Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
nathalie
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

elvis and priscilla 1969

Post by nathalie »

Did some of you have this picture without the watermark? Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brian
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: elvis and priscilla 1969

Post by brian »

Yeah somewhere.

FireEyes
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by FireEyes »

This was a new one for me...would love a copy without the watermarks...

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

nathalie wrote:Did some of you have this picture without the watermark? Thank you

Something tells me this was taken after Priscilla and Elvis saw Barbara Streisand's 7-30-1969 CS. Can anyone confirm this?

Too bad the quality isn't very good on this copy. And I'll bet the original is in color.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

egilj
Registered for: 14 years

Post by egilj »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
nathalie wrote:Did some of you have this picture without the watermark? Thank you

Something tells me this was taken after Priscilla and Elvis saw Barbara Streisand's 7-30-1969 CS. Can anyone confirm this?

Too bad the quality isn't very good on this copy. And I'll bet the original is in color.
The pic was taken at the Sinatra party on August 29.

drjohncarpenter

egilj wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Ah, you mean the after-party following Nancy Sinatra's Las Vegas debut at the International Hotel, 8-29-1969 OS. That seems right. This shot was taken at about the same time, and shows her dad, Frank Sinatra, greeting Elvis and Priscilla, with legendary actor-dancer-singer Fred Astaire nearby:

690829_Nancy after party 01.jpg
In the OP, that must be the back of Frank's head we see in the posted image. Here's a neat candid, taken from the opposite side:

690829_Nancy after party 02.jpg
It seems Elvis not only brought along his wife, Lamar Fike and Joe Esposito, but also his dad Vernon, step-mom Dee, and cousin Patsy Gambill with her spouse, Marvin ("G.G."), if these photos are any proof:

690829_Nancy after party 03.jpg
690829_Nancy after party 04.jpg
Looking at the background of all these images, I'm now pretty certain this party was held at Caesar's Palace. According to news reports, Nancy's dad was the host of this party, and Caesar's Palace was his venue. In fact, he would headline there on 9-19-1969.

690826_Toledo Blade.jpg
Toledo Blade - Tuesday, August 26, 1969
Syndicated Hollywood columnist Joyce Haber notes after-party plan to be hosted by Frank for his daughter.

Another piece of the puzzle!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

ArtyMorty
Registered for: 12 years

Post by ArtyMorty »

quality is far from great and it's very dark, but here it is sans watermark

Topic author
nathalie
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by nathalie »

ArtyMorty wrote:quality is far from great and it's very dark, but here it is sans watermark

Thank you so much

Jim Dandy
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by Jim Dandy »

If that's Priscilla in your photos DJC, #s 2 and 3 then it's not the Sinatra party as she's wearing black, not white. Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the man downstairs with the long bushy hair!

Erik van den Berg

Post by Erik van den Berg »

My god priscilla looks pritty in '69.
It doesn't seem to be the same day as with Sinatra... but its about the same time of the year.

Sincerely,
Erik van den Berg

Jim Dandy
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by Jim Dandy »

Here's a good one
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446161312.627077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the man downstairs with the long bushy hair!

mjsantafe
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by mjsantafe »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
egilj wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Ah, you mean the after-party following Nancy Sinatra's Las Vegas debut at the International Hotel, 8-29-1969 OS. That seems right. This shot was taken at about the same time, and shows her dad, Frank Sinatra, greeting Elvis and Priscilla, with legendary actor-dancer-singer Fred Astaire nearby:

It seems Elvis not only brought along his wife, Lamar Fike and Joe Esposito, but also his dad Vernon, step-mom Dee, and cousin Patsy Gambill with her spouse, Marvin ("G.G."), if these photos are any proof:

Looking at the background of all these images, I'm now pretty certain this party was held at Caesar's Palace. According to news reports, Nancy's dad was the host of this party, and Caesar's Palace was his venue. In fact, he would headline there on 9-19-1969.

The logo on the security guard's shirt is the logo for the International Hotel. My vote is that the party was held there and not at Caesar's Palace.

drjohncarpenter

Jim Dandy wrote:If that's Priscilla in your photos DJC, #s 2 and 3 then it's not the Sinatra party as she's wearing black, not white. Your thoughts?
In my previous post, photo #1 and #2 show Priscilla to Elvis' left. Photo #3 and #4 depict someone else, standing to Elvis right.

mjsantafe wrote:The logo on the security guard's shirt is the logo for the International Hotel. My vote is that the party was held there and not at Caesar's Palace.
Nice spot, but I disagree about the after party location. Sinatra was more likely to have the bigwigs at Caesar's handle the festivities, that was his turf. The bottom two photos where Elvis is seen signing an autograph must be after Nancy's show finished, but before the Presley group was shepherded from the International to Caesar's.

If we can get some confirmation, I'll update the earlier post. Thanks again.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Thanks a lot, Doc. By the way, do you know, is any information about Fred Astaire, I mean if he saw Elvis in concert?

drjohncarpenter

jurasic1968 wrote:Thanks a lot, Doc. By the way, do you know, is any information about Fred Astaire, I mean if he saw Elvis in concert?
No idea, but he did see Elvis at Nancy's Sinatra's concert. :-)

One suspects Presley's music was not at the top of his "to see" list. He was 70 years old in August 1969, after all.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Right. Incredible, he was 70 years old and had such a long and amazing career.

UniqueDog12
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by UniqueDog12 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
egilj wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

690829_Nancy after party 01.jpg
In the OP, that must be the back of Frank's head we see in the posted image. Here's a neat candid, taken from the opposite side:

690829_Nancy after party 02.jpg

690829_Nancy after party 03.jpg
690829_Nancy after party 04.jpg

690826_Toledo Blade.jpg
Toledo Blade - Tuesday, August 26, 1969
Syndicated Hollywood columnist Joyce Haber notes after-party plan to be hosted by Frank for his daughter.

The photos were taken on a different occasion. Priscilla is wearing a black outfit in these photos. When they attended Nancy Sinatra`s party, she was wearing a white and pink fringe outfit.

drjohncarpenter

UniqueDog12 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Another piece of the puzzle!

The photos were taken on a different occasion. Priscilla is wearing a black outfit in these photos. When they attended Nancy Sinatra`s party, she was wearing a white and pink fringe outfit.
I already explained this in a follow-up, you missed the comment.
drjohncarpenter wrote:In my previous post, photo #1 and #2 show Priscilla to Elvis' left. Photo #3 and #4 depict someone else, standing to Elvis right.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.