Chat talk and light discussion

I WON AN ENTIRE TALENT QUEST SINGING ELVIS!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:26 pm

i'm so happy, i can not believe this! where to begin. first of all i must say, the sound problems were a disaster! right from the start, there was heaps of feedback, and it became really annoying, when i went on, i thought i would have those probs too. when i got on the stage, i checked to see if the mike was working, when a LOUD feedback happened, i said 'yep, its definitely working'. then i sang burning love, one of my familys faves, at the end i got some punches in, and the audience cheered loudy.

after that i went backstage for the next song later on, but then disaster struck! the speakers had blown! i could'nt believe this! they told me i might not be able to do my performance! somebody luckily had a backup cd player, not very loud though, i decided to use the mike as a prop anyway, but it was'nt working, so i had to sing loud.

i sang 'i just can't help believin', one of my fave songs. at the bit after the sweet inspirations did their first 'i just can't help believing' repeats, i dropped down on a crouched knee and leg out, as Elvis did, the song quietened down, and the audience thought it was over, so they cheered loudly, and even the curtain closed, which i was not in, so the curtain closed without me behind it. god it was funny! so i finished the song and went backstage for the winners to be announced for the singing section, i won, but the biggest suprise was....

i was the overall winner! i never expected to win, i thought there were better than me, but when they said 'the young man', i thought it might be someone else, but they called my name and my mum yelled 'yay!' and the audience applauded until i got to the stage, and i was right at the back of the hall. you should see the medal i have! this is my biggest acheivement yet, and i'm really happy! all those Elvis impersonators out there, the ones that mumble and put the wig and can't sing and make fun of Elvis, you better watch out, i'm gonna be the best Elvis tribute artist ever, and that is a promise!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:32 pm

Can I have your autograph?

:P :P :P :P

I'll sell it to Sam.

Re: I WON AN ENTIRE TALENT QUEST SINGING ELVIS!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:57 pm

elvisjnr wrote:i was the overall winner! i never expected to win, i thought there were better than me, but when they said 'the young man', i thought it might be someone else, but they called my name and my mum yelled 'yay!' and the audience applauded until i got to the stage, and i was right at the back of the hall. you should see the medal i have! this is my biggest acheivement yet, and i'm really happy! all those Elvis impersonators out there, the ones that mumble and put the wig and can't sing and make fun of Elvis, you better watch out, i'm gonna be the best Elvis tribute artist ever, and that is a promise!

Ah, the exhuberance of youth. Well done elvisjnr!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:58 pm

jake wrote:i'll sell it to Sam
------------------------------------------------
sell it to Sam and it'll be worth nothing :P[/quote]

Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:27 am

elvisjnr wrote:jake wrote:i'll sell it to Sam
------------------------------------------------
sell it to Sam and it'll be worth nothing :P
[/quote]

People would come from miles to buy it from me.
Just so they get to meet me!!! :P

Well done Elvis !!! ..er Jnr.

:wink:

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:11 am

i have some more awesome news!

i have just been emailed that i have won a $500 voucher to spend on getting 20 10x8 studio family portrits. not a bad prize there :D

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:09 am

Congratulations ElvisJR :D

Next time, please sing Old Shep just for me/

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:09 am

Congratulations EJ. Just remember no costumes. :lol:
If you have some musical chops you should also look into developing your own style. That would be the ultimate tribute to Elvis, who told Sun Records "I don't sound like nobody"
In your sets you could always include a few Elvis songs and let the audience know that he is the man that had the most influence on you.

Food for thought!

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:40 pm

not a bad idea Blue Gypsy, and i could also promote songs he done that were less popular like 'polk salad annie'.i have written my own songs, i written one today in school called 'unreal', i based it on hearing 'tomorrow is a long time', i love the words like 'i can't see my reflection in the water', its cool as,i'd like to hear more bob dylan material. so i written my song with lyrics like 'i can't touch the feel of my own hand/ life slips through like grains of sand. yes i would like to make my own carrer of singing, but i'm sick of seeing all those bad impersonators out there and i wanna be better than them, but who knows, the wind might flow in another direction

Big Boss Man- i do not know all of old shep, better at love letters and danny boy, made people cry with that song and got my self on national radio. (have done a lot at 14 lol) plus i do not have a mike yet for the computer, but when i do, i'll show you all what i can do and that i am much better than other Elvis singers, truly!

Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:24 pm

MORE good news, this is just great!

on behalf of the talent quest organisers, i will be donating the money from the talent quest to my local hospital, so i will be carrying on the Elvis spirit. terrific!

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:17 pm

Congratulations Scott

TCB!

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:45 am

Hey Scotty.

The Muppets are looking for a backing singer :wink:

Sq

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:37 am

they're not even gettin a lead singer :P