Elvis' voice 1961-1963

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
CountCanada
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Elvis' voice 1961-1963

Post by CountCanada »

Listening to some of the tracks during this time period, I believe it was the best he ever sang. His voice was smooth and his vocal range was great.
Songs like Surrender, Anything That's part of You, Love Me Tonight, Something Blue, I Met Her Today...all were done with such precision. Although there were not alot of "hit" records during this time period, it is fast becoming my favorite time period of his music... There are some genuinely great songs...although not popular ones...

Interested in hearing your thoughts about this time period and your favourite specific songs.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Elvis' voice 1961-1963

Post by drjohncarpenter »

CountCanada wrote:Listening to some of the tracks during this time period, I believe it was the best he ever sang. His voice was smooth and his vocal range was great.
Songs like Surrender, Anything That's part of You, Love Me Tonight, Something Blue, I Met Her Today...all were done with such precision. Although there were not alot of "hit" records during this time period, it is fast becoming my favorite time period of his music... There are some genuinely great songs...although not popular ones...

Interested in hearing your thoughts about this time period and your favourite specific songs.
Where's the photo?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

SteamrollerBlues
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

I'm sure you didn't mean to put this here, but anyways, I agree his voice during that period is awesome. The Elvis Is Back! album features perhaps his best singing aside from From Elvis In Memphis. And to justify this being in the Elvis Picture section...

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years

Post by mike edwards66 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
CountCanada wrote:Listening to some of the tracks during this time period, I believe it was the best he ever sang. His voice was smooth and his vocal range was great.

Where's the photo?

Obviously, this topic is not intended for pedants.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

drjohncarpenter

mike edwards66 wrote:Obviously, this topic is not intended for pedants.
Then, scoot!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
CountCanada
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Post by CountCanada »

I am sorry if I offended anyone. I seem to have posted this thread in the wrong area. My mistake and my apologies.

drjohncarpenter

CountCanada wrote:I am sorry if I offended anyone. I seem to have posted this thread in the wrong area. My mistake and my apologies.
No worries, my first reply was tongue-in-cheek.

Speaking of his voice in this period, I would choose the time frame 3-20-1960 (first RCA session after army) to 8-30-1963 (last RCA session for "Viva Las Vegas") as when it is most supple, eclectic and golden.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

SteamrollerBlues wrote:I'm sure you didn't mean to put this here, but anyways, I agree his voice during that period is awesome. The Elvis Is Back! album features perhaps his best singing aside from From Elvis In Memphis. And to justify this being in the Elvis Picture section...
Naw.. His best singing can be found here. I think the charts would have to agree. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ICanHelp
Registered for: 10 years

Post by ICanHelp »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
CountCanada wrote:I am sorry if I offended anyone. I seem to have posted this thread in the wrong area. My mistake and my apologies.
No worries, my fist reply was tongue-in-cheek.

Speaking of his voice in this period, I would choose the time frame 3-20-1960 (first RCA session after army) to 8-30-1963 (last RCA session for "Viva Las Vegas") as when it is most supple, eclectic and golden.
Agree but for pure rock and roll, it's hard to beat 54-59 and 68-70.

Ifeelthebreezenow
Registered for: 11 years

Post by Ifeelthebreezenow »

Agree but for pure rock and roll, it's hard to beat 54-59 and 68-70.

Pretty amazing when you think those 7 years were musically his best and was on top of his game.
To have a legacy as he does last based on those few years. Is truly an unprecedented occurrence.
I look towards super groups like The Rolling Stones, U2 and I'm sure a few more that required 20+ years to establish themselves
in that upper tier when it came to interest being kept up by the masses.

I don't live in the past.
Only take from the past to drive me forward

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years

Post by mike edwards66 »

1960 - 1962, with an honourable mention for 1963. The King's honey-sweet and silky-smooth voice was a finely tuned instrument, effortlessly played to perfection.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

california boy
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by california boy »

Im a huge fan of his 1960-1963 voice, also some 1964 recordings ( from Roustabout soundtrack and the song ASK ME )
The recordings from those years are the most that im listen to
p.s.
Love his voice on "Tender Feeling" very very special ;)

Singer - Songwriter
First album :"INSPIRATION OF THE TRUTH" - July 2011
Including songs such as : "Baby i want you " , "The Sands of time" , "Sad Rain", "When i dream" , "Vanilla candle" and more....
the album available here :
Buy it from : http://cdbaby.com/cd/liorb
"SAD RAIN " - from my 1st album, here on the following link :

2nd Album just released Nov 2012 - "MOMENTS IN TIME" - features a Special Christmas song: "Happy White Christmas"
NEW Album released DEC 2014 - "POT OF GOLD " - LIOR B - to order a copy please contact me, ill ship worldwide !

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Off topic, right now I listened to Please Don't Stop Loving Me from 1965 and I think Elvis had a very good voice in this song.

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by karlos »

Elvis voice in early 1960s was so great like a fine tuned instrument as some one added here . Listen to songs such as "Cant Help Falling In Love " from Blue Hawaii , "Starting Today " , "Theres Always Me " , "Thats Someone You'll Never Forget" , "Anything Thats Part Of You" etc .
His voice grew mellow and stronger through the years and yes he could sing anything as they derived during the early days
Elvis will be iconic and be remembered for centuries to come and many new generation of all ages will love him in years to come like we do

Long Live The King Forever
Taking Care Of Elvis Forever :smt006 ::rocks