Chat talk and light discussion

SANG ELVIS AT AN ELDERLY CARE CENTRE.....

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:39 am

and got a fantastic response! i've been out to there before, but this time, vocally i was better, but i was'nt as strong, performance wise could not have been better

this was the setlist:

i just can't help believin : for this, i had my 6 year old sister come up and sing the back up bit 'this time the girl is gonna stay'. during the 'quieten down bit', people thought the song was over, i even got down on one knee like Elvis does, and they all started clapping

help me make it through the night: done well. after it i said'more like help me make it through the day, but anyway'

burning love: usuallly this song KILLS my voice, but here i could never be better, i was having a ball, i even went 'whoo!' during the guitar bit

you don't have to say you love me: i sang this song REALLY passionately, as if i was telling my own story. i then did a kick to the end of the performance, and everybody went wild (for their age anyway) :lol:

love me tender:i did'nt really like this song, but i did it because the people requested it.

down in the alley: for a song they did'nt know, they liked it. i was really getting into it :Janie, janie, janie, janie, jane, na na na na na na na na!

in the ghetto: i recorded my whole performance on tape,and later i heard some body say 'i love this song'. too low for my voice but they liked it

suspicious minds: this was my favorite performance, i sang this with heaps of passion as if i was crying, especially getting down on one knee doing the 'oh let our loooove surviiiiiive!! . then for the 'caught in a trap' bit that went over for the rest of the song, i did the old arm swings and walked around on the stage. then during the fade out, fade back in bit, i got down on balanced knee and again, they thought it was over. i started laughing. so i said to the cooks who were watching ' its a serious song, gotta get serious'. they said 'oh ok, thank you very much! ' . i cracked up at that

for the good times: not one of my faves, but it did well

proud mary: really enjoyed my self during this

heartbreak hotel: average :lol:

i'll remember you: done really well, at the end i got down on one knee and stretched my arms.

then people came up to me afterwards, saying how much they liked the performance

i have this whole performance on tape. its exactly like Elvis audience recordings, hollow, but listenable 8)

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:22 pm

jnr -

Do you know, it's through youngsters like you that Elvis' music will carry on to the generations to come.

Well done.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:35 pm

that sounds good. well done

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:50 am

You'll have to get some of that on mp3 and let us have a listen. You know my email address :wink:

Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:59 am

i'd just like to put the fact, though i sang Elvis's songs, and had my Elvis moments, i came out sounding like my self al most all the time.

TJ, BTW, i used some of your backing tracks for the set list. i'm eternaly grateful man! yes, i now have a program that'll let me do the recording stuff, so if i can, expect a sample in your email soon, actually now :D

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:44 am

Cool :D

Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:43 pm

I also want one copy in my email :wink:

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:50 pm

if anybody else would like me to send them a wma sample through email, i'd be more than happy too. one limit: download storage space 8)

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:06 am

Congratulations elvisjnr.... As Colin wrote it´s this kind of job you´ve done that will bring new fans to the Elvis world!!! One more time, congratulations! :wink: