Post here your Elvis' pictures

Vegas showroom stage/ramp

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 pm

I've posted this pic a few times, but for the newer members thought you might enjoy. I walked down to the ramp around 8:30 a.m. of the morning we were flying home to Atlanta from Vegas. We sat in the third and fourth blue seats from the stage on the ramp the night before and got scarves when EP sang "Fever." The lights were off in the showroom, but I thought the picture turned out pretty well. Hope the newer members enjoy!

Elvisly,

Linda

Copy of Showroom73ret.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vegas showroom stage/ramp

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 pm

Thanks Linda...., a great pic and good to see it again.

It must have been different, I suspect, to see Elvis in Las Vegas rather than on the road in a concert hall. I had an opportunity to fly to Las Vegas in December 1976 and see the December 10th, dinner show. Unfortunately, I had to cancel but was able to give the tickets away to people who could attend and did. Anyway, it must have been a more intimate setting and allow Elvis to be seen even closer.

Thanks for your memories and posts.

rlj

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 pm

Brilliant. Thanks for posting. Always great to hear stories and see photos from people who saw Elvis live. I once worked with a guy who saw Elvis in Shreveport LA in 1954. I always regret not asking him more about it or if he had photos etc. Another guy I worked with his mother saw EP in Vegas in the 70’s. I am still in contact with him and will ask if he has any photos. His mum has sadly passed away but he told me she said it was the best concert she’d ever been to.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:58 am

It was a 1000 times better to see Elvis is Vegas or Tahoe!!!!!!........the real fans were shuffled to the sides of the stage and the high rollers were given seats centre to the stage........Elvis was so close to the fans as he went from side to side on the stage.....I never saw the ramp as the last time we saw Elvis was in September 1970.......we saw him in Tahoe after that!!!! We also saw him in the bigger places in Phoenix, Seattle,Portland and Eugene but unless you were close you couldn't even see Elvis' face clearly.....remember there were no large screens back then........Vegas and Tahoe was definitely more intimate and we LOVED seeing Elvis there!!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:07 pm

What a cool photo!

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 am

Thank you for sharing this awesome picture!

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:59 am

rlj4ep on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:46 pm wrote:Thanks Linda...., a great pic and good to see it again.

It must have been different, I suspect, to see Elvis in Las Vegas rather than on the road in a concert hall. I had an opportunity to fly to Las Vegas in December 1976 and see the December 10th, dinner show. Unfortunately, I had to cancel but was able to give the tickets away to people who could attend and did. Anyway, it must have been a more intimate setting and allow Elvis to be seen even closer.

Thanks for your memories and posts.

rlj

Yes, Vegas had a completely different atmosphere. Much more intimate and a very low stage. I was at the December 10, 11, and 12 shows. Saw the last show EP ever did in Vegas. I don't think I could have stood it if I had known that would be my last Vegas show. :cry:

Elvisly,

Linda

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:30 am

lovin' EP on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 am wrote:I was at the December 10, 11, and 12 shows. Saw the last show EP ever did in Vegas. I don't think I could have stood it if I had known that would be my last Vegas show. :cry:

That’s quite something and seeing the last show E did in Vegas must’ve been an experience.

Funny how time slips away, ehh? :(

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:18 pm

Lawrence on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 am wrote:
lovin' EP on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 am wrote:I was at the December 10, 11, and 12 shows. Saw the last show EP ever did in Vegas. I don't think I could have stood it if I had known that would be my last Vegas show. :cry:

That’s quite something and seeing the last show E did in Vegas must’ve been an experience.

Yes, it sure is funny how tine slips away. But my memories are so sweet and precious forever. My last scarf was Montgomery, Alabama in February (???) of 1976. A really great show My last show ever was in Macon, Georgia in June of 1976.

Elvisly,

Linda

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Elvis on the ramp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:20 pm

ArtyMorty on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:05 am wrote:Elvis on the ramp.

WOW, thanks, ArtyMorty. Neat picture that I have never seen.

Elvisly,

Linda
:smt060

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:36 am

lovin' EP on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:20 pm wrote:
ArtyMorty on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:05 am wrote:Elvis on the ramp.

WOW, thanks, ArtyMorty. Neat picture that I have never seen.

Elvisly,

Linda
:smt060

It's not a picture really, just a still from footage, but you're welcome.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:57 am

lovin' EP on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:18 am wrote:
Lawrence on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 am wrote:

Yes, it sure is funny how tine slips away. But my memories are so sweet and precious forever. My last scarf was Montgomery, Alabama in February (???) of 1976. A really great show My last show ever was in Macon, Georgia in June of 1976.

Elvisly,

Linda

Macon, GA was played at least twice in the last two years of Elvis's life: August 31, 1976 & June 1, 1977

Montgomery, AL was performed on February 16, 1977

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:05 am

Macon, GA was played at least twice in the last two years of Elvis's life: August 31, 1976 & June 1, 1977

Montgomery, AL was performed on February 16, 1977[/quote]

OOOPS! I meant to say June of 1977, NOT 1976. Sorry!

Elvisly,

Linda

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:23 am

i thought there was he ramp in vegas in sept 73
and the picture from elvis walking on the ramp looks like 73
all do i can,t make out a suit to be sure

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Here is Elvis on the ramp handing out a scarf, August 31, 1973. Photo taken by Laurens van Houten.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:48 am

i was wondering if there more pictures of elvis walking on that
ramp and after 73 i never saw that ramp again.
looks like it was there only in 73

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:47 pm

swagers on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:48 am wrote:i was wondering if there more pictures of elvis walking on that

I think you are correct that the ramp was only there in 1973. Seems like I read that they decided it was too dangerous for Elvis to be out on that ramp. He was definitely very vulnerable.

Elvisly,

Linda

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:45 pm

lovin' EP on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:47 am wrote:
swagers on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:48 am wrote:i was wondering if there more pictures of elvis walking on that

I think you are correct that the ramp was only there in 1973. Seems like I read that they decided it was too dangerous for Elvis to be out on that ramp. He was definitely very vulnerable.

Elvisly,

Linda

So was the ramp used just for the Summer 1973 season? Love the initial picture.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Mike C on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:
lovin' EP on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:47 am wrote:

Elvisly,

Linda

So was the ramp used just for the Summer 1973 season? Love the initial picture.

First time, January/February 1973. Last time, August/September 1974.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 pm

Found 2 pictures from the January/February 1973 Vegas in which part of the ramp is visible.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:07 am

I have this one dated as the jan/feb engagement. If dated correctly the ramp was there in '74 as well

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:20 am

Fabulous picture, BlueBonnet. Never seen it. It captures the atmosphere really well.

Elvisly,

Linda
:)

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 am

BlueBonnet on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 pm wrote:I have this one dated as the jan/feb engagement. If dated correctly the ramp was there in '74 as well

Great pic BlueBonnet. Thanks very much. It does appear that Duke Bardwell is on he bass guitar in the photo you posted, which would make the picture 1974. Thanks.

rlj

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:39 am

never knew that the ramp was there in 74
thanks for the pictures