saying the women were whiter than white either and I too think it's odd that Priscilla continues to use the Presley name. That said, it has historically had marketing advantages of course, with her position as head of EPE. I do think that Priscilla was in love with Elvis, but that he just wore down her resolve with his behaviour over time. Face it, as a boyfriend/husband, Elvis sucked.