Variety of pics... plz help date

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
BBG

Variety of pics... plz help date

Post by BBG »

here is a bunch of pics... if anybody knows date and place for any of these I would really appreciate your input here.

part one..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
BBG

Re: Variety of pics... plz help date

Post by BBG »

part two...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

part three...

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

part four...

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

part five...

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

last part...

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

It'd be a lot better if these are posted separately, or maybe two or three per topic ... lot to work through here.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

drjohncarpenter wrote:It'd be a lot better if these are posted separately, or maybe two or three per topic ... lot to work through here.

I agree, John.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

steevefry

Post by steevefry »

Date 11 = September 28, 1974 ??
Date 14 = June 15, 1974
Date 15 = May 30, 1975

Stevenson

Post by Stevenson »

BBG wrote:here is a bunch of pics... if anybody knows date and place for any of these I would really appreciate your input here.
Sorry, can't help you with dates - not my cup of tea (so to speak), but thanks for posting them!

When your heart gets restless - time to move along,
When your heart gets weary - time to sing a song,
But when a dream is calling you
There's just one thing that you can do...

Follow That Dream (1961)

galaxie

Post by galaxie »

if you search google for, example, "Elvis Vernon Minni Mae" you find something like this: http://www.elvisclubberlin.de/informativ/elvis-in-deutschland/1959
it is much easier, and lazier, to ask the forum. Sit back and await the answers to your questions. I learned from experience that it is more fun to find yourself. You never know what a deep search brings you. Good luck!! Date 1 was here days ago. Love Me Tender recording sessions....shirt was PINK! (DrJCarpenter) BTW the color one is from August 1956 Audubon Drive. Right after he finished the Florida tour.

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

drjohncarpenter wrote:It'd be a lot better if these are posted separately, or maybe two or three per topic ... lot to work through here.
Got your point and will do in future posts. Thanks!

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

steevefry wrote:Date 11 = September 28, 1974 ??
Date 14 = June 15, 1974
Date 15 = May 30, 1975
Thanks a lot steevefry

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

galaxie wrote:if you search google for, example, "Elvis Vernon Minni Mae" you find something like this: http://www.elvisclubberlin.de/informativ/elvis-in-deutschland/1959
it is much easier, and lazier, to ask the forum. Sit back and await the answers to your questions. I learned from experience that it is more fun to find yourself. You never know what a deep search brings you. Good luck!! Date 1 was here days ago. Love Me Tender recording sessions....shirt was PINK! (DrJCarpenter) BTW the color one is from August 1956 Audubon Drive. Right after he finished the Florida tour.

I do search online and have spent countless hours searching...sometimes I find the answers and other times not, so I turn to help here from the "experts". So it is not a case of sitting back and waiting because I am lazy. Also, doesn't it make this board more interesting to dig up and share info on the pictures posted then to just post pics for the hell of it?
I do know year and sometimes place for most of the pics but was hoping someone knew exact date as I try to file thousands of pictures me and my husband have.
BTW I do not believe pic one is from the Love Me Tender recording session as the shirt looks different (?)

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Thanks much BBG. Many pics I've never seen before. My thoughts below are by no means definitive, they are my best guess.

Pic part 2 number 5 is very interesting. By the looks of things I'm guessing 1974 since it looks like Duke Bardwell on bass.

Part 5 pic 4 looks like Tampa, Florida, September 13, 1970, evening show (although it could be from the 11/14/70 LA show as well).
Part 5 pic 5 looks like Los Angeles, California November 14, 1970 afternoon show.

We have some very skilled folks here who I suspect will uncover the dates.

rlj

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

rlj4ep wrote:Thanks much BBG. Many pics I've never seen before. My thoughts below are by no means definitive, they are my best guess.

Pic part 2 number 5 is very interesting. By the looks of things I'm guessing 1974 since it looks like Duke Bardwell on bass.

Part 5 pic 4 looks like Tampa, Florida, September 13, 1970, evening show (although it could be from the 11/14/70 LA show as well).
Part 5 pic 5 looks like Los Angeles, California November 14, 1970 afternoon show.

We have some very skilled folks here who I suspect will uncover the dates.

rlj
Thanks a lot for your input... I think you are right on the Tampa and LA 1970 pic but would be nice to get it confirmed. ::rocks

MikeFromHolland

Post by MikeFromHolland »

BBG wrote:
galaxie wrote:if you search google for, example, "Elvis Vernon Minni Mae" you find something like this: http://www.elvisclubberlin.de/informativ/elvis-in-deutschland/1959

BTW I do not believe pic one is from the Love Me Tender recording session as the shirt looks different (?)
True. It's a picture taken by Phillip Harrington. Here's another one of his series:

Much more info and pics to be found here:
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/evan-harrington.html?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=508368

Thanks for the share BBG!

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
BBG wrote:

True. It's a picture taken by Phillip Harrington. Here's another one of his series:

Much more info and pics to be found here:
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/evan-harrington.html?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=508368

Thanks for the share BBG!
Thanks a lot for the link Mike. So many great images just too bad it did not offer any info... looking at the brick wall background could it be May 27, 1956 in Dayton, Ohio ?

MikeFromHolland

Post by MikeFromHolland »

BBG wrote:
Thanks a lot for the link Mike. So many great images just too bad it did not offer any info... looking at the brick wall background could it be May 27, 1956 in Dayton, Ohio ?
You're right. May 27, 1956 Elvis performed at the University of Dayton Fieldhouse, Dayton, Ohio at 200 and 800 pm. These ones were taken in between two performances that day.

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
BBG wrote:
You're right. May 27, 1956 Elvis performed at the University of Dayton Fieldhouse, Dayton, Ohio at 200 and 800 pm. These ones were taken in between two performances that day.

Cool...thanks a lot!

galaxie

Post by galaxie »

First thing i need to say BBG; It was not personal, not at all. I think some of your pictures are cool and need to be examin. When i respond i was very much irritated seeing recent pictures from FECC popping up on photo FB accounts claiming THEIR find. I just hate people doing so, at least they can mention the source it is a courtesy to do so. I know for sure that a lot of people on this forum spending countless hours to find an image or two and share.

Part1 date 3: prior to leaving for the concert at Russwood Park. July 4, 1956 by Wertheimer.
Last edited by galaxie on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

galaxie wrote:First thing i need to say BBG; It was not personal, not at all. I think some of your pictures are cool and need to be examin. When i respond i was very much iritated seeing recent pictures from FECC popping up on photo FB accounts claiming THEIR find. I just hate people doing so, at least they can mention the source it is a courtesy to do so. I know for sure that a lot of people on this forum spending countless hours to find an image or two and share.

Part1 date 3: prior to leaving for the concert at Russwood Park. July 4, 1956 by Wertheimer.
No worries galaxie.. I totally agree on the FB issue.
Thanks for the info on date #3
::rocks

galaxie

Post by galaxie »

Topic author
BBG

Post by BBG »

galaxie wrote:Date22 part5
more on: http://brian56.dk/50s/1957/5709/570918.html
wow thanks a lot for this info

galaxie

Post by galaxie »

Info on pictures 4-5 and 21 here: http://scottymoore.net/audubon.html