Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 am

The fault in our stars,terribly sad film

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:43 am

"The Jerk" starring Steve Martin :wink:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Watched Nebraska last night.Slow paced but brilliant road trip movie.Superb performance by Bruce Dern as an old senile alcoholic who seems to have given up on life a long time ago and Will Forte as his long suffering son who never completely gives up on him.With a battle axe of a wife and a dysfunctional family scattered throughout a very bleak and boring Nebraska it's a fascinating character study expertly directed by Alexander Payne and shot in glorious black and white.

norrie

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:10 am

I thoroughly enjoyed Nebraska, Bruce Dern was superb

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 am

Nebraska's another one that slipped under the radar, ment to see it and forgot all about it until now, thanks Norrie. Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy, really enjoyed it, took me back to my childhood saturday matinees, harmless fun and nothing too dark.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 pm

The Apartment. Jack Lemmon and Shirley Maclaine.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 am

Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise,Groundhog Day with aliens

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:58 am

Sea Fury 2/6......almost void of any tension (gimme "FIST of Fury" instead) :lol:

Many faces from the 007 films in this : Paluzzi , Shaw , de Wolff , Robinson , Murcell.......

Lost in Translation 4/6

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:51 am

King Creole.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Flight 7500
A great movie ,if you have no fear of flying......
Flight 7500 departs Los Angeles International Airport bound for Tokyo. As the overnight flight makes its way over the Pacific Ocean during its ten-hour course, the passengers encounter what appears to be a supernatural force in the cabin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:29 am

I made a rare trip to the cinema yesterday to the cinema to see The Riot Club, loosely based on the antics of the Bullingdon Club that Cameron et al were part of. Based on a stage play, it's an odd film that, for some reason, never quite gets going. In fact, just as you think the story has REALLY started, the credits roll. The ten young actors work well as an ensemble, but Sam Claflin is a surprisingly weak link - although his character is hardly sympathetic. Max Irons is superb in the most likeable role, and this may well see his star start to rise more rapidly. In the end, it's not a particularly cinematic experience. Despite the narrative being "opened out" for the screen, it still feels like a play, especially given the way the film ends. Neutral endings are fine for the stage - we almost expect them in a serious drama - but on screen they're nearly always something of a let down unless it's an art film, which this never pretends to be.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:07 am

Just watched Dallas Buyers Club. I have to agree that he deserved that Oscar, for one thing. And for another, there's not a dull moment in the film. At least that's how I saw it. It was certainly an "issue" film, slightly historical, but it was more about an individual's transformation, and also, more than one individual. (The doctor who wouldn't play ball was also pretty compelling as a character.)

I kind of wish I'd have seen it when it first came out.

rjm

Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:01 am

Cold In July
starring Don Johnson,Sam Shepherd and Michael T Hall,a brutal storyline and a great film
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Last night i saw "The Homesman",i think i may have a bet on it winning some of next years Oscars
When three women living on the edge of the American frontier are driven mad by harsh pioneer life, the task of saving them falls to the pious, independent-minded Mary Bee Cuddy (Hilary Swank). Transporting the women by covered wagon to Iowa, she soon realizes just how daunting the journey will be, and employs a low-life drifter, George Briggs (Tommy Lee Jones), to join her. The unlikely pair and the three women (Grace Gummer, Miranda Otto, Sonja Richter) head east, where a waiting minister and his wife (Meryl Streep) have offered to take the women in. But the group first must traverse the harsh Nebraska Territories marked by stark beauty, psychological peril and constant threat. (C) Roadside

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:34 pm

I see greystoke has left the MB anyone know why ? he will be sadly missed on this thread i loved his movie reviews !!!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:42 pm

rocknroller wrote:I see greystoke has left the MB anyone know why ? he will be sadly missed on this thread i loved his movie reviews !!!

Dont know what happened Pat,but he is missed

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:47 pm

keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:I see greystoke has left the MB anyone know why ? he will be sadly missed on this thread i loved his movie reviews !!!

Dont know what happened Pat,but he is missed

Well i hope everything is ok with him and wish him well.i thought he might have just took a break and would have come back but it looks like he deleted his acount.took a bit of time away from the board myself sometimes you just get a bit fed up with the same old things !!!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 pm

I had noticed your absence,glad you are back

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 am

keninlincs wrote:I had noticed your absence,glad you are back

Cheers ken ! always glad to see your still posting away :D

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:10 am

Nice to see you back.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 am

rjm wrote:Nice to see you back.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Cheers rjm :D

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 pm

keninlincs wrote:Cold In July
starring Don Johnson,Sam Shepherd and Michael T Hall,a brutal storyline and a great film

Cool,this looks like a cracker.

norrle

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:51 pm

norrie wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Cold In July

Cool,this looks like a cracker.

norrle
its well worth watching Norrie

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Dark Passage - Bogie/Bacall