Chat talk and light discussion

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:31 am

Image

I love Al Martino, but his albums tended to be somewhat patchy. The Exciting Voice Of, though, is consistently great all the way through.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 am

Image

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:11 am

R-3484444-1332201289.jpeg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:17 pm

This morning . . .

Image

Image

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Jo_Plus_Jazz.jpg


R-3841232-1346513177-6869.jpeg.jpg


MI0003518853.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:34 am

This CD arrived in the post this morning, and the reissue is really lovely. It comes in a gatefold sleeve, with a booklet in one side and the cd, housed in an inner sleeve containing a picture of the original tape box, is in the other. The sound quality of the new re-release is stunning, as is the music itself. Terry plays flugelhorn on twelve classic ballads backed by an orchestra of more than fifty musicians. Great stuff.

52008492.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 am

Image

Image

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:31 am

Image

Image

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 pm

My big sister was all Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds when I was a kid but she did have this which somehow ended up in my collection.Still sounds great today.

20171213_000519.jpg


norrie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:33 pm

norrie on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 pm wrote:My big sister was all Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds when I was a kid but she did have this which somehow ended up in my collection.Still sounds great today.

20171213_000519.jpg


norrie


That's another nice album cover, norrie.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Along with Tony Bennett Unplugged, my favourite MTV Unplugged album and show.

Image

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 pm

MI0001532314.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 am

Greystoke on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 pm wrote:
norrie on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 pm wrote:My big sister was all Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds when I was a kid but she did have this which somehow ended up in my collection.Still sounds great today.

20171213_000519.jpg


norrie


That's another nice album cover, norrie.



Yeah and it's a gatefold as well

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 am

norrie on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 pm wrote:My big sister was all Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds when I was a kid but she did have this which somehow ended up in my collection.Still sounds great today.

20171213_000519.jpg


norrie


Time is my favourite ELO album, but Discovery's my second favourite. They did a great cover of Little Town Flirt, and though it wouldn't have fit on the album, it's a fantastic bonus track on the CD reissue.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:45 am

51QPFDZ9-gL.jpg


MI0002758777.jpg


jazz-mission-to-moscow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 am

Greystoke: Have you ever heard the 1973 release on the MGM label which featured alternate instrumental tracks from the Davis/Basie album with brand new vocals by Davis? Would be nice if they released a deluxe version of the original album with both sets of vocals.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:13 am

Greystoke on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 am wrote:Image


Listened to some Luther too, though didn't keep track of his music after the 1995 Hits CD below. Got a couple of his original albums too - the Give Me The Reason album was an absolute 80's classic.

Also played some selections from Michael Bolton's hits.

Image

Image

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 am

Eggrert on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 am wrote:
goldbelt on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 pm wrote:Hazell Dean's 1988 album

Image


Oh man, I love that one! Funny, I was just listening to it earlier this afternoon. The expanded edition is my go-to issue, with awesome bonus tracks like E.S.P. (Extra-Sensual Persuasion) and Stand Up.


Cool stuff. Don't have the 2 disc set but it's an awesome original album. She did some great stuff before it too.

A late 80's classic!

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 am

poormadpeter2 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:48 am wrote:Greystoke: Have you ever heard the 1973 release on the MGM label which featured alternate instrumental tracks from the Davis/Basie album with brand new vocals by Davis? Would be nice if they released a deluxe version of the original album with both sets of vocals.


Yes, I had the LP when I listened to vinyl way back when. I've got the tracks downloaded now. The album's artwork was really nice and it would make for a great CD upgrade.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 am

goldbelt on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 am wrote:
Greystoke on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 am wrote:Image


Listened to some Luther too, though didn't keep track of his music after the 1995 Hits CD below. Got a couple of his original albums too - the Give Me The Reason album was an absolute 80's classic.

Also played some selections from Michael Bolton's hits.

Image

Image


Give Me the Reason is a really great album and so was his last album, Dance With My Father. Luther was so talented and I think he would have been doing some fantastic work had he lived longer.

His duet with Beyonce on The Closer I Get to You, which is on Dance With My Father, is just beautiful.



And Dance With My Father is about as poignant as it gets.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 am

This morning . . .

Image

Image

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Greystoke on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:31 am wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:48 am wrote:Greystoke: Have you ever heard the 1973 release on the MGM label which featured alternate instrumental tracks from the Davis/Basie album with brand new vocals by Davis? Would be nice if they released a deluxe version of the original album with both sets of vocals.


Yes, I had the LP when I listened to vinyl way back when. I've got the tracks downloaded now. The album's artwork was really nice and it would make for a great CD upgrade.


I shall have to do some hunting for it, I think.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:35 pm

poormadpeter2 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 pm wrote:
Greystoke on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:31 am wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:48 am wrote:Greystoke: Have you ever heard the 1973 release on the MGM label which featured alternate instrumental tracks from the Davis/Basie album with brand new vocals by Davis? Would be nice if they released a deluxe version of the original album with both sets of vocals.


Yes, I had the LP when I listened to vinyl way back when. I've got the tracks downloaded now. The album's artwork was really nice and it would make for a great CD upgrade.


I shall have to do some hunting for it, I think.


Try Amazon. They did offer a lot of great rarities and bootlegs for download at one point -- Sinatra`s Whitehouse and Jerusalem concerts amongst others.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:44 am

comebyme_0.jpg


JohnnyCashFromSeaToShiningSea.jpg


download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Last non-Elvis album you played

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 am

poormadpeter2 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 pm wrote:
comebyme_0.jpg


JohnnyCashFromSeaToShiningSea.jpg


download.jpg


Harry Connick, Jr.`s Come by Me is a pretty good album. I'll have to listen to that one again. It's been a while. And I can say the same about From Sea to Shining Sea.

Is Harry still doing his chat show? I streamed a few episodes and he's very well suited to the format. Good for him, I say.