Post here your Elvis' pictures

is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:11 pm

i got these picture and not sure about the date
i guessing it is Kansas city 15-11-71
is this correct if not what is the date
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:20 pm

November 5, 1971. Minneapolis, MI.
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c711105.htm

Re: is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:23 pm

He really looked good in 1971. I saw him in Tuscaloosa for my first on-tour show. They sold some tickets in Atlanta that I purchased in a now closed record store. They were pretty good seats about half way down the side of the coliseum in the lower level not too far above the floor. He came out dancing and didn't stop. It was super cold that day.

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Elvis2000 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:20 pm wrote:November 5, 1971. Minneapolis, MI.
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c711105.htm

are you sure about that date there i only see black and whites and
not even clear ones and these picture are pretty clear to me
give me the idear it can,t be Minneapolis 5-11-71

Re: is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:23 pm

swagers on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:59 pm wrote:
Elvis2000 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:20 pm wrote:November 5, 1971. Minneapolis, MI.
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c711105.htm

are you sure about that date there i only see black and whites and
not even clear ones and these picture are pretty clear to me
give me the idear it can,t be Minneapolis 5-11-71


The microphone used was only used durning this show on this tour.

Here are pictures from Kansas City.
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c711115.htm

Re: is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:22 pm

swagers on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 am wrote:
Elvis2000 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:20 pm wrote:November 5, 1971. Minneapolis, MI.
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c711105.htm

are you sure about that date there i only see black and whites and
not even clear ones and these picture are pretty clear to me
give me the idear it can,t be Minneapolis 5-11-71



The photos in your OP appear to be colourized.

Re: is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 pm

i believe you,re right that they are colorized

Re: is this correct date

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:25 pm

lovin' EP on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 pm wrote:He really looked good in 1971. I saw him in Tuscaloosa for my first on-tour show. They sold some tickets in Atlanta that I purchased in a now closed record store. They were pretty good seats about half way down the side of the coliseum in the lower level not too far above the floor. He came out dancing and didn't stop. It was super cold that day.

Elvisly,

Linda


Didn't his cape fall off at the start of the show ?

Re: is this correct date

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:01 am

drjohncarpenter on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 pm wrote:The photos in your OP appear to be colourized.

They are not colorized - these photos first appeared in Kieran Davis' book on November 1971 tour. Or rather they first appeared at eBay. ;)

Capture3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: is this correct date

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 am

robbie on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm wrote:
lovin' EP on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 pm wrote:He really looked good in 1971. I saw him in Tuscaloosa for my first on-tour show. They sold some tickets in Atlanta that I purchased in a now closed record store. They were pretty good seats about half way down the side of the coliseum in the lower level not too far above the floor. He came out dancing and didn't stop. It was super cold that day.

Elvisly,

Linda


Didn't his cape fall off at the start of the show ?


Not that I recall, but I could be wrong. I just don't remember that happening.

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: is this correct date

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:43 am

I'm sure I've seen a photo from Nov 71 in the black version of this suit taken during the opening number where the cape appears to be unhooked on one side. It was early days for the capes and they probably started out with just hooks, then added the velcro after a couple of malfunctions...

Re: is this correct date

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:46 am

Yes, the cape came loose in Tuscaloosa on 11/14/71 and got stuck in his guitar strap....I was there too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: is this correct date

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:46 am

FrankieRider2 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:46 pm wrote:Yes, the cape came loose in Tuscaloosa on 11/14/71 and got stuck in his guitar strap....I was there too.


Image

Image




You never forget your first cape.