vegas jan/febr 73??

Post by swagers »

i know this suit was worn in nov 72
but i did look at the background and
could it be possible that this picture
is from las vegas jan/febr 73
he introduced it nov72 and normaly
he would were it the season later
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

egilj
Registered for: 14 years

Re: vegas jan/febr 73??

Post by egilj »

No, it's from Long Beach.

Topic author
swagers
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by swagers »

how about the background then
on tour shows there was no light show on the background

Erik van den Berg
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Erik van den Berg »

Still looking for a original picturer Elvis wearing this suit with the original belt... Great photo...!

Sincerely,
Erik van den Berg

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

swagers wrote:i know this suit was worn in nov 72
but i did look at the background and
could it be possible that this picture
is from las vegas jan/febr 73
he introduced it nov72 and normaly
he would were it the season later

As noted, it's from 11-15-1972 (Long Beach). The background appears to have been lightened, and the image is reversed.

Here's the correct view:

721115_Long Beach.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

sundial77
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by sundial77 »

Erik van den Berg wrote:Still looking for a original picturer Elvis wearing this suit with the original belt... Great photo...!
There is ONE very blurry image that I've seen of Elvis in this suit with the original belt, from Jan-Feb'73,but I cannot remember where I seen it. Maybe a kind FECC member can post it, or point us in the right direction.
Elvis was also considerably slimmer during the Jan-Feb 1973 season, having got in shape for Aloha.

Topic author
swagers

Post by swagers »

i hope comes up with pictures of elvis in 73
with this suit
jan

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Long Beach concert? It seems that Marty Pasetta saw this concert and he was not impressed and told later to Elvis to lose weight.

medleyofcostumes
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Post by medleyofcostumes »

sundial77 wrote:
Erik van den Berg wrote:Still looking for a original picturer Elvis wearing this suit with the original belt... Great photo...!
There is ONE very blurry image that I've seen of Elvis in this suit with the original belt, from Jan-Feb'73,but I cannot remember where I seen it. Maybe a kind FECC member can post it, or point us in the right direction.
Elvis was also considerably slimmer during the Jan-Feb 1973 season, having got in shape for Aloha.

There is video footage (in poor quality) from February 1973 of Elvis wearing this suit (with original belt) + cape. Could be one taken by Rex Martin as this footage includes more than one show from the season. I believe the pictures you saw are stills from this footage. I seem to recall it was from Sylvesterselvispages.

batjak
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by batjak »

Look at the microphone guys...it's a 1972 'Flat Top' ONLY used in June and November 1972. Vegas never had this type of microphone. Its Long Beach 1972 deffo. :smt006

batjak

Post by batjak »

Here is the 'correct' image. The version put on the board at the top of the subject was also used in a USA tribute magazine some years back. The magazine also changed other color shots from various shows with the false background in a bid to make them more interesting(?) Apologies, for the life in me I just can't figure HOW to download this image to the board. Help anyone?? :facep:

Delboy
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by Delboy »

egilj wrote:No, it's from Long Beach.
Is this the show Marty Passetta attended and labelled as 'boring' and that he needed to lose weight? If it's January our hero certainly piled on the pounds pretty quick. :wink:
Sorry Jurasic1968. Skimmed through and didn't see your post. :oops:

drjohncarpenter

batjak wrote:Here is the 'correct' image. The version put on the board at the top of the subject was also used in a USA tribute magazine some years back. The magazine also changed other color shots from various shows with the false background in a bid to make them more interesting(?) Apologies, for the life in me I just can't figure HOW to download this image to the board. Help anyone?? :facep:
When you make a post:

1) Click "Upload attachment" tab
2) Click "Choose File" button
3) Find the image file, select it and click "Open" button
4) Click "Add the file" button
5) After image uploaded to FECC, finish writing your post and click "Submit" button

Hope this helps.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

egilj
Registered for: 14 years

Post by egilj »

Delboy wrote:
Is this the show Marty Passetta attended and labelled as 'boring' and that he needed to lose weight? (...)
Don't know. However, on the AR of the last show, a guy in the audience says that Elvis was much better than last night. Perhaps the first show was not quite up to par and if Passetta saw this show, maybe that can explain some of his disappointments.

batjak

Post by batjak »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
batjak wrote:Here is the 'correct' image. The version put on the board at the top of the subject was also used in a USA tribute magazine some years back. The magazine also changed other color shots from various shows with the false background in a bid to make them more interesting(?) Apologies, for the life in me I just can't figure HOW to download this image to the board. Help anyone?? :facep:
When you make a post:

5) After image uploaded to FECC, finish writing your post and click "Submit" button

Hope this helps.
Thanks Drjohn....but I simply can't find "UPLOAD ATTACHMENT" tab. It's not anywhere to be found. There does not seem to be provision on the "SUBMIT POST" bar. The Image tab just drops out as letters and digits. There is no way to search for my file to be posted.

sundial77

Post by sundial77 »

egilj wrote:
Delboy wrote:
Is this the show Marty Passetta attended and labelled as 'boring' and that he needed to lose weight? (...)
Don't know. However, on the AR of the last show, a guy in the audience says that Elvis was much better than last night. Perhaps the first show was not quite up to par and if Passetta saw this show, maybe that can explain some of his disappointments.
Back in the early 90s I was at home with the radio on, and to my delight, "Hound Dog" filled the room. Afterwards, the DJ, Paul Acheson from here in Belfast, told a story about how he was in the front row of an Elvis concert in 1972,and described the "You ain't..." introduction with EP teasing with the start of the song. Intrigued, I rang the station and asked him what show he had attended. "Long Beach, California on November 14th" was his immediate reply. I asked him what the show was like, and his surprising reply was "very disappointing". When I asked why, he said that Elvis appeared to be half asleep, and,after Can't Help Falling In Love, Elvis bowed, Cape open, then vanished. Having never seen EP in concert before, Paul was waiting eagerly for Elvis to return for an encore and do "Jailhouse Rock" and other classics not performed that night. To his dismay, his ears were filled with Al Dvorns voice booming "Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building!!", and his heart sank.
I've never heard a recording of this show, so I cannot comment what this performance was like, but certainly any photos of this first Long Beach show that I've seen, Elvis doesn't seem to be very happy. I don't think I've seen one photo of him smiling during the show.

drjohncarpenter

batjak wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:When you make a post:

Hope this helps.
Thanks Drjohn....but I simply can't find "UPLOAD ATTACHMENT" tab. It's not anywhere to be found. There does not seem to be provision on the "SUBMIT POST" bar. The Image tab just drops out as letters and digits. There is no way to search for my file to be posted.
Are you on a smart phone? Maybe things look different in that view.

Here's the "Upload attachment" tab location:

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.47.33 PM.jpg

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

batjak

Post by batjak »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
batjak wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hello my friend. Nope, this is not available to me either. All I have is the boards 'Post A Reply' feature. In the top bar 'IMG appears. When I click this all I then have is a series of numbers and digits and no way to search my files. I can't understand how difficult I am finding it to simply post a photo file (smile). Maybe I just have an old version of FEC??

drjohncarpenter

batjak wrote:Hello my friend. Nope, this is not available to me either. All I have is the boards 'Post A Reply' feature. In the top bar 'IMG appears. When I click this all I then have is a series of numbers and digits and no way to search my files. I can't understand how difficult I am finding it to simply post a photo file (smile). Maybe I just have an old version of FEC??
Yes, something is wrong. You should be seeing what I posted in the screenshot.

Contact fecc-mechanic via Personal Message and see if he can help you:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=5000

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

merry77

Post by merry77 »

The microphone is a Shure sm57 which used a cap that has to be screwed on. I found a vintage one on ebay.

The photo you mean is this one (a video grab).

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.

Hans
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Hans »

batjak wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
batjak wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hello my friend. Nope, this is not available to me either. All I have is the boards 'Post A Reply' feature. In the top bar 'IMG appears. When I click this all I then have is a series of numbers and digits and no way to search my files. I can't understand how difficult I am finding it to simply post a photo file (smile). Maybe I just have an old version of FEC??
You first have to click 'postreply' - it's just above the post a reply area in red.

sundial77

Post by sundial77 »

merry77 wrote:The microphone is a Shure sm57 which used a cap that has to be screwed on. I found a vintage one on ebay.

Thank you Merry77. The very photograph.
Wonder if the other November 1972 suits were worn during this season? The Thunderbird suit was worn during at least one show, perhaps the Black Conquistador and Tiffany also made appearances.

Topic author
swagers

Post by swagers »

merry77 wrote:The microphone is a Shure sm57 which used a cap that has to be screwed on. I found a vintage one on ebay.

the picture looks more at the planet suit but with a diffent belt as he wore in 72
is this a vegas picture