Post here your Elvis' pictures

Muhammad Ali at elvis gravesite

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:35 am

Not sure if this pic been posted before, its 1980 or around this time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Muhammad Ali at elvis gravesite

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Always nice to see Ali paying his respects.

It was good seeing the pic again. Cheers elvisLady.

More from Ali on these links from this very site:-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53147

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61030

Andy

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:42 pm

elvislady1964 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:35 am wrote:Not sure if this pic been posted before, its 1980 or around this time.

It has appeared here before, most notably after Ali passed away in 2016.

Here's a better version, with correct information:

850816_Ali_Soden.JPG
Muhammad Ali visits the Meditation Garden at Graceland on 8-16-1985, the eighth anniversary of Elvis' passing.
The trip was reported in Jet magazine.
To his left is Jack Soden, then known as executive director of Graceland Enterprises, he is currently CEO of Elvis Presley Enterprises.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 pm

The despondency on everyone’s face is clear to see.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Delboy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:46 am wrote:The despondency on everyone’s face is clear to see.

It was eight years later, to the day. They look solemn and respectful.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 pm

jetblack on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:29 pm wrote:Always nice to see Ali paying his respects.

It was good seeing the pic again. Cheers elvisLady.

More from Ali on these links from this very site:-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53147

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61030

Andy

Thanks andy, I did try and find it here but failed.... :D

Thanks doc for the correct info.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:08 am

Nice quote
“Elvis was my close personal friend. He came to my Deer Lake training camp about two years before he died. He told us he didn’t want nobody to bother us. He wanted peace and quiet and I gave him a cabin in my camp and nobody even knew it. When the cameras started watching me train, he was up on the hill sleeping in the cabin. Elvis had a robe made for me. I don’t admire nobody, but Elvis Presley was the sweetest, most humble and nicest man you’d want to know.” – Muhammad Ali"

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 am

Looks like a gloomy day for a sad occasion. Does anyone know who the lady is by Jack? Is that his wife? Thanks for posting the pic.

Elvisly,

Linda

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:12 pm

I knew it wasn't 1980...cause you can sadly see the first affects the still handsome ali has already in his face...meaning the stiffness in his facial expression, a product of his desease.
Sad.
But nice to see him there.
I think he genuinely cared for him.
Ali was never one who made false compliments.
So he called himself the"elvis of boxing".
I really wanna know (although i don't believe the story of elvis appearin in deer lake, maybe ali was putting jokingly the press on with that story) if that story that ali loved elvis' don't be cruel very much when first hearing it.